Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

What is this piece of skin called?
It's the bit that joins your upper lip to your top gum, if you put your tongue between your upper lip & teeth you can feel it!
Additional Details
I'm not asking because I ...

How much do braces cost and for how long wil i have them?
i have some spaces and a slight overbite ....

What can I eat?
I just had mouth surgery 2 days ago. I have been living off mashed potatoes, milkshakes, and soda. I was wondering if their was any food I can eat becuase I am starving! Besides mashed potatoes, ...

My 6 yr old & I had a bad experience with an unprofesional dentist yesterday--now shes tramatized--what to do?

Additional Details
She has only been a few times but not here, the man actually used profanity during our first conversation together--right in front of her he casually used the words ...

My teeth are spaced out a LITTLE., and all my baby teeth are gone! Do I need braces?
Please answer!...

How long does it take for you to brush your teeth and rinse your mouth?

My sis wants to get rainbow braces, Should she get them?
my sis wants to get rainbow braces but i dont think they look cool and i dont want to be seen with someone who has that. Should she get them?...

Is beer bad for your teeth?

What does it mean when your two front teeth are sepearted by a space?

Oral thrush?
6 months ago when i had my baby i had an infection and had antibiotics which gave me oral thrush 6 months on i still have oral thrush . iv had 2 blood tests . treid daktarin gel, nystain pastuels,...

In a pinch, can people with braces use baking to brush their teeth?

Additional Details
baking soda.... sodium bicarbonate.... that abrasive white stuff...!!...

Would you rather not wash your face for a week or not brush your teeth for a week?
and you have to chose ...

How long does it take for for the pain to be unbearable when your Wisdom tooth is decaying?
At the moment i only have trouble at night when i lie down, i went to the Dentist & they prescribed me Metrenadozile (however u spell it), they said if it doesnt settle down then it needs to come ...

How do i remove plaque from my teeth?

Additional Details
i brush my teeth twice a day, and i have studied in my biology book that it cant be removed by ...

How many time u brush yr teeth?

Additional Details
Well, i brush twice a day then i got a habit of brushing my teeth ever meal, is that healthy?...

Can i have advice for the bad breath people?

Does anyone no when and how long you're mouth hurts after braces?
i got them to day and they dont hurt at all but i want to know if i will be able to eat at thanksgiving
Additional Details
well i can stand some pain everyone told me after i got my ...

Braces????
i got my braces 4days ago and my gums are fine by my actual teeth ache she are constantly sore and i cant eat solids and when i say solids i mean i cant eat anything that involves chewing or touching ...

Does it hurt when you get brace's?
I have to get brace's and I was woundering if it hurt this is my first ...

An answer would be nice!?!?
Iam goin to an orthodontist tomoro Iam worried!?
ok iam goin to my forst ortho apptment what will happen

ok do you have the choice of getting molarbands like can you say HOOKs intead?<...

bowser
Tooth pulled-do i have to rinse with salt water after everytime I smoke to or just after meals?
its been 48 hours
Additional Details
hey now, the dentist always say dont smoke for at least 4 hours. its been 48 hours.

LADY Vilena
my grreatest advise is to quit smoking all together...=D

lin
simple dont smoke it takes away 5 minetes of your life evry time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The guy!
Rating
Just get some listerine and mix it with water 50-50, it works the same and tastes a hell of alot better. If your gonna smoke or drink beer your gonna wanna rinse it out good right after both. If your drinking beer your gonna want to swish once every beer unless you drink slow then probably twice.

Michele
Don't rinse too much, you'll dislodge the blood clot, and I suggest putting a cotton ball over the 'extraction site' when your smoking, It will hurt less because there won't so much suction. Also, you should rinse after eating, not after smoking, I see no need for it, and they tell you to rinse with salt water because it helps it not to get infected, so don't rinse with mouthwash.

lilliv
just to be sure i would rinse with the salt water after smoking or eating it takes at least a week to start closing up, even though its annoying to have to do it better to be safe. Especially if you had difficulty clotting.

kawthing
you're not supposd to smoke because it can give you a "dry socket" had one... not fun

Rocket P
Rating
Salt water rinses historically have been carried out according to ancient rites of religious torture, first conceived by the Pontiff Ignatius Constantine II in the third century. He discovered that dipping captured political opponents into iron kettles of boiling sea water would often, just prior to the moment of termination of cardiac function, result in the victim having a sudden loss of dentin after receiving a blow in the mouth with a oaken staff delivered by the Pontiff's palace guard. The salvaged teeth would then be strung on a rawhide necklace that the Pontiff would wear during further religious rites.

ninienkyky
I would just to be safe. It would be better to do it then get an infection.

a2z_4me
Rating
I have been going through it, You do not want that clot disovled. Severe pain, do everything they say or you will be in major pain... and prolong the healing process.

ladyluck
Sarcasmless response:

Literally, every time something goes in your mouth you need to rinse.

Teeny
I'd just be careful because you could get dry sockets and those are nothing fun. It happened to my mom and she ended up going back 2 times because of infection and that. She was in a ton of pain. But if you smoke id rinse before and after that and before and after you eat.

West F
smoking dries out the socket. Better not to for as long as you can. rinsing afterwards might help keep it hydrated.

Sparky
Rating
both after smoking and after meals

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, October 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy