Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Any kind words for a sick person?
I just got my wisdom teeth out this morning.
I'm swollen and my mouth keeps bleeding (yuck!)

And kind words for me?...

Besides toothpaste, what comes in a tube?

Additional Details
It is for radio ...

I hav a very loose tooth how do i pull it out?
it is hanging off the gum and it is very painful wat do i do?...

Am i too old?
im 17 i will be 18 in september im supposed to be getting braces on soon and the dentist said i would have to wear them at most 2 years . as i get closer to having them put on i cant stop stressing ...

Is everybody up so late?
It's 3am here! I can't sleep 'cause I have a darned toothache!
Additional Details
Man, I'm going to be dead '...

Bad breath?
My boyfriend has bad breath nearly all day, even after I offered him gum his mouth still felt/smelled funny. And after he brushes his teeth it smells ok and then after a while it smells funny again. I...

Swallowing Mouthwash?
Is it bad to swallow a little bit of mouthwash? I swooshed my mouth with some, and then i swallowed it bc there was no where to spit it out, and my friend told me i wasnt supposed to.. is it bad for ...

Would you feel disgusted if I tell you that I want to be a dentist?
I am a female for your information and I want to be a dentist but many people are so disgusted when someone tell them that he/she wants to be a dentist because he/she has to see 'nasty' ...

On Sunday, when I was brushing my teeth, I noticed blood everywhere?
I wasn't brushing too hard, so I don't understand.

Also, I brush my teeth EVERY Sunday, whether I need to or not!

What is going on?...

My 17 year old son has a broken jaw he is starving hungry any suggestions on what to eat?

What is best medicine to cure bad smell in mouth?

Is it bad to eat your boogers?
Eek! Somebody I know does!...

Im getting braces?
Is getting braces painful or just uncomfortable?
I'm getting them a week from tommorow.
I'm getting examined tommorow.
What should I do?...

I am getting braces thursday any advice ?
I got my spacers put on friday and this coming thursday i am getting my braces.Could anyone give me any helpful advice?...

I don't brush my teeth?
Is there a problem with that? Just because I refuse to become a sheep and follow the rest of society I'm suddenly "icky" and "eww". Make your own choices. Make your own lives!...

Any ideas about this toothache?
This one is strange.

I have toothache that only comes on at night (after 11pm) its gone by morning and throughout the rest of the day. Its not in just one tooth, but all the teeth on my ...

I have gaps in my teeth it so anoying ??
iam 15 and i wont a nile smile but i have gaps in my little gaps in my teeth .my mum and dentist say there lovely as there all equaly spased but i just hate themmmm.what can i do to close it up .?...

Is it a good or bad sign if my teath bleed when I brush them?
Well, they don't usually bleed, but some people tell me it's good and some say it's bad. I want to see what the majority thinks.
Additional Details

Does It hurt to get your tooth pulled out?
I am soooo scared! But I have to get it pulled out in order to get my braces on and I am so scared because it is really "in there"!!!...

When you get your braces off...?
I just got my braces off yesterday but just on the bottom,
I still have awhile on my tops which is perfectly fine,
anywho.
Do your teeth move when they take them off?
and will ...

xyouenvymex
When can i smoke- i just had my tooth extracted?
my friend had her tooth pulled out today at around 1pm. she really wants a cigarette is it ok to smoke today? or should she wait a day or 2?

?Master
Rating
Are you really that hooked, use the shame you should be feeling for having asked, to give up You sad addict.

Nick D
Ideally, she should never smoke again.

She will die in a most horrific way if she continues.

LeeRoy88
Rating
OMG its a sign!!! tell her that she cant smoke again
=)

hoover phonic
Smoking will give her mouth cancer and then she'll be dead. Way to go.

yogi bear
Rating
smoke now, shes dead anyway if she continues,

paul m
Rating
give up smoking all together, it's a "DIRTY HABIT"

golden
more room in the ashtray nice one

Chz Burger Cat
why not take this time to quit for good? Smoking is dumb-

dels replies
Be sensible Give it up altogether

meemah70
Rating
Ask your friend this question.
"If you had an open wound on your hand would you stick it into boiling water?"
That is basically what you're doing when you take smoke into your mouth. The temp of the smoke is probably over 200 degrees F. It burns the oral tissues. You have an open wound after the extractions. Do you want to burn these wounds and do even more tissue damage?
Tell your friend not to be a dummy. Cigarettes cause mouth cancer from the constant tissue irritation (burning). Better to take the money they cost and use it to light a memorial candle.
If she has to smoke she should wait at least two - three days to allow the start of healing.

Hope P
Rating
they say no smoking or drinking from a straw to keep from getting dry socket, which can be painful. but people do smoke within the 24 hrs i was witness to them just wetting mouth and not inhaling hard

ROBIN HOOD
Wait at least 2 days

Ariana
Rating
She shouldn't smoke until her gum starts healing. Or she could end up with a painful condition called dry socket.

ChocLover
You should wait 24 hours

bostonsportsfan
Rating
When I have had tooth pulled, my dentist has recommend me not smoking for at least a week, due to the fact that you could experience a dry socket which is by far more painful then getting a tooth pulled.

IKNOWTHAT
Rating
No. Have her wait 24-48 hours. 24 is ok. It is not the smoke that bothers it, it is the drawing action of the cig. You see you want a blood clot to form in that space. The drawing action of smoking, suction through a straw, forceful spitting, or forceful swishing can disrupt that blood clot or pull it out all together. With out that clot in place you can get a dry sockett which is rather painful. Some people smoke and dont ever get one. Some smoke and get one. So its her choice. But it hurts "per patients painful moans".

Mark S
Rating
DO NOT SMOKE AFTER YOU HAVE HAD A TOOTH EXTRACTED.
I had mine out then smoked and the bone in my mouth got infected this was from smoking.
Please tell your friend no smoking for a few days as this can cause servere pain.

LYNNSGARETHS
Rating
you should wait for 24 hours our you could risk having dry socket which is more painfull than toothache.

mrbatfink
I smoked on the way back from dentist, its hard to do with a numb lip.

You should wait 24 hours though or you could risk infection.

momma` nini
Rating
you should at least wait about a day and half .. ive had some teeth pulled and made the mistake to smoke right after and it hurts really bad and started to bleed.

Treya
Definatly wait a day or two you don't want any infection

Gary K
Rating
Wait until dinnertime tomorrow, longer if it was a bigger tooth (larger wound to heal)

Besides, trying to smoke when the your mouth is all swollen is no fun, with the dribbling & inability to hold it between the lips probably :-P

Ignore the "quit-smoking" brigade, you asked for advice, not a lecture!

scott
Rating
When you can hold it your mouth without dribbling lol - sorry, had to say that. I would make sure the anaesthetic had worn off and if you still have a plug over the 'hole' it should be OK - otherwise wait 24 hours.

theresa_uop
Rating
I smoked not too long after i got all 4 wisdom teeth pulled (like within a few hours lol). But that was me I probably wouldn't suggest that. I'd wait like 24 hours, but as a fellow smoker I know how HARD that can be.

If you can't make it smoke a few drags then rinse rinse rinse real good after wards. I didn't have any problems but that doesn't mean someone else won't.

Blazed-n-Confused
Anytime I got a toth pulled, they tell me NO SMOKING for 2-3 days....as soon as I left to DR's I was smoking. But I'm not saying because I did it, Nothing will happen to you. I never got dry socket. But you can get it. If you do smoke, just keep changing your gauze after every cig. just to make sure your keeping it clean, and rinse with salt water as well. Good luck!

Ruby
Do you realize just how gross and unattractive smoking is?

Beautiful girls should never smoke it causes wrinkles, yellow teeth and offensive odor.

Do you live in a trailer by chance?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, July 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy