Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

How come even when I brush my teeth are still yellow?
Even when I've brushed 2 times a day like my dentist told me They're not white their still yellow! I even bought the whitening tooth paste it worked for a little while but I only see some ...

Tongue piercing?
whats it like to have a tounge piercing? how long will it heal and how long till the swelling goes down? what are the risks etc. cos im getting mine done soon......

What happens if yu smoke weed 12 hours after getting your wisdom teeth pulled out?
??...

Where can i get gold teeth?
Im after two removable gold teeth or caps and I wasnt sure where i could get them. Any ideas?...

Help I have a really bad/good gag reflex any ideas how not to embarrass myself at the dentists?

What is the best/strongest pain killer for wisdom teeth extractions?

How many times a day do you brush your teeth?
on average 2 for me but because i have braces usually 3. yesterday i did 4 times tho. i like feeling clean =)...

I broke my false teeth in half can i put them back myself?

How much do braces cost??????
Please help me!!...

My teeth are yellow how do i get them back white?? please no mean comments?

Mints or gum?
which do you like ...

I need a dentist to pull 3 very very loose teeth that are killing me i have only 25.00 dollars right now will?

I have constant tooth aches on the same tooth but i only get them on that tooth bout once a month?
ok so on mi back tooth and the one right under it sometimes i get these horrible aches on it, it barely ever happends but why does it hurt so bad when it does happen and why does it happrn?...

Toothache - URGENT?
Ive got a toothache from hell. It can start raging without any notice, one second its not there and the next, it is. It can then totally dissapear with no obvious reason, then re-appear. The pain is ...

I got a hell of a toothache, need advice?
how much alcohol do i need to consume before
i can pull it out with pliers, i cant take the pain
anymore, ta
Additional Details
HAVEN, the dentist is closed until
monday, ...

There is something coming out of my gums?
there is this green smelly stuff coming out of my friends gum. what is this?...

I have to get braces next week and i am scared it will hurt, does it really hurt please be honest!!!?
okay i jst came from the orthadonist and they made me a oppment for brades and i am 13 going to be 14 next month but i am really realy scared and my best friends has braces and she said they dont ...

Has anyone ever accidentally swallowed Listerine?
And if so what happens if you were to accidently swallow it?...

How do you stop gums from recceeding?

Additional Details
I thought you were supposed to brush your ...

How do I take off my own braces?
I'm 20 years old, but when I got my braces put on 6 years ago, I was living with my parents and had insurance to pay for it. now, thanks to the wonderful healthcare system in the US, I still ...

mlc85
What is this bone coming out of my gums?
I just got my wisdom teeth pulled a few weeks ago, and I recently noticied a small sharp bump on my upper left area. It feels hard, and like a tooth, but it is still in the gum. My right side doesn't have it at all. Does anyone have any idea what this is?

I called my doctor and he said it was something like a bone splinter. Should i take this out or just let it sit?

starrwoode
Rating
it is a bone splinter they often have to break your jaw bones in places to get the wisdom teeth out, yes pull it out, or the stuipd doctor should have offered to do that for you,

Justsyd
It is a splinter. That's normal. If you can't pull it out the dentist can.

aviolentremedy
Rating
You should let a professional do it. It may be deep or you may cut yourself.

lalie
i dont suggest doing anything wierd with your gums or teeth after they just got out of surgery. your gums are super sensitive to bacteria and prone to infections afterwards. dont do anything yourself or you could complicate things a lot and be in a world of pain. talk to your doctor. if they already know and didnt suggest you take further action its probably nothing that wont heal up on its own. if it continues to bother you maybe they need to take a look at it. but dont do anythign yourself!!

mka1369
Rating
It's a left over fragment, it is normal, I pulled out mine.

chuckufarley2a
If it's loose and you can just pull it out, do so, otherwise, leave it and it will come out by itself.

Ga_Christie_04
It is more then likely a bone splinter and will come out on its own.

I've had them before when I've had extractions done.

I've always worked them loose with my tongue and no problems.

MyDreams2Be
Rating
It's either a bone splinter, or a peice of hardend cartlidge, it's perfectly normal to get them..they tend to work themselves loose and dissapear in a matter of weeks, don't worry about it...unless it bleeds or becomes infected it's no big

glendonite
i had one of those when i had my wisdom teeth out...it was a bone/tooth shard. it worked its way out of the gum on its own, but when it started breaking thru further, i kinda helped it out with the tooth brush and scraping at it. i'm not one who can just leave things sit....

yuriko_kins
uhm go back to the dentist to check it out!!

Sam
If it's a small bone splinter, which is common, it will probably just come out like a splinter. If you have the nerve to try, you can grab it with something and see if it comes out easily. If it doesn't want to cooperate and it's still bothering you, it is generally easy for the dentist to remove these splinters.

Worst case.... It might be the edge of the socket that would have to be reduced surgically in order for your mouth to heal. If this is what's wrong, you won't be able to wiggle or even budge it if you try to remove it.

If you can't get it out yourself, go see the dentist.

sarah
mine done the same thing sometimes when extracting teeth little pieces are left and they work there way out. they should come out on there own i wouldn't pull it out . it might make it sorer. mine just came out by its self.

Lala
Rating
i think you should get a second opion from another professional

clutchconway55@sbcglobal.net
YOU PAYED YOUR DENTEST TO REMOVE YOUR WISDOM TEETH GO BACK AND HAVE THE SPLINTER REMOVED AND DON'T PAY EATHER TELL YOU WANT IT DON'T AS SOON AS POSSIABLE BECAUSE IT VERY PAINFULL TO YOUR GUMS

+++++ SPOOK ++++
I DON"T KNOW!!

Jimmy Pete
It's probably a tooth!! I had a friend that had a tooth sprout out of the roof of his mouth when he was about 30 years old and had to have it surgically removed so it is very possible that it is a tooth coming out from your gum area! You better go get an x-ray to ascertain with a degree of certainty what the cause is! Good luck!

greg_spears
I have that on my upper right area...just opposite yours but like yours, under the gum and just adjacent to where the wisdom tooth was. Had my wisdom teeth pulled MANY years ago...yup, most likely from that extraction.

It worried me when I first noticed it. I thought, what the hey is this? Tooth growing out the side or something?!!

But the human body is a remarkable piece of engineering. This is one thing that I just decided to live with. So far, so good.

Just try not to irritate it by touching, poking scratching, etc...

You can get an X-ray or ask your doctor, sure. But I'm glad you're doing a little research on your own and asking some q's b4 you shell out $. Too many people just do whatever doc recommends, no thinking, no research. And they pay ... sometimes more than just $.

Oh...finally...I should mentioned I don't have any pain there. If you're having pain, then disregard all my notes!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy