Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

I need to know every thing about braces?
Be very specific. Do they hurt? how much? I need to know EVERYTHING about ...

Dental problem please help!!?
My male friend is driving me crazy, the past few weeks he has been getting very bad tooth ache. He is literally crying with the pain. He went to A and E the other morning and they advised him to go ...

When a cavity hurts?
By the time a cavity is causing toothache, how likely is it that you will just need a simple filling rather than anything more complicated like root canal therapy?
Additional Details
I ...

Question about braces?
ok im going to need braces for my over bite. my question is does it hurt bad? does it hurt when its getting put in? do they give you shots in your mouth so it doesnt hurt? and will they give you ...

I am 12 years old and a front tooth lower tooth is about to come out. Is this normal?

I immediately NEED help!?
I have a poly-like sac over the area on my right wisdom teeth. It's a bit tender but it can get painful when you touch it hard.
I only noticed it today, and I'm 12 years old so no ...

Mercury tooth filling controversy ?
Background: Teeth fillings contain mercury. There is disagreement on whether this can cause mercury poisoning. Most medical professionals seem to think it does not.

Mercury poisoning can ...

Alternative to a tongue scraper?!?
I live in a country where tongue scrapers/cleaners aren't available yet. Can anyone give me any ideas what could be used as an alternative?...

What is the most painful procedure you have had done at the dentist?

Why am i scared of the dentist?

Please help me?
i use to have some pretty teeth but all of a sudden my teeth started falle out and everything decaying bad .i had braces on them to have them stratghtn out . but i cannot not understand that could it ...

How can you stop braces from hurting after you just got them?
I kinda don't wanna wait cuz I'm trying to eat and it hurts!!!...

Why does the gum around my teeth bleed when I brush my teeth?

Mouth Ulcers, what causes them and how do you get rid of them?

Which mouthwash color is more effective: blue or yellow/orange?

I WAnt to get some braces to make my teeth prettier..does it hurt!?!!?
iwant to get my teeth some braces becit is not aligned ryt..but do they put some holes on your teeth or some silly things???does it hurt..and will it bring a better SMLE??i hope so00..plssanswers..my ...

Please Help Me?
The past few months after I just moved out of my parents house my teeth have chipped. First was one small one in the front and today one of my lateral incisers chipped. It chipped when I bit down on ...

Advice on getting braces?
I'm getting braces this summer and I need some advice and information...like color choosing....How bad it hurts...How they are put on...etc. Anything you can think of!...

Do braces???...?
ok well this friday i am getting braces... do they hurt?? and do they scratch your mouth?? how do i prevent that form happening?? Also what kind of colors do they have??...

Is it ok to whiten teeth with strawberries?!?
I heard that you can use strawberries to whiten your teeth, but the acid can also damage them...does brushing afterwards compensate for this?...

Michael
What causes your gum line to recede, and what can be done about it.?

Annie S
brush your teeth dumb a**

Clown Knows
Could be bacteria. Have your teeth cleaned by a dentist. It helped me.

crownvic64
Rating
Age!

Howdy!!
Rating
Well, do you floss regularly? I believe that is caused by gum disease (whatever the name is).

tdreamer26
The website below will explain everything in detail.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Chit P
Rating
bacteria, plaque. brushing and flossing will make it stop...but if it's gone to far you might have to see a periodantist(gum doctor), who will do special surgery to correct it. I hear you lose some weight from it.

cristanine
Rating
Age is one factor, but the other is drug useage.

Nevada Pokerqueen
Gums recede from age. They can also recede if you do not use a very soft toothbrush and if you brush too hard. If your gums recede too much the tooth can get lose and even fall out. Talk to your dentist for advise.

usaf.primebeef
Rating
poor dental hygiene, go see a dentist

U.P.

Ron's wife
There is a big misconception here. And you are not alone. Most people believe that your gums are receding, when in fact it is your bone.
Calculus or plaque build up is the cause for the bone to deplete.
It can be easily treated, but you will have to be willing to follow directions given to you by your dental hygenist and Dr.(general or periodontist)
The first step is to have a scaling and root planing. Usually this is done by quadrant and will require 4 visits to the dentist. Since the hygenist will be cleaning above your gum line it can be painful b/c there is no enamel on the root of your tooth. You will be given a local anesthetic to numb the quadrant. After you are all "cleaned up" you should be instructed to use a proxibrush to clean inbetween your teeth and/ or use a water pick. Brushing atleast 2x a day and flossing once a day is very important. You will most likely be asked to have your cleanings scheduled every 3-4 months.
This is really a team effort, so be prepared to help out with your dental health!
You and your Dr. will see results if you do your part at home. Perio charting will be done to chart your progress. This consists of a tiny measuring device that is inserted between the teeth and the gums.
Good Luck!

justmmez
Rating
Age, brushing the wrong way and gum disease. The dentist can place white material fillings in order to cover them and protect your teeth from sensitivity but the gum will not grow out again. Just take good care of your teeth they are the only ones you'll ever have.

fayra_elm
Rating
My husband has receding gums and it is because he brushes too hard. He was told to lighten up and use a softer brush.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy