Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

I am terrified of the dentist and need my wisdom teeth pulled. How bad does it really hurt?

Given the choice, what would you do?
my dentist has offered me two options, get my tooth out, or get root canal treatment. Its a back molar and I don't know whether to just go for it and get it pulled out or give the root canal ...

Bracesss..?
ok im gettinf braces in feb. nd i wanted to know the process..not in like 5 paragraphs...just a brief process of it. and how does it make your eatin habits different? when can you chew gum? how do i ...

How do you get rid of bad breathe?
I would like to know how to get rid of bad breathe because someone that I really care about suffers from it....

Do wisdom teeth coming in means you're getting smarter?

What is it like having your wisdom teeth removed?
I've been having problems with my wisdom teeth for some time and over the weekend I have developed a bad infection along with a very swollen face. I'm going to ask my dentist if I can have ...

OO my God, I need some real answers please?
I have to have a tooth pulled and i dont know what is to be done. al i know is that i am terrified!!! i know that i have to get a needle in my mouth, can someone please explain what is to be done and ...

Help! I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed?
Alright so I know that the pain after getting your wisdom teeth removed is "different for everybody", but I have this theory that mine won't be very bad simply because all of my wisdom ...

My gums have been bleeding when i brush my teeth, this has been happening for about 2 weeks, what do i do?
Its only when i brush my teeth, i'm 13 and i have braces, please help!!!!!!!!...

Hello is there any sort of calpol or some thing like that what can help me with tooth ache?
any thing but tablets i car'nt take tablets every time i put it on my tongue i'm nearly sick so i just take it ...

Do braces hurt when they put them on u?

How many times do you brush your teeth in one day? ♥?

Could i use ?
cillit bang to whiten my teeth ? afterall theyre enamel and so is my bath
Additional Details
sun m - im from the uk , its a product ...

Breath problems!?
i have bad breath and need help getting rid of it. i brush my teeth every morning floss and and listerine and at night i use act. i brush my toung and also go to the dentist every 6 months to get my ...

Who uses mouthwash as part of their oral hygiene?
I don't really use it, but I floss and brush 2x daily, but which one is better, Listerine or Crest Pro-Health Rinse?...

What can I eat and cant eat when I have braces?
I just recently got braces yesterday. My teeth are very sore ! Is there anything i can eat without damaging my braces? And what should I avoid?? Because right now its like a have a hug strip of metal ...

What is the best treament for a seven month old baby that is teething really bad and cant sleep?

How often should i brush my teeth,currently i`m doing it once a week, is that sufficient?

What is the best toothbrush I can buy for $500?
my papa gave me five hundred dollars to buy a tooth-brush. can you tell me what is the best tooth brush I can buy with just this little amount of money?? thank ...

Can anyone tell me the best way to stop my false teeth falling out?
I was having tea with the local vicar the other day. I took a bite of my cucumber sandwich ( cut into triangles with the crust cut off) and my teeth fell out. Oh! The shame i did'nt know where ...

artfrenzy_101
What is the best way to cure a tooth ache?

CC
THE BEST WAY TO CURE A TOOTH ACHE FROM MY EXPERIENCE IS TAKING A TYLENOL AND RUBBING IT DIRECTLY ON TO THE AFFECTED AREA OF PAIN, ALONG WITH TAKING THE PILL AND MEDITATION WORKS AS WELL. IT WORKS FOR ME AND I HOPE IT'S EFFECTIVE FOR YOU!

rani
Rating
use 1-Orajel Toothache Pain Relief, Maximum Strength Gel 0.33 oz (9.4 g)
or 2- home remedy clove oil put a swab of clove oil 4 some time in ur tooth or simply give massage
3- avoid harsh brushing
4- brush twice a day
5-take citrous fruits more

The young Merlin
Go to your Dentist and he'll know the way. For the meantime you can use the dental floss and tooth brushing after(it is normal to see your gums bleeding). Use it to clean thoroughly you teeth, so the reproduction of any bacteria will be minimal, because you removed some food remains in between your teeth, then put into a cotton a little drop of toothache solution and let it touch the aching tooth. That will for sure temporarily relieve the pain, before your appointment to your Dentist. (Remember this, do not allow your Dentist to extract your tooth, let him save it, you will regret it after. If your Doctor cannot save it, find another with the prosthesis background).

Special K
Have the tooth removed from your head.

minootoo
Rating
You need to see a dentist and get an evaluation.

Some people have sensitive teeth. There are tooth paste for that.
Go to a pharmacy and ask for tooth paste for sensitive tooth.

If it is a cavity it can be filled . Some cavity is obvious, you can find it.

If it is a loose tooth there are methods to stabilise the tooth. A metal post is used. This is the most obviouscondition.

mba_sar
Rating
Brush

jury1404
A little dab of 'clove oil', make sure it is a little dab though, it numbs the gum, and nerve depending what has happened to your tooth.

Please see your dentist as soon as you can.
Cloves have been used through out history as a cure for tooth aches. It probably shouldn't be used for an extended period of time, but it will allow you to get some sleep if it is really paining you.

And for goodness sake dont drink it.

k_ richey
Rating
definitely whiskey!

anne2
Rating
I don't know about you, but the best way I found out how to cure a toothache was PUT SOME ICE ON IT

jaxkipiluvsponch
Rating
OUCH. Those hurt. You should go to your dentist because it could be an array of different things. You don't want to get an infection. Did you know that they have linked dental issues with cardiovascular disease? Knowing that, it would be good to take good care of your teeth.

jamesanderson22
Rating
Take a couple of aspirins or a pain killer your not allergic to, and put ice on your face,closets to the tooth that aches. Make an appointment to see a dentist (ASAP).

Student
Please see a dentist ASAP...for me the pain is severe at night..I try brushing regularly, using ORAGEL (extra strength) and taken extra strength tylenol

fellow
Rating
Dear,many advice has been giving see a Dentist before is too late because it can affact the rest and it causes a lot of pain.But pain medicine can only work for some mintues.Taken very good care of your teeth can help out by brushing daily atlest Morning and before going to bed.Aviod eating too much of sugar(sweet).Good luck !

Crish
Rating
Use clove oil for best and instant results. This is a sort of ayurvedic treatment, therefore no side effects.

Dr. Joe
Ibuprofen or paracetamol

india_hell_boy_16
go to the dentist orelse just take some clove and press it down or just chew it. My granmas technique sure to work try it

b_slap99
see a dentist

monalisa
I think there is something called Bonjela. It is also used when babies are teething. Glove is also good. But you should go to the dentist soon. Hope you feel better!

j1a2il
You could use clove oil or over the counter pain meds to help ease the discomfort, but if you have an infection of some sort, you will need antibiotics. Best thing to do is to see a dentist asap.

swampylagoon
Tie string round tooth, tie other end of string to door, slam door. or you smash your finger with a hammer, finger will know hurt toothache gone

Mary Smith
Rating
Apart from going to the dentist, try putting a whole clove on the tooth that aches, it tends to numb the area

~uruviel~
Rating
I had a bad tooth ache. Aspro clear worked for me. Except you should probably see a dentist if its too bad, or reoccurs some time later - even a month.

I had to have mine pulled out. It was at the back, no fear. :)

anyway my answer is "Aspro clear" or asprin I guess - but no overdosing. :)

lara
Rating
a dentist before is too late to save the tooth

Just_gone
Rating
Tooth extraction, it is probably infected.

zuj
You're at home? Not able to get to dentist?? Then cloves or a swig of whisky.
Nothing like tooth pain - it's horrendous.
hope you feel better soon.

chrissy
Rating
go to the dentist, take an aspirin, Tylenol, or something.

*live,laugh,love*
drinking water

Gem
Rating
I hate the dentist. Hate him, hate him, hate him.

Many years ago I discovered a way to keep my mouth VERY healthy, my teeth very white and it gets rid of toothaches within a day or so.

Floss around the hurting tooth/teeth, odds are you have food caught near a cavity and it is irritating it. Then take some baking soda, mix hydrogen peroxide with it and brush your entire mouth thoroughly. Try to keep the bs/hp solution away from your tongue, it tastes horrible. But it works great.

Brush with the solution after everytime you eat until the pain is gone, then once a day, or everyother for maintenance.

And if it hurts, it means your nerves are exposed, you probably should see a dentist.

Good Luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, June 11, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy