Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

What is the best toothbrush I can buy for only $500?
my papa give me only five hundred american dollars to buy myself a good toothbrush. please help me find a good one. thank you so much....

What causes your gum line to recede, and what can be done about it.?

My breath smells like shet what should i do?

What is the best type of toothpaste?

Are my teeth rotten?
So i have a few questions...
In the middle of my front two teeth there are blackstuff, not on my gums but on the actual tooth.
I've had it for a while never bothering to go to the ...

Is it normal for your gums so slight bleed when your flossing
because maybe you pressed down to hard?
Additional Details
is it normal for your gums to slightly bleed when your flossing?***...

Im still scared. tommorow mornings the big day....'wisdoom' teeth?
hi guys

tommorow morning at 7;45 sydney time im scheduled to go under the knife to remove 4 wisdom teeth...

im still so scarred. ....like what if and what if ...you know...like ...

Does a tooth cleaning require anesthesia?

Have you ever had a cavity?

I just had 3 of my teeth taken out 2 hours ago,what am i aloud to eat because im realy hungry?
I'm really hungry because i didn't eat since like 7 hours ago. I had 3 of my molars extracted on 3 different sides and the only side with my mollar still there is the lower right side.What ...

How much does it cost to have wisdom teeth removed without insurance?

Is a Porcelain/Metal Fused Crown Truly Better?
My denist has prescribed a buid up and crown on a back moler that has deteriorated. The way the wrote it up, it is a Porcelein/Metal crown.

However, my insurance will only cover what they ...

I need to know every thing about braces?
Be very specific. Do they hurt? how much? I need to know EVERYTHING about ...

Dental problem please help!!?
My male friend is driving me crazy, the past few weeks he has been getting very bad tooth ache. He is literally crying with the pain. He went to A and E the other morning and they advised him to go ...

When a cavity hurts?
By the time a cavity is causing toothache, how likely is it that you will just need a simple filling rather than anything more complicated like root canal therapy?
Additional Details
I ...

Question about braces?
ok im going to need braces for my over bite. my question is does it hurt bad? does it hurt when its getting put in? do they give you shots in your mouth so it doesnt hurt? and will they give you ...

I am 12 years old and a front tooth lower tooth is about to come out. Is this normal?

I immediately NEED help!?
I have a poly-like sac over the area on my right wisdom teeth. It's a bit tender but it can get painful when you touch it hard.
I only noticed it today, and I'm 12 years old so no ...

Mercury tooth filling controversy ?
Background: Teeth fillings contain mercury. There is disagreement on whether this can cause mercury poisoning. Most medical professionals seem to think it does not.

Mercury poisoning can ...

Alternative to a tongue scraper?!?
I live in a country where tongue scrapers/cleaners aren't available yet. Can anyone give me any ideas what could be used as an alternative?...

chameleon777000
What are the white blotches I usually have on my teeth? And how do I get rid of them?
I usually have these white blotches on my teeth. Usually on the front teeth. They aren't always there, and some days they are more extreme than others. I've noticed that it sometimes varies from day to night.
Additional Details
I did have braces, years ago, but these blotches have been there since I got my permanent teeth.
I do sleep with my mouth open, and would like to change that - how can I control what seems to be habit for me?

Kelly L
It is normally caused by a mineral deficiency - do you have white spots on your nails too? if not it is probably caused by too much fluoride absorption.

*Chika*
that's Fluorosis, a result of too much fluoride in your diet as a child. It's no big deal, but know that it will never go away...it will be there forever.
you can whiten those teeth if you want, to make the brighter parts less noticable.

I have Fluorosis too, and I tried bleaching the teeth that had spots on them, and they're less noticable now. Nobody really notices it anyway, so don't worry.

:o)

Tique AM VA
Rating
On a side note, not that unusual for the spots to change in intensity. If you sleep with your mouth open, the teeth dry out and look more "etched". the white spots would be more obvious. as the day progressed they would rehydrate with salivation. perfectly normal. But yes, fluorosis or trauma as the tooth is developing is the most likely cause. Bleaching has varied results for each case. some can have great results, others can find these spots become more noticeable.

2LegsMalone
Rating
Plaque most likely. Try using a harder bristled brush. Or also polish with an electric brush as well as continuing your normal dental routine.

Chrys
Rating
it's floride stains from your drinking water...the only way to get rid of them is to have your teeth bleached by a dentist (and it doesn't always work).

Tina
Rating
Interesting that your hypo-calcification areas change up and down in intensity---

These white spots are sometimes genetic or caused by trauma to the teeth like having braces cemented onto the teeth and the teeth becoming calcified around the brackets (poor cleaning of the teeth, plaque sitting around the bracket and the teeth can become hyper pigmented)--but you did not mention you had braces so more than likely you fall under the genetic discolored smile, mouth-breather at night or heavily fluoridated smile (which can also have these high white pigmentation's to them and sometimes darker brown stains as well).

The variation of your white spots changing possibly can be affected by the teeth becoming dehydrated because of whitening them either through whitening tooth pastes, press-on whitening strips or tray and gel whitening and also the foods and or drinks you have can contribute to the color change (but this part, I apologize I am not perfectly clear on which foods and drinks dehydrate the smile).

There are some cosmetic dentist out there that are doing the DEEP WHITENING procedures that work best for helping get the rest of your teeth closer to the color of these hyper-white spots--so that your teeth color blend nicer and the spots are not as noticeable. Consider this for your smile. It can be corrected. You just have to go to a cosmetic dentist that is familiar with the DEEP WHITENING procedure.

P.S. We all have subtle variations of white modeling patterns to our smile and for those of you out there that have bleached your teeth you may know what I am talking about---meaning that like a pair of jeans that get bleached---there are some strings in the jeans that are lighter and some that are darker--and they bleach at a varying rate---and the same goes for these hyper pigment spots on smiles they can present themselves in the teeth whitening process--with the help of a good dentist they can monitor the bleaching process-- and you CAN have these spots corrected. (good news too--the bleached white spots in some smiles calm down on their own and clear up) either way---bleaching is your best option to getting the best results in blending the white spots.

ruth_friends2006
could be plaque

Sunshine
I had the same problem. My dentist said It was calcium. I had my teeth bleached and now they are hardly noticeable. But still check with your dentist. It could be something else causing the white spots. Good luck..

insane_mad_maniak
could just be plaque build up, sometimes it hardens.

CLIVE H
Rating
This could be caused by a calcium deficiency in your diet. If you also have white flecks inside your finger nails, this too indicates the same thing.

Calcium comes in milk and other dairy products.

Skimmed milk is a bad idea. If you feed this to a baby, it will die.

Russell S
Calcium deposits!

kimmers
I have dealt with this same problem, the white blotches were really noticable in the morning upon awakening and tended to lighten up or completely disappear as the day went on. I went to my local dentist and this is what he told me:

It sounds like you're sleeping with your mouth open.Maybe you're congested and can't breath through your nose,or have allergies etc. What's happening is you're mouth breathing and dessicating (drying out) the front teeth. As the day goes on ,the enamel loses it's frosty appearence when the teeth get fully hydrated again. Treatment of choice is no treatment of all.

Hope this helps, it's nothing to worry about :)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy