Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Mouth Ulcers, what causes them and how do you get rid of them?

Which mouthwash color is more effective: blue or yellow/orange?

I WAnt to get some braces to make my teeth prettier..does it hurt!?!!?
iwant to get my teeth some braces becit is not aligned ryt..but do they put some holes on your teeth or some silly things???does it hurt..and will it bring a better SMLE??i hope so00..plssanswers..my ...

Please Help Me?
The past few months after I just moved out of my parents house my teeth have chipped. First was one small one in the front and today one of my lateral incisers chipped. It chipped when I bit down on ...

Advice on getting braces?
I'm getting braces this summer and I need some advice and information...like color choosing....How bad it hurts...How they are put on...etc. Anything you can think of!...

Do braces???...?
ok well this friday i am getting braces... do they hurt?? and do they scratch your mouth?? how do i prevent that form happening?? Also what kind of colors do they have??...

Is it ok to whiten teeth with strawberries?!?
I heard that you can use strawberries to whiten your teeth, but the acid can also damage them...does brushing afterwards compensate for this?...

Really worried about my Mom???
My Mom has to go in to the dentist tomorrow for what she thinks is an abcess on her tooth. I am really worried about her. She is in much pain and I'm at my dad's house right now and don'...

How do I get rid of cold sores and blisters because I've tried everything and nothing seems to work?

How painful is a root canal and how long does it hurt for afterwards?

Why is toothpaste generally mint flavoured?
Is there a medical reason for this or does it just taste fresh?...

The best or cheapest way to fill a gap from a missing tooth ?

I am a full time uni student aged 20 livin on my own, am i entilited to get dental treatment on the nhs.?

What o you do first? brushing your teeth or flossing?

600 mg of Ibuprofren.. is this dangerous to take every 6 hrs?
Hi, Im having some extreme wisdom tooth pain.. Im due to have it extracted next week of thursday..
my question is ; Is it dangerous to take ibuprofren 600mg every 6 hrs?
this is what I ...

What will u do if u know u will die tomorrow?

What is better?
what makes more money a nurse or dentist?...

Hot pink and black braces?
im havivg braces on soon carnt wait but will hot pink and black look good for a teen with brown hair and brown eyes !...

How come one of my teeth is dark?
my 2 front teeth, one of them is normal and the other one is dark....like the whole teeth looks shaded....it dont ...

Will a Retainer Straighten My Teeth?
I am the age of 29, and I am trying to get a better smile, but I hate that one of my front teeth overlap the other by a little bit. I was wondering if I could wear a retainer instead of braces to ...

Jen
When a cavity hurts?
By the time a cavity is causing toothache, how likely is it that you will just need a simple filling rather than anything more complicated like root canal therapy?
Additional Details
I think the damage to the tooth is probably fairly extensive unfortunately.....it's been there a while and I've been putting it off because I hate going to the dentist. I can see the cavity, it's on the top of the tooth, and it's about this size: O and brownish. It used to be just sensitive to sweet things, then hot and cold, and it's got a lot worse over the past couple of days. If i stick a toothpick into the cavity it REALLY hurts.....does that mean I'm hitting the nerve? And in that case does it mean I'll need a root canal?

dumbunny33
If there is just pain when you put hot/cold things on it it ususally is just a filling. If you have deep pain and aching any other time you could be getting an absess or infection and then it will usually require antibiotic therapy and a root canal. (Expensive) The sooner you get it treated the better chances of avoiding a root canal. If bacteria gets into the open space it can set up a dangerous infection.

kim_benny
Rating
this depends on the damage to the tooth if its just chipped you should get away with a filling
if its rotten and not one of your front teeth you may as well have it out but check with your dentist front teeth can be repaired by a cap but wow is it expensive

Sir Chyver
Rating
It may be causing pain due to reaching your roots.You can numb it with cocaine,or visit your dentist.

hmmfunny
If the tooth is already hurting then, more than likely it will have to have a root canal, or be pulled. The nerve has been effected once the pain starts, and a filling is preventive measures for that.

It's me
Rating
You probably have an infection by now. You will have to take antibiotics and then they will be able to fill it if they can get rid of the infection.

aprilchick70
Well when ever i get a cavity, they have just drilled it out and filled it. But i think it just depends on how bad the damage is on what the dentist does.

certifiedtarotmaster
Yes, unfortunately, if it hurts that much you are probably going to be asked to either have it pulled or will be given a root canal.

Once upon a time dentists would have put a dab of something on it and filled it for you. I had that done three times. Now they all say root canal. Perhaps they've learned something new in the past twenty years and know a root canal is necessary ....... or they've learned root canals pay better. Who knows? The last two times I was in your shoes it was root canal or pulled according to the dentist.

Good luck, friend!

Cherriest
A tooth being sensitive from time-to-time to things such as sweets and cold is generally a good indication that you have a cavity and at that point a filling can probably take care of the problem. However, if it is to the point where you are experiencing pain all the time then it's probable you are going to need a root canal and crown. Of course, the only way to know for sure is to get in to see the dentist so he or she can take an xray to determine of the decay has actually reached the nerve of the tooth. If it is indeed infected then the dentist will prescribe you an antibiotic to take to clear the infection. Please make sure to get in to see you dentist as soon as possible. Infection in an untreated tooth can spread to other areas of the body and cause further problems.

theroyalpaine
Rating
I get a lot of cavities. Mine always hurt me...that's usually how I notice they are there. I have never had to have a root canal. My dentist has told me before that had I waited longer, I would have had to have one. So, I assume it depends on how long you wait to have it filled.

cremedelacreme04
Rating
I'd see your dentist. The longer you leave it, the more money it will cost.

Ann Toozie
It depends on how extensive the damage is. But chances are good that you may need root canal therapy. (It isn't bad. I've had them... even have watched with a mirror.) If you're really scared, go to a dentist that specializes in patients who are fearful. You can get tranquilizers, gas, or other treatments that make the treatment almost painless. The longer you let it go, the more involved the treatment. If the tooth gets to the point where it has to be pulled, then you have to get a bridge to fill the gap so your other teeth won't move around. So that's even more work.

Really, the best thing is to get it taken care of right away. Get it checked first. The dentist probably won't do the work during that first visit, anyway. But at least you will find out what you are up against.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy