Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Does it hurt alot gettin ur wisdom teeth out?
im gettin all 4 of my wisdom teeth out under general anistetic does it hurt alot!...

Best toothpaste?
which toothpaste whitenings teeth the Absolute best ?...

Is it okay to sedate your kids for a night out?

Additional Details
o.m.g. im surprised that hardly any of you knew i was having a go...............

What do you think when you see people who have braces?
i have to wear those 'train track' brace things, and no one seems to notice them, but im still really paranoid about everyones opinions (dont tell me 'it doesnt matter what other ...

Can coca-cola be used to help whiten the teeth due to the high acidity it has?
Researchers say that coca-cola is a good home remedy to clean the toilet and tub b/c of the high acidity content. Can it also clean the teeth? If it can clean the toilet why not whiten the teeth?...

HELP! OMGEEE I SWALLOWED TOOTH PASTE... IM I GONNA DIE??? OMGEEE What should I do???
THE TOOTH PASTE TUBE SAYS TO GET MEDICAL HELP OR CONTACT A POISON CONTROL CENTER RIGHT AWAY. I DONT WANT DIE PEOPLE. HELP HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!
Additional Details

Should i brush my teeth right now?
i really dont ...

Why do brits have poor dental hygiene?

Additional Details
So ONLY people on tv that are british have bad teeth? How did that become a stereotype if there wasnt a bit of ...

Is this supposed to happen?
WHEN I CLOSE MY MOUTH MY TOP TEETH GO OVER MY BOTTOM TEETH DO I NEED BRACES

ALSO MY TOP TEETH GO ALL THE WAY DOWN ALMOST OVER MY GUMLINE

ALSO MY 2 BOTTOM TEETH GO UP AND DOWN AND...

What brand and colour is your toothbrush?

Additional Details
Mine is pink! Forgot what brand it is thought, ...

How do get rid of bad breath?????

Be honest...how many of you DON'T brush your teeth before going to bed?

Have you had a wisdom tooth removed? Did it hurt much?

Additional Details
I'm not a big fan of blood... or pain for that matter. I get the feeling I'll have a lot of both....

Do you brush your teeth first or have breakfast first?

Are you supose to throw away your toothbrush after so many times?

How to stop braces from hurting? I just got them today?
I got braces on in the morning and they hurt like really really bad. I took some medicine but it doesn't seem to help at all. please help?...

How many times a day do you brush your teeth?

When did you last go to the Dentist?
Not happy I have 7 appointments....

My partner has really bad breath?
my partner has been suffering with bad breath he has been to the dentist and had them cleaned and brushes his teeth twice a day can anyone recommended anything as it is really ...

Do retainers hurt?
I'm getting my braces of soon and I'm getting a removable retainer on top and one gued down to the bottom. Anyway back to the question, do retainers hurt as much as braces?...

Sadie
What are dental options for the uninsured?
I make pretty good money, but my company doesn't have dental insurance and I don't really want to drop $1000 for a crown. Are there any options for those who don't have dental insurance but don't qualify for medicaid or other low-income places?

rbkhrollins2000
AmeriPlanUSA® is the largest discount health benefits company in the nation. We have been in business for 13 years and are a member in good standing with the Better Business Bureau. (See links below.)

We offer our members these savings:
* Up to 80% Savings on Dental Care
* Up to 60% Savings on Vision Care
* Up to 50% Savings on Prescriptions
* Up to 50% Savings on Chiropractic Care

We currently have almost 2 million members using ourservices with 90% of our members keeping their memberships.That tells you how much we are helping our memberssave money
while they can enjoy better health.
This is not insurance. This is a provider access organization
offering our members large discounted rates on Dental, Vision,
Prescription, and Chiropractic care.
Enjoy all of these benefits when using AmeriPlanUSA® :
* Use as often as you like! No limits!
* All pre-existing conditions are covered! (except braces already in progress)
* No deductibles!
* No age limit!
* No claim forms!
* No waiting period!
* Change providers whenever you like!
* Very affordable!
* 100% Money-Back Guarantee
We want to help everyone to be able to enjoy goodhealth, so we keep our benefits at very affordable prices.

For an individual: Only $11.95 a month!
For an entire household: Only $19.95 a month!(An entire household covers everyone in the home,even if they aren't related.)
We give our members a 30-day money back guarantee!
There is no contract...you can cancel at anytime.
To read in more detail about our company, the moneywe can help you save, a list of providersin your area, enroll online, and other information, please go to:

http://www.mybenefitsplus.com/40312653

You can enroll directly online by clicking on the link above then
clicking on "Enroll Now."

Isis
Rating
Find a dentist who will allow you to pay monthly installments after he does the work-most dentists have these kinds of plans. If you pay promptly then they will continue to allow you to pay this way for future work.

harmony
move to Arkansas, you'll fit right in. lol but seriously, dental insurance doesn't cover much. look around; it's okay to compare prices. i paid 500 for a porcelain crown.

answerman288
Rating
I live near Buffalo New york and The university of Buffalo has a dental school. The school runs a dental clinic that provide low cost treatment to patients. The service is provided by dental students near graduation to provide the patient low cost care and
the student needed experience working on patients. I don't know where you live but you might want to see if there are any dental schools with similar services

DeAnna
Rating
If your in a large city, some health depts will do it on a sliding scale. I also used to work for Sears and their dental offices only charge $500 for crowns, last I checked.

You wouldn't want medicaid anyway, they don't pay for good crowns.

banananose_89117
Rating
A friend found this answer: Go to the local medical school and there should be a dental school. The dental school has major reduced charges and some services are free.

Have you gone to a dentist and told them you have NO insurance. Would they please discount your services, e.g., per hour rather than a measured filling, etc.

CDM
yeah go try them out

Robster01
I am not 100% sure it is true, but I hear that dental schools offer deep discounts in order to provide teeth for students to learn on. The drawbacks to that option, of course, is that you might end up with a soon to be dropout drilling your tooth to pieces. The question in all branches of doctor training is, "what do you call a doctor who graduates last in his class?....You call him DOCTOR!" Good luck.

Atul Pawar
Rating
make your neighborhood gang angry & they can remove your teeth in a second

myyorkies
Rating
some of the dental offices offer a ins. for 25 dollars and it gets your work done for half off........i got veneers......they were 900.00 for aech one.....i got 4.....and then got half off.

s t
hi.thanks for posting an interesting question. i had the same "problem". the advice is -- find a good dentist that is a must. second find an honest dentist, that is no. two. third find a dentist that will give you different options to fix your teeth/or tooth. not all dentist solve the same problem in the same fashion. there are other options "at times" than a root canal etc. discuss and ask those issues. last but not least go to the internet and learn as much as you can on the tooth problem you have then --put the issues to your dentist...and wish yourself good luck...and pray....it helps.

alwrig
Posey, I feel your pain (financial-wise, that is).

Why not go to the link below! You can have access to quality dental care at a substantial discount for less than $20 a month. And choose from over 30,000 dentists nationwide.

Good luck!

jedi_junkie05
Rating
You could get an enamel crown instead of a gold/silver crown. I had a canine broken in half a few years ago and we couldn't afford a metal crown so we went for the enamel, it only cost us a few hundred.

mJc
Rating
Although they'd prefer you pay upfront, most dentists allow you to make monthly payments (no interest). Talk to the office assistant and find out if this is possible. You don't want to hold off getting a crown when you need one; the costs could become even greater if something more serious happens.

LvYahooAnswrs
Rating
Try ur local clinic or dental school. Also, sometimes dentists will give u a discount if u pay in full and don't have insurance.

preciousp
Rating
I have a dental plan that allows me to save in most cases 50% to 80% on my dental care. The best savings comes with the preventative care such as cleanings, x-rays, fillings, however you can even save 50% on root canals and crowns. I would rather pay half than full price. You can look up more information at:

http://wehavebenefits.com

PUTT
YES, u can find a dental school in your town. They are pretty cheap.

Don J
sweet heart i do have medi care but medicare doesent cover dental. mama ani both are retired and on s s i just paid out 3000.00 dollars on herfalse teeth no medicare didnt pay a penny on it now if u are an american indian u pay pay pay im sorry other than that dear im sorry good luck u need it maby prair will help god bless don

notsotweetone
Rating
You can look for a dental school in your area as they do procedures as learning tools just like teaching hospitals or check with the local health department as they have clinics that offer free or reduced charge dental procedures also. Good luck.

Jo Jo Gunn
Rating
go to americandentalplan.com for super discounts ( after you pay the $129 )

curious_boricua_soul
Rating
No matter what insurance you may have, dental work isn't gonna be covered entirely. If you need to have anything done at the dentist, they set up an account for you, so you can make monthly payments. My friend does that since her insurance isn't the best. If you have been going to the same dentist for months or years, they can make you an account, and you can pay on it however you'd like. Just ask them about it and they should be able to set you up. Good luck!

>>||<<
Rating
No options that I know of. I know I have $7000.00 worth of work that needs done in my mouth with crowns and partials. I was even eligible for welfare at one point but it didn't help with dental or medical for me, just my son.

All4Christ
im in the same boat. my job offers dental but its way to expensive. so i go do my dental work at a near by office and i pay them in payments. directly to the office. find a dental office and ask if you can pay in payments. i dont think thy would have a problem with that.

ItsJustMe
Rating
Dental schools! There are some separate ones, and some attached to colleges/universities. The dentists are students, but they are supervised, and it is much cheaper.

sleuthgrrl
Rating
Try the dental school at your local university. They often offer free or sliding-scale dental services.

lovely one
Rating
I really have a problem with the way our government is handling the medical problems of it's citizens. I don't have dental coverage either, and believe me after having to shell out seven hundred dollars for two teeth to be removed plus anesthesia I was mortified. You at least have a job. I don't because I'm on disability (no prescription cov either). What are people like us supposed to do? I guess we have two choices. Let your teeth decay, and fall out or go to a private dentist, and pay up the nose. In your case because you are employed, and make a good salary you should be able to pay on a payment plan with your dentist because they do have them. Why not try to find out if they have a dental college in your area? If they do I would take a chance depending on the severity of your problem. I think it would be less expensive than a private dentist.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy