Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Can dentists write perscriptions for vicodin?

Does evrybody need to take off their wisdom teeth?

Where do you get a shot at when you get fillings?
Like,do you get a shot in you arm or gums?...

I accidentally wiped some Chia Pet seeds on my teeth. Should I scrape it off or trim it into various shapes?

How do I whiten my teeth without weakening them?
I heard crest white strips could weaken teeth? Is this true? Is there anyway i can whiten my teeth affectively without weakening them and without have surgury?...

How can i whiten my teeth on my own?
What do you recommend, how do i use it and how effective is it?...

Going to the dentist after X years - help!?
I'm not scared of dentists, I just never got around to registering with a new one after leaving my home town when I was a teenager. Now I don't know where to start! I've heard stories ...

Why do we think that our NHS is the best in the world?
When I was in china I needed some work done on my teeth,
with a freind I visited the hospital and got an appointment the same day,all in all I had 3 visits which involved two fillings.
The H...

What do you think about flossing?
Before, or after you brush...plus mouth wash, where does that fit in?...

When you kiss some one if you wear braces?
Wouldn't it hurt and scratch them with the metal, because my braces often scratch my cheeks and make them bleed, so id have thought it was hurt a guy if i kissed him?...

The days after having wisdom teeth extracted...?
I am planning on having some wisdom teeth extracted tomorrow, and I know it's supposed to be extremely painful--at least, when the numbing wears off.

My main question is, however, ...

What colors for braces make your teeth look the whitest?
which colors should i avoid?

heres a pic of me:
http://de.tinypic.com/vi (BTW: i have really bad teeth in that pic. that was the first day i got braces, ...

Why is my tongue always dryin the morning

Was I wrong?..................?
Guys Iam faced in a huge problem. Guys today I went to the dentist in the morning for a checkup but I know if anything is wrong action might be used. But I was not prepared for anythng. When we ...

About braces???
well im gonna have to get braces soon sooo i was just wonderin... how will it be??
does it hurt???
my uncle says that if the doctor says ull have them for like 1 yr its always gonna be ...

Will Spacers hurt?
I am really neverous to get spacers. I have rather crowded teeth and I am worried that theese are going to be very painful. My friend says it is just like something stuck between your teeth. Is this ...

Braces question..people who have experience help?!?
im going to get braces
but i need to know a few questions
i live in the UK
so
would ceramic braces cost?
by the way im only 14
also should i get ceramic or metal???

My mouth smells disgusting?
Ok what's the deal here... I can brush my teeth every 30mins and it'll still smell putrid in a matter of minutes! I've tried mouth wash, but it doesn't work at all!!!
What...

My mates hav braces and i dont and im stareed to feel very left out what shall i do ?

Additional Details
and the thing is they make fun out of my boyfriend as well just because he hasn't got ...

What causes me to grind my teeth at night?

Cheyanne
What are the chances I can go back to work the day after having my wisdom teeth pulled?
I'm getting all 4 of them removed tomorrow, and due to all the work I have, I really want to come back the day after and work the rest of the week. Some people say I can do it, others day I'll be in too much pain and should take off a few days. What are your suggestions?

lilo
Rating
Here's the possibility: you can go to work if: you dn't have a general anesthesy done, and YOU ARE GOOD AT BEARING PAIN. :)) Otherwise, not a wise move, especially that you gotta pull all 4 of them in a session (really? they do that?).

Josi
The most important factor to consider when answering this question is "What kind of work do you do??"
Your dr. will tell you not to get your heart rate up for at least 24 hours. This causes blood to pump faster in your body and therefore faster to the extraction sites.
Many times, things that we think are going to be sooo painful, are not that bad at all. Uncomfortable, yes, but if you're tough, you can handle it. Other times, however, there's nothing you can do about it. The most important thing is, don't push yourself too hard. You won't necissarily need strong pain medicine. You may be able to take 800 mg. of Ibprofen and work. Maybe not. Depends on many things. But if your job is physical in the least, stay home. You'll miss a lot more work if you get dry sockets than if you just take one day off to heal.
Good luck!
Happy Holidays!

Rose
Lots of people do it. The only issue is your pain tolerance and how much swelling/bleeding you'll have. Your oral surgeon can tell you roughly about the swelling bleeding. You should know your own pain threshold.

A quick way to guesstimate, if your situation is this black and white, is if they're impacted maybe not (again, depending on how impacted). If they're not impacted, definitely.

karen20bos
Rating
Zero % possibility

Wondering
Rating
It depends on the individual. I had two of mine pulled on a Thursday and took the Friday off work, so by Monday I was fine. But if you're getting all 4 pulled, I doubt you'll be going to work the next day. So what if you're busy, your health is more important, take a couple of days, you will probably need it.

Witchy Woman
Rating
It depends how deep they are. I was fine with 2 and not with 2 others. If they give you pain pills don't drive or use machinery. Bring mouthwash, badbreathe is worse than the pain.

Shannon
Rating
Good luck with that! I was on pain killers in bed for the 2 days afterward.

You have to be VERY careful so you don't get dry sockets. If you don't get those, you may be okay to go to work, but you will likely be on pain killers. As long as your boss is okay with that, then you should be good to go!

Blazin'22
Rating
it all depends! if it just a simple extraction, you should be fine! my friend was at work the next day.

But f its a mini surgery (like my brother's) hmm.... be ready to be put on Percocet or some hard core stuff.

It all depends on how complicated the proceedure is!

I hope that answers your question! goodluck!

larry n
i did it you can too

Jennifer
I had 3 of mine pulled, and missed work for 2 days. My mouth wouldn't stop bleeding, and I was in a lot of pain. You should really consider taking at least a day to just rest. It's a traumatic thing for your body to go through, and you need time to recuperate and get your strength back. If you push yourself too hard too soon, your mouth may take longer to heal, and you could risk infection. Best play it safe and rest up.

u_wish1984
Hard to say. I got all four of mine out and I don't remember being in horrible pain. I did go off the meds though because even half a pill of the codein was still making me sick.

advantagetutors
No way. I went back to work too early and got very sick

Donna M
I had all four pulled at once, and spent the next three days half-dead :)
Some people cope really well, some don't. It's basically a case of wait and see.
One other thing, my teeth were impacted so they had to pull really hard to get the things out, and for ages afterwards I had massive neck, jaw and shoulder pain. If anything like that happens, someone like a kinesiologist or a chiropractor or massage therapist (depending on your exact problem) should be able to help.
And now, whenever I get a headache (rarely, thank God), the pain goes straight to my jaw. Ow!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy