Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

If you had to get fillings on most of your teeth would it hurt?

Should I be nervous of the Dentist???
I have not been to a dentist in like 8 years. I need my wisdoms pulled. About 5 cavities filled and would like 8 veneers on my top teeth. I'm thinking like 20k in work. I'm not afraid of ...

How Much Do Braces Cost?

Why do some people grid their teeth when they are asleep?
I was just curious as to why people do this and is it a sign of epilepsy or something like that? And how come people who do this dont wake up? i dont have this problem but im curious as to why people ...

Do you wet your toothbrush before putting toothpaste on it?
My girlfriend freaked out when she saw me put toothpaste on my toothbrush without wetting it FIRST. I DO wet it while brushing, just not when I put the paste on....What do you do?...

When brushing your teeth, do use 1) paste 2)gel 3)striped??? I'm taking a poll for my final PHD thesis...

O my gosh, im getting braces and im so scared. Does it hurt getting them put on?

What food and drink is bad for your teeth?
My teeth are yellow and very sensitive. I eat alot of chocolate throughout the day. What is it thats really bad for your teeth and is their any food / drink good for it....

S.O.S - killer toothache! I need prayers.?
I have a killer toothache. My cheek is swollen. What can i do to relieve pain and the swollen cheeks? I have tried ibrufin, paracitamol, clover oil, warm water+salt, rubbing ice on hand - all with ...

Help me with my breath problem please?
I have a problem with my breath for instience i use mouthwash every morning and before bed with flossing and when i go out i use gum or tic tac but when i eat tic tac my breath stills stinks ( like i ...

Any alternatives to toothpaste?

How much do braces Cost?
How much do braces cost in Toronto Ontario??...

Whats a good kind of chewing tobacco?

Is it normal for a 13 year old to have cavities?
I just wanted to know if it is normal for a 13 year old to have cavities in her teeth? Because I had a sore tooth and I told my mum and she looked and said it looks like I have cavities in 3 of my ...

Do you like my new watch?

Why does our mouth burn while gargling mouthwash?
whenever I use Listerine after brushing my mouth burns for some time, why is that?...

Has anyone seen?
my teeth?...

I just got braces... questions?
so i just got braces today, and basically my family has medi-cal so the area where i got fillings and braces isn't that great. They gave me a choice between three color braces: gold, clear, ...

How do you think people will react to my braces when I go to school?
do you think people will be shocked or be happy by the new me?please answer!...

Have u ever biten your dentist fingers?

Additional Details
i no i ...

labellla90
What happens if you don't floss regularly?

April TX
Peria-dental disease and it is horrible!

smarterdude
You never remove plaque from the spaces between your teeth. Your breath won't be all the fresh that it could be.

Beeb
gingivitis, your gums bleed alot, and your gums become very sensitive when your eating n stuff

jessiebellduncan
Rating
Not only will you get plaque build up, but you will also get some sort of solid build up that looks like splinters when you have a thorough teeth cleaning. I brush my teeth twice a day but hardly ever floss and I thought I was going to faint when my dental hygeinist told me about this.

emilyyyyyyyxD
I didn't really start flossing regularly until I got my braces off which is about 13 years old? If you're lucky you probably won't get cavities, but dentists will probably kill me for saying that since all dentists STRESS flossing. If you have braces definitely do it. Worst case scenario: cavities

Lena
Nothing, I don't do it and my dentist says that I have perfect teeth!

rebecca
you get teeth/gum problems...

soccer cutie!!!
Rating
I think that the only thing that will happen to you is you will get plack.I think all you have todo to get rid of it is to brush really well (and get ack to flossing)

ShortyDH
hohnancy gave a good description of what would happen. Your teeth and gums are just like the rest of your body and need to be kept free from infection. If you do not floss, plaque will build up in between your teeth and under your gums. Plaque is loaded with bacteria and cannot be removed simply by rinsing. Plaque left on your teeth for 48 hours eventually hardens and forms calculus. Once plaque turns into calculus (tartar), it cannot be removed by brushing or flossing, it must be removed by your hygienist or dentist. Calculus is rough and bacteria adhere to it very easily. The bacteria irritate the gums causing gingivitis. If gingivitis is not treated, it leads to periodontitis, which is when the bacteria have migrated into the gums and begin to deteriorate the supporting bone that holds in your teeth. Once you start losing this bone, your teeth will become loose and eventually fall out.

How do you know if you have gingivitis? Your gums are red, swollen, and/or they bleed. If your gums bleed when you floss or brush, you have gingivitis, and are one step closer to losing your teeth. Healthy gums do not bleed. If any other part of your body bled with very little stimulation, such as brushing, you would be concerned. As you should be if your gums are bleeding.

Flossing may seem like a hassle now, but it is worth it in the end. Buying floss for the rest of your life is a whole lot cheaper than extractions, fillings, or periodontal surgery.

brookem91
Rating
well it makes ur teeth bleed like alot when you go to the dentist and the dentist guy will tell you to floss more.

bro_doogle
Your teeth will fall out.

Curiousity
I dont floss but my teeth but mine are really nice: White and straight and clean. As long as you brush good 3 times a day then i dont think u have nething to worry about. I think flossing is jsut a better to get rid of the plaque etc. Hope that helpS! ~GOD BLESS!~

idontkno
Rating
you have bad teeth

Brandon Stewart
Rating
GINGAVITISSSSSSS

bettiegrl
Rating
Plaque. Bad breath. Cavities. Tooth loss. Periodontal disease.

Jen
Rating
You get cavities in between your teeth.

knitting_fiend
Rating
More plaque will build up on your teeth, especially between your teeth. Plaque can lead to cavities and gingivitis.

sheelah_n
Rating
you get nasty stuff caked in between your teeth, and if it goes uncheck for a while, will cause gum disease.

Annika
ur teeth get all nasty

hohnancy
What happens if you don't floss? If you do not floss and allow plaque to remain in between teeth it eventually hardens into a substance known as tartar. Unlike plaque which can be easily removed by brushing, tartar can only be removed by your dentist.

Over time, levels of more dangerous types of bacteria build up within tartar. Mean and vengeful, these bacteria produce toxins which irritate and inflame the gums. This condition is known as gingivitis. If gingivitis is left untreated it can progress to periodontal disease - a condition where bacteria and their toxins invade not only the gums but also the bones and the structures supporting the teeth. This can lead to bone loss, loose teeth, and teeth which fall out.

We recommend Glide or any other coated dental floss because they slide easily between teeth. However, any floss that you can get between your teeth and which does not fray or break easily is good.

Alternatively, if you don't like using dental floss, consider an interdental cleaner (electric flosser) which makes flossing easy and convenient.

If you haven't flossed in a while, you may see a little red tinge of blood on the floss after you use it. This indicates that your gums are slightly inflamed and vastly in need of flossing to remove bacteria. With a regular regimen of flossing this red tinge should go away.

cdf-rom
Cavities between the teeth or under the fillings, where they are almost impossible to fix, resulting in painful extractions, or painful AND expensive root canals/ bridgework.

worldtraveler
Rating
Potentially you could lose your teeth, develop a bad bacterial infection and die! Of course, that's worst case scenario.

Best bet is simply to practice good hygiene. You'll smell and look better.

BlueBird70
Rating
Eventually your teeth will fall out.

Capt'sWife
Rating
Food and plaque will breed bacteria and lead to gingivitis and gum disease and cavities.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, April 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy