Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Is my dentist allowed to be rude to me ...?
the last time i took my daughter i got verbal abuse , he said i ought to be ashamed of myself and that i was a bad mother etc , could i have reported him etc , my daughter needed a filling yes but i ...

Im getting braces soon? what color should i get? is it gonna be painfull?
yea im realy nervous i wont look right with them.. my teeth are not crroked at all.. like i dont even know why i gotta get emm. im getting them on august 5. thats like 9 days away. pleaseee give me ...

Why don't people in the U.K take care of their teeth like in the United States?
Or maybe its just a stupid stereotype......

Why should we brush teeth in the morning?
i understand that we should brush teeth everytime after we eat, so the food won't be left on the teeth, but why do we have to do it in the morning? we don't eat at ...

I am terrified of the dentist and need my wisdom teeth pulled. How bad does it really hurt?

Given the choice, what would you do?
my dentist has offered me two options, get my tooth out, or get root canal treatment. Its a back molar and I don't know whether to just go for it and get it pulled out or give the root canal ...

Bracesss..?
ok im gettinf braces in feb. nd i wanted to know the process..not in like 5 paragraphs...just a brief process of it. and how does it make your eatin habits different? when can you chew gum? how do i ...

How do you get rid of bad breathe?
I would like to know how to get rid of bad breathe because someone that I really care about suffers from it....

Do wisdom teeth coming in means you're getting smarter?

What is it like having your wisdom teeth removed?
I've been having problems with my wisdom teeth for some time and over the weekend I have developed a bad infection along with a very swollen face. I'm going to ask my dentist if I can have ...

OO my God, I need some real answers please?
I have to have a tooth pulled and i dont know what is to be done. al i know is that i am terrified!!! i know that i have to get a needle in my mouth, can someone please explain what is to be done and ...

Help! I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed?
Alright so I know that the pain after getting your wisdom teeth removed is "different for everybody", but I have this theory that mine won't be very bad simply because all of my wisdom ...

My gums have been bleeding when i brush my teeth, this has been happening for about 2 weeks, what do i do?
Its only when i brush my teeth, i'm 13 and i have braces, please help!!!!!!!!...

Hello is there any sort of calpol or some thing like that what can help me with tooth ache?
any thing but tablets i car'nt take tablets every time i put it on my tongue i'm nearly sick so i just take it ...

Do braces hurt when they put them on u?

How many times do you brush your teeth in one day? ♥?

Could i use ?
cillit bang to whiten my teeth ? afterall theyre enamel and so is my bath
Additional Details
sun m - im from the uk , its a product ...

Breath problems!?
i have bad breath and need help getting rid of it. i brush my teeth every morning floss and and listerine and at night i use act. i brush my toung and also go to the dentist every 6 months to get my ...

Who uses mouthwash as part of their oral hygiene?
I don't really use it, but I floss and brush 2x daily, but which one is better, Listerine or Crest Pro-Health Rinse?...

What can I eat and cant eat when I have braces?
I just recently got braces yesterday. My teeth are very sore ! Is there anything i can eat without damaging my braces? And what should I avoid?? Because right now its like a have a hug strip of metal ...

djacukowicz
What hurts more? A tattoo or a cavity filling?
I am going to be having a couple cavities filled in two different appointments and I'm very nervous. I was wondering how much the novocaine shot hurts. I was always told this is the worst step and I hate needles. Regardless of this I have sat through 30 minutes of a tattoo. I wanted something to gauge this new experience against. I did not feel much pain with the tattoo, but some doctor given injections cause me pain.

Sky Flying Gorgon Witch
Wouldn't know because I've never had either!

sweetlady1
cavity filling

Sara G
holy crap it has got to be cavity filling!!!! i have 7 tattoos and only 2 of them hurt but i just had cavities filled in october and crap that is like no other pain! depending on the dentist :)

hawkinthehouse
Cavity filling is far worse. A tattoo doesn't hurt that much unless you get it some place stupid like your lips or back of the leg.

MiMi Sugar
Rating
I will get a tatoo any day to a dentist!!! But you can't go by me cause I have a dental phobia!!The injection itself is a pinch and then nothing. I just can't stand the drilling. sorry wish I could be helpfull

angel
A tattoo hurts a hell of alot more. The dentist will give you something for pain, and the tattoo artist won't. They can give you gas to relieve the pain. Call your dentist before your appointment, and explain your extreme fear of needles - leaving out the tattoo story of course. More than likely the dentist will prescribe a valium pill for you to take right before you you in, and once you have that, you won't feel a damn thing.

Shaz
The needle hurts the most with the shot given for numbing the mouth, after that you will not feel a thing, just close you eyes when they go to do it.
Neither hurt that much!

lahdeia
Most dentists will ususally numb the area first. And if you sat through getting a tatoo, u can handle anything.

telulah
Rating
I hate needles!! But tattoos hurt much worse!!

Amanda:)
a tattoo

jmoyz28
Rating
If you can sit through a tat, then you will have no problem. The shots do not really hurt.

You ask, I answer
a tattoo, but I'd rather have one of those any day. i hate dentists.

?
Rating
A tattoo

Sean S
Your filling may hurt more than a tattoo, i have had a root canal, that does hurt, and i have been tattooed on my chest, and that hurt too... but i would say the tattoo on my chest hurt most.

Fl. Guy
I hate fillings, even with pain killers

with a tattoo the skin goes kinda numb after a little bit.
at least on the fleshy parts of the body. anywhere the bone is close to the skin its gonna hurt extra special.

Still hate getting fillings

Kaytee♥
Rating
i think that tatooing would probably hurt the most because you are cutting and injecting a needle in your skin and my little brother got a filling and he was fine. So i'd have to say that tatooing would hurt more than a filling. hope this was helpful!
:-D

sloan.hailey
tat

Truly Amazing
Rating
It's not the cavity filling that hurts. It's the cavity drilling that gets my attention. It only hurts though when the dentist strikes a nerve, but that's only for the hardy souls that don't use pain-killer like me. Can't stand needles.

If you take painkiller, it's no big deal after the first poke. Some dentists and doctors are really skillful with the needle. They start injecting the painkiller AS they're inserting the needle, so it kills the pain as it goes in. Others...

Rudy J
tattoo is worse.
novacaine will suppress all pain

YorkieGirl4ever
Rating
um...... a tatoo. its a needle through ur skin.

Chula
Rating
Tat definitely...best of luck

Lunasea
Rating
I never thought the novocaine shot was a big deal...it was the drilling that about drove me through the roof. Despite the numbing, the drill would still hit some nerves...and the noise factor was difficult to deal with. Some places give you head phones to dampen that out.

But the shot itself was uncomfortable and there was some brief pain...it's that darn teeth grinding and drilling that makes the experience so horrible.

I've never had a tattoo...but it seems more appealing to me than the dentist office.

slothums
The tattoo hurts a little worse, because it takes a while. The novacaine shot, while being the worst part of getting a cavity filling, is really not all that bad.

My experience, the tattoo didn't hurt that bad, but it did take a while so it's ongoing pain for 45 minutes or whatever. With the novacaine, it hurts (a little more than the tattoo) but it's only ten/15 seconds of pain. You'll feel some pressure, some sharpish pain in the spot of the injection, and some warmth, then nothing. The numbness is pretty weird, but also kind of entertaining. :-P

Nothing to worry about really... but you'll see for yourself soon enough.

One thing to consider, and discuss this with your dentist- you don't have to have the novacaine shots. Some dentists don't mess with them because getting the filling doesn't really hurt, but people sometimes complain about the shots.

pandora078
a tattoo is much more painful. getting a filling is more noxious than painful due to the grinding. the dentist will usually apply a topical to the gums before injecting the area with novocaine so that you will not feel the needle. (if your dentist is nice).

aout
Tattoo's hurt a lot worse.

Usually dentists rub a numbing gel where their going to insert the needle. It still hurts a bit, but it's really just like a small sharp pinch. After that, you won't feel anything.

Jennn
Chill chica! The worst part is not when the needle goes in, but the small pinch when the needle comes out. After that, you become Ms. Numb-Numb face and the fillings don't hurt much all. Plus, if you do need more numbness, most dentists give you the option to raise your hand and receive another shot... and at this point, you don't feel a thing. Trust me on this, I just got a tooth yanked today. Sort of like "my dad took me to the dentist and I all I go was a tooth pulled'' experience.

Kay C
I have had a cavity filled and had 2 tattoos. .
Tattoos hurt more.. TRUST ME. you can't even feel the needle.. just close your eyes and you wont feel a thing.

Anniekd
Push your fingernail into your wrist until it hurts. If you're unfortunate, it kind of feels like that. It you have a gentle dentist, you'll barely feel it at all. You can get a tattoo, so this should be no problem at all.

edit: don't listen about the drilling, it only hurts if you aren't numb there. If it hurts, tell them to stop and give you more!!

crownbaby
Oh it's really nothing to worry about. Honestly it's kind of scary, but you literally won't feel a thing. I don't know why, but you can't even tell when the needle goes in. So don't be scared at all and you'll do fine.

gogogadgetlonglegs
Hmm, well I've not had a tattoo done before but I've had a few fillings. The shot hurts for like a second. The fillings were no big deal for me. I think you will be just fine.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, June 11, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy