Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

My teeth r so sensitive!?
I just got my braces a couple of week so that may be why but all of a sudden my teeth r really sensitive! Everytime I drink something cold I get these shooting pains in 1 or 2 of my teeth. They ...

What is the best way to stop pain in a tooth i have a hole in ?
Anyone know ?

I can't afford to have it sorted yet so whats the best thing to do ?...

What are your expectations from your dentist ?

Can my doctor prescibe me dental antibiotics?
cos i dont wanna pay £15.50 for a stinking check ...

My friend has breath and i gotta like recommend something for it?
he has already tried gum every morning, minty toothpaste, and mints. are there any suggestions for things to try like home remedies or just like a brand of gum or a special toothpaste?...

I have a small white blisters on my tongue. what is it? How did i get it?
i've been sick this past week so could it be a fever blister?...

Can you eat doritos with braces?

What happened when you had your wisdom teeth removed?
I'm absolutely terrified. Everyone has their stories of pain, bleeding, swelling, infection, all horrible stuff. Was is really horrible for you? Should I have all 4 extracted at once? So far, I&#...

Does getting your wisdom teeth pulled out excrutiatingly painful?
I mean, I know it will be painful, but I want to know exactly how much it will hurt. I've never had surgery before, so what will they do before actual surgery starts. Is there anything I need ...

I have a chipped tooth and I want to fix it. How can I fix it at home and what's the easy way?

I am getting braces and am nervious?
I am getting my braces and am extremely nervious. My sister got them and said they make your mouth sore for like a week. I am scared to death what to I do?...

Why do you get bad breath when you go to sleep?

Gum disease?
My husband has really bad breath almost all the time, his gums bleed when he brushes, he wakes up every morning with reddish-brownish stuff on his teeth and his mouth stinks. His nose is always runny ...

Dose getting braces sting?
i think i have to get them!...

My mom is making me get braces?
My mom is making my sister and I get braces. Anything I should know before I get them???? Do they hurt the first time you put them on???? Can I chew gum???? HELP ME !?!?!?!

Does it hurt ...

I can't decide if I should get clear (not invisalign) or metal braces. im 15! what do you think?

Additional Details
oh yeah, and can you still kiss with braces?...

Where can you get fake grillz?

Tell me what yhyou think of this.... paying $3000 to have 4 yr.olds 7 cavities filled?
This is not me, but someone I know Is going to do this and I think it is ridiculous!! The teeth are going to start falling out in a year anyways, what's the point? And they do not hurt the ...

I'm pregnant and my wisdom teeth are coming in. What are my options?

Bad breath?

mrman121221
What does it feel like to have teeth removed?
Tommorrow I am getting 4 of my 2nd to back teeth out because they don't have adult teeth underneth, then the week after that I'm going to have braces put it. I hate injections so much, and with my 2 fillings I told them to hold the injection. I've seen my sister have teeth taken out before and it looks so..gross.

What does it feel like when the dentist has got your tooth in metal thing and yanking away?

Thanks.

beautifully broken
Rating
I got two teeth pulled as a kid, it wasn't that bad. I had no room in my mouth and needed braces, so they took 2 out. They injected me with anastesia which was in a needle in my gums which stung but that was it. Then my teeth were numb and they just pulled them out. You can feel them being pulled out but doesn't hurt. You bleed a lot and keep cotton in your mouth for a few hours. When the meds wear off it feels sore. Might not be able to eat for a few hours. That's all I remember.

dputig2007
depending on your situation, they give a local anesthetic so that you mouth goes num or if its wisdom teeth, they might put you out for a time. If they are good, there should be minimal pain afterwards.

buggerhead
I didn't feel it due to the shots. Baby teeth don't have the same root make up as perminent teeth. They should be a bit easier to remove but painfull still.I too have had fillings with no shot. Having the teeth pulled was very different then the pain of a filling. If they have to chisel them out you could have mega-pain.

Good luck!

kat
Rating
ive had a few teeth pulled.all except for one time i was put to sleep.for me it was the wait for the novacaine(i hate needles too!!).to my surprise,when the doctor pulled my tooth it didnt hurt a bit(thank god for novacaine!) there was a little pressure when he pulled it but thas it..i had to take pain meds for a coulpa days,it ached a bit..hope this helps,good luck

srbunce
Rating
Well, they numb you up so you can't feel anything, and don't be scared of the needle, because they usually rub this stuff on your gums to numb it up for the needle.
Then when they pull your tooth, you can't really feel anything, just a little pressure. Not too big of a deal.

Also, don't be afraid of the needle, I HATE needles...but the ones the dentist has are so small, they don't really hurt. Press lightly on your gum for one second with your finger nail...that is all you really feel, if that (because of the numbing stuff they put on before).

Henry B
Rating
My daughter has the same the same problem with injections.He gave her 1 Valium the night before to help relax her.Once you get past the injection all you should feel is a lot of pressure but no real pain.Even when the Novocaine wears off there may be some discomfort, but usually a Tylenol will take care of that.

bobobrown
well, there is a lot of bone crunching noise and pressure as most dentists use an elevator, a tool that shoves under the tooth so they can lift and apply steady force to cause the tooth to fly out of the socket and hit the dental assistant in the forehead!! I know cause it happened to me!!the dentist started laughing and the girl was just staring at me!and i started laughing ,probably cause I was on nitrous gas!! but it happened so quick it didnt hurt?

aj1964
I've had 3 wisdom teeth removed. It doesn't hurt at all. The dentist first numbs my gums with the gel, then gives a shot to numb them. Only feeling I had was of him pulling to get them out, no pain whatsoever. And even after the numbness wears off, it never really hurt, He gave me medication for pain that I never even had to take.

TygerLily
Rating
Relax, it isn't that bad. I have long roots so when I get my teeth pulled, I have to go to the oral surgeon.
Ya go in, you get the teeth pulled, you come home with some painkillers, you take a nice hot bath and go to sleep for hours.
Make sure you get the prescription filled before you go home so that when the anesth...wears off, you can pop a few as the pain reminds you of the day's adventure. Rinse your mouth out with warm water and salt, relax. Rejoin the dream...in a couple of days, you'll be fine.
Really,it's no one's favorite thing to do but its not that big of a deal either. Relax.
(if you bear the x-rays, you can definitely bear the pulling. Personally, I think the x-rays are a bigger pain in the rear than the pull.)
Remember Advil and soup will get ya through this.
(As if anyone needs an excuse to eat soup this time of year.)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, September 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy