Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

16 and getting braces...?
i'm 16 and turning 17 in a few days. my parenst didnt think i needed braces cause i only have a lil gap inbetween my two front teeth but they finally gave in and i'm getting them on ...

Questions for Dental Phobics!?
I am doing a project for work about how being dental phobic can affect individuals in terms of getting treatment. Any information or experiences (will be kept anon) would be appriciated.

T...

Can I run a 5k the day after having my wisdom teeth removed?
I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed at 10am on a Friday and there is a 5k I really want to do at 9am the next morning...

Will I be ok to do it? I know some people who say they lay ...

I got really sensitive teeth, i cant drink anything or eat anything colddo you know what's wrong with my teeth
before i could eat whatever i wanted when i wanted it doesn't matter how old, i used to chew ice cubes, rightnow i couldn't even drink a bit cold water, i don't know what happened to ...

How many times should u brush your theeth?

I just had my wisdom teeth removed and I want to smoke...?
...how long should I wait till I smoke?
I got them pulled on the 21st of Feb.
I'm still swollen and bleeding a little bit.
They were surgically removed.

Any advice?...

Just walked out of the dentist without paying...will they hunt me down?
she was supposed to pull out a tooth but she couldn't manage it bless her. They did an xray then reffered me to the hospital to get it done there...they didnt mention payment, Should I have paid?...

Does anyone recommend Crest whitestrips? Have they worked for you?

Wisdom teeth?
what age do you usually get your wisdom teeth? im 23 and don't think i've got mine yet and to be honest theres no room for more teeth in my mouth, i haven't had teeth taken out or ...

I have a bad taste in my mouth 1 week after having a tooth extraction. is this normal?
i had my tooth extracted last weekend, it seems to be healing ok, although the gum is still a little sore but i have a bad taste and smell in my mouth coming from the hole where the tooth was. is ...

When you grind your teeth in your sleep what does it mean?

I have a dentists appointment today for a new filling. Should I have an injection?

Wisdom teeth problem -please suggest....?
I have broken wisdom teeth since a long time, but now cavity farmed and became sensitive unable to drink cool water.I have consulted doctor temporarily he applied zink monoxide medicine with a rubber ...

Just got a lower molar extracted?
about three hours ago.Can I smoke or will I get dry socket?It wasn't a wisdom tooth and I'm not talking ...

I just got my braces off today and my gums are all swollen..?
I got my braces off today and my gums are all swollen and I hate that felling.. its all slimly and nasty.. they told me to brush a couple times a day and I have brushed 3 times already.. I mean I ...

Teeth myth?
is it true, that if your teeth get super cold and you drink something
super hot that your teeth will shatter
example: (say your in Antarctica and your really freezing, so
you go ...

Toothache - Help Please!!!?
I have a toothache in the top back of my mouth, every time I bite down, it hurts, and tonight, it started throbbing. I have two wisdom teeth pulled on the same side of my mouth a couple of weeks ago....

Dental insurance?
im 17 i havent been to the dentist in like 10 years i had a very bad experience but now my teeth are crooked but i dont have dental insurance but im turning 18 in two months and im getting my ...

Is this an emergancy? Mentally ill and extremely scared?
I'm21yrs old,I haven't been to the dentist in over 5 years,I am petrified of goingBesides having a normal fear of the dentist, I have MajorDepression,BorderlinePers D/O,and Gen.AnxietyD/O.I&...

Should you use mouthwash or brush first ?

J33317
What can happen if i dont get my wisdom teeth taken out ? please tell me ?

wachie
Rating
Oops ! you'll no more b wise

remylebeau
Depends. They can overcrowd your teeth forcing them to go crooked. They can cause major jaw problems like locking up, pain, etc. They can get infected and cause major problems with other teeth close to it.
Then there are sometimes that they don't hurt at all.

I had to have my top ones pulled because they got infected and hurt like nobody's business! They were no biggy to get out. They didn't even knock me out. My bottoms I still have. They are actually growing under the gumline sideways. The dentist said it would cause more problems to take them out then leave them. So they are staying until they start hurting.

alexandria h
Wisdom teeth do not need to be taken out unless the growth will have an impact on your other teeth, such as growing sideways.

Jill B
Rating
See a dentist!

For a very good article on wisdom teeth, visit:

http://www.san-diego-dentist.us/san-diego-dental-wisdom-teeth.htm

http://www.san-diego-dentist.us
http://san-diego-dentists.blogspot.com
http://www.san-diego-dentist.us/san-diego-dentist-tijuana-dentist.html
http://www.san-diego-dentist.us/tijuana-dentist.htm
http://www.san-diego-dentist.us/san-diego-dental-implants.html
http://www.medical-research-study-directory.info/san-diego-medical-research-study.htm
http://www.las-vegas-nevada-lawyer-attorney-legal-injury-defense-directory.com

The Avon Lady
It depends on whether they are causing you pain or not. I'm 43 and I still have mine. Think of the old saying "If something's not broke, why fix it?!"

Riss
Rating
they will make your teeth bunch
try ask.com

corinna_jessica
Rating
I think sooner or later you'll take them out...when they start hurting...i tell you, you can't go on with pains like that!

Arbuckle
ask your dentist. Likely, your teeth would start to protrude and it might be painful as your teeth shift out of alignment

beez
Rating
Assuming they're causing you a problem, they can cause infection in other teeth and your gums. If they're okay, no need to have them removed.

Racer X
Allot of pain as they crowd in your jaw. Could absess too.

salihe66
They can grow funny and cause some serious pain in your jaw. Or, they can rot out and break off. Or, they can grow in just fine and stay healthy. It depends on luck and how well you take care of them. I wouldn't worry too much until something bad starts to happen. It's not like they're inherently bad, or anything.

Dr Matt W (Australia)
Rating
If wisdom teeth stay fully buried beneath the gum, then you may be able to leave them alone. Have them X-rayed every 2-3 years .
If they start to come through the gum, then bacteria can get in underneath, potentially causing gum infections or decay. Not many people get their wizzys all the way through the gum to a point where they can keep them fully clean. So, if they get stuck only part-way through, then have them removed. Please don't wait for pain to force you to seek treatment. It is sometimes very difficult for a dentist (and for you!) to treat an emergency toothache associated with a wizzy only halfway thru.
Also, if they get caught against the molar in front (2nd molar), then the plaque can accumulate and cause a hole in the back of this tooth as well. Big-time disaster, as it can be difficult or impossible to repair. Therefore, you may lose 2 teeth.
Yes, sometimes people can have jammed wizzys and never have problems all their life. I would not advise a 50 year-old patient to remove their wizzys if everything is going well. But such cases are very uncommon, and I believe you are taking a major risk if you hope you will be that lucky. And yes, I've had my wizzys removed years ago. I could think of better ways to spend an afternoon, but I don't have to worry about them anymore.
Finally, wizzys do not cause crowding of the front teeth. There have been research studies over the years to support this statement.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, November 27, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy