Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Just got my tongue periced. swelling ??
Hey, i just got my tongue pierced yesterday and right now my tongue is soo swollen. What could ido to reduce this. My tongue is also hurts really bad, i want to know if this is normal to? How long is ...

Please Help!?
My tooth broke off and it was already abseced and they other day it was hurting really bad so I pulled it out but there is still a little bit of my tooth left inside and the abseces is still there. I ...

Has any one had a doctor or dentist that said oops while he was working on you?
i ...

Tooth Problem!!!?
Does anyone know how long it takes for the hole to close when you have a wisdom tooth pulled out? Also I did'nt get any stitches!...

A person you don’t particularly like has food stuck between his teeth. Do you tell him?

Ok, here's a dental quiz =) Lets see if you pass the test!! I will give 5 stars to the first winner =)?
1.How many times should you visit a dentist per year?
2.Which is better in preventing cavities? A toothbrush or floss? Only pick one!
3. After how many months should you change your ...

What's the most effective way to whiten your teeth?
besides going to the dentist every day?
Additional Details
AND BESIDES BRUSHING!!!...

Is it better to have a brace for 2 years and have strait teeth or not and have crooked teeth forever?
im almost 20 years old and my smile isnt perfect, i know that a brace would fix this and i would feel so much more confident having pefrectly strait teeth. im starting uni next year though and am ...

I'm getting my braces off....?
Well today i went for dental impressions, because i'm getting my braces off in a little less than a month. but today when they did impressions, they had to take everything off except for ...

Issue with my teeth?
I will admit i have not been the best person to clean my teeth because mint makes me sick and 99% of toothpaste i have found is mint. Now my problem is the back of my teeth are a kind of dark colour ...

Pleas read this im a scared 16 year old with one wisdom tooth growing just tell me if it sounds normal?
im 16 havent losed or had teeth grow in in a few years i forget what its like pleas tell me what you think ok my bottom wisdom tooth only right side is just showing only in one corner not the cencer ...

My gum still hurts two weeks after my tooth was removed, is this normal?

Should I get my crown removed?
I am constantly nervous about-what if my crown gets loose, it falls off, I swallow it and I choke on it? I worry about it happening when I eat or when I am asleep at night. I just don't like ...

I have a tooth ache and it hurts really bad what would i use?
i have no way to the store. so what are so old remedies that i can use that i may have at home. please help it hurts so ...

What can you eat with spacers/braces?
okay im getting my braces in like 4 days i have spacers already but im not eating much.l and well im looking for a good list of food u can eat with braces and spacers, and im sick and tired of the ...

Im getting my braces off!!!?
next month my braces come off! does it hurt? what happens? I"M SO EXCITED!!!...

I'm getting braces next week, and I'm really scared...How do they put it on, do they hurt when they put it on?

How do you brush your teeth with out a tooth brush?

Can you get mouthwash for under 6 yrs old?
I have been to the supermarket today and all the mouthwashes (including a special children's one) said they were unsuitable for under 6's.

My son (aged 4) often has offensive ...

Does a mixture of salt and lime whitens the teeth?
what can i do to have perfectly white teeth?...

gambitxboy
When do you use mouth wash? Before or after you brush your teeth?
I've always used it after brushing my teeth. However, my roommate uses it before. Who is right and why?

HappyGoLucky
Rating
I do it both, they are your teeth, so you don't want to lose them

angiebarfield1972
both before and after

greenhorn
Normal brushing of teeth not only cleans/massages teeth and gums but also kills a lot of bacteria in the mouth due to the action of chemicals in the toothpaste used. Bad breath is masked to some extent.
Mouthwash is meant to specifically kill odor causing bacteria and is pretty strong, though its effect on controlling bad breath is not long lasting. The purpose of mouthwash is not to clean/massage the teeth and gums, but its ingredients are stronger than those used in a toothpaste for bad breath control.
I feel using a mouthwash after brushing would be a good idea as it may result in a longer lasting masking of bad breath as compared to using mouthwash first and then brushing teeth.

alphawhiskey43
Rating
Brush your teeth first, then gargle with mouth wash, then floss, then gargle again.

jenivive
Rating
after. ur roomie might have the kind of mouthwash that whitens teeth and thats got instructions that say to use before brushing

Chef Tony
Rating
After. Floss loosens, brushing cleans and loosens as well, rinse with water, rinse with mouthwash (gets rid of debris thats left over from brushing). Anything medicated goes last.

janny
I normally use it before i brush my teeth just to kill the germs first.But some use it after they brush.It depends one ones choice.

Scarlett
Rating
Floss first
Then brush
Use mouthwash last. Then you shouldn't rinse, eat, or drink for 30 minuites.

The purpose of the mouthwash is to fill in the holes on the surface of your teeth with floride to strengthen your enamel.

Tabitha
Rating
I use it after too. I really don't know what's right and wrong.

KittyKattsMeow
After, read the bottle and most mouth washes tell you not to eat or drink anything for like 30 min after using it. Which would include brushing.

hill
i don't think it matters, but i usually do it after.

NYC gal
You can actually use it before and after. Mouthwash kills bacteria that causes bad breath especially something like Listerine. There are other "rinses" that are supposed to soften plaque (which I don't think mouthwash does- ex. Act) so that when you brush your teeth they are cleaner. That's probably optimal but you could find a good mouthwash that does both and use it before and after for clean teeth.

defender_90
Rating
either actually. but 'after' is the best way. since mouth was mainly used to clean out the remaining germs (between unreachable for brush area & tongue). so it's best to brush 1st,to clear out main stain,then use mouthwash to finish it all..

zara01
I use it after but there is a new product out there that you use first, I've seen it advertised. I don't know why... As long as you are getting the nasties out of your mouth I don't really think it matters. I do it after because the brushing gets rid of surface stuff that might block the mouth wash from getting between my teeth.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, July 26, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy