Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

I'm SO scared!!?
I'm getting my wisdom teeth out next week!! Does it hurt really bad? My roots haven't fully developed. but I'm terrified of surgery procedures.....

I need Braces!?
I just went to the dentist to get my teeth cleaned and asked him if I needed braces. He said that I have a over bite and I do need braces. So I go home to my dads and tell him that I need braces but ...

Is it OK to use a $1.00 toothbrush?
hello,
I was trying to save some money and bought a dollar CVS toothbrush. The bristles are pretty hard and firm and whenever I use it it makes my gums bleed really badly. I don't mind it,...

How do i get ride of gingivitious?
I always brush my teeth everyday but i hardly floos and my dentist says i have gingivitious and it's reversible. how do i reverse it?
Additional Details
I don't remember what ...

So the smoke and nicotine isnt actually bad for the surgical area were the wisdom teeth were?

How do u get rid of a toothache that i don't have to see a dentist for?

If a baby tooth dies (turns black) should I worry??
My four year old fell and knocked her front teeth on the floor, it bled alittle, but now it is turning a black color. I am sure that means it is dead, and since it is a baby tooth do I need to take ...

I am scared - I may never wake up after anaesthesia. Can I stay awake during the procedures?
im having lower jaw surgery
*Orthognathic surgery*...

Is it necessary to see an oral surgeon to extract a wisdom tooth or can a regular dentist do it?
Got a wisdom tooth with gaping cavity, starting to cause pain. Thing is I do not have insurance, so looking for affordable options BUT am super duper scared of pain...can regular dentists knock you ...

How do you get rid of an abscess over a tooth without going to the doctor ?
I have a tooth that needs to come out but I don't have insurance. It is giving me a headache; a tension headache....

TOOTHACHE Please help?
Okay My mom has a really REALLY bad toothache, about a week ago her filling came out and it hurt everytime she ate and stuff but today she decided to eat on the other side of her mouth to ease the ...

Is it normal for your other teeth to hurt after a wisdom teeth extraction?
I got all 4 wisdom teeth out last Monday, and now my gums are sore and my other teeth feel sore. Also, the roof of my mouth is sore and swollen right behind my two front upper teeth. Is it normal ...

Which toothpaste?
I have been mostly using virgin's necks but how do I avoid tartar building up?...

I am getting braces on Tuesday i was wondering if it is going to hurt when i get them on.?

I just got my braces on...?
... what are some things that i can't eat? my sister has had them for like 3 years and she eats anything... gum, caramel, and stuff like that. can i still eat my beloved garlic-bread-cheese ...

Help, anyone had this done?
I am having my wisdom teeth out in 2 hours, i am very very nervous please tell me if you had it done and what is was like during having them out and ...

Do your teeth ever feel a bit lose when you first wake up ?
sometimes when i wake up in the morning my teeth feel kinda lose. and sometimes really stiff feeling.. i cant really explain it. but by later on it the day they feel normal again? i think it might be ...

The Braces Question....Questions?
My friend keeps telling me to get braces,so does part of my family.I said I didn't want them but my friends say I need them sooner or later or else no one will go out with me,not that I care but ...

Braces and Gum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
ok so in my quant little town there are like 3 or 4 orthos and me and my friends all go to different ones and all of thiers promote chewing gum with their braces and are always like 'oh yeah its ...

What will happen if anybody swalows a bubble gum?

burrowthroughaneleph...
Smoking cigarettes and tooth extraction?
why are you not allowed to smoke after a tooth extraction? has anyone smoked after having a tooth pulled out?

bdegennaro
because the nicotine can cause the bleeding time to stop and then that will cause you to have what they call a dry socket. They are very painful and have to have antibiotic soaked material packed in the hole to help it heal.

kirk_garza
Rating
the Heat from the Smoke causes Dry Socket, that is very painful and can lead to a infection in the gums and make things worse leading to more teeth being pulled, or worse having an abcess in ur jaw, which is just plain out nasty..

The Mullet
Rating
The suction from taking a drag off your smoke may cause the blood clot that has formed on the extraction site to come loose. You can smoke at your own risk by putting some gauze over the extraction site and taking very light drags.

antshed
Rating
My room mate did and got very sick. Not sure if it was the cigs or not but the room mate said felt sick right away after lighting it! I would think that the smoke would not be conducive do healing.

aginghippie49
Rating
I believe it is because you create suction to pull teh smoke in from the cigarette which will also tend to draw blood up from the wound. I've smoked shortly after an extraction and that is what happened to me. It started bleeding again and took several hours to stop.

?
Rating
dont smoke its bad

fullblastus
Smoking drys your mouth out. Salavia helps to keep your teeth clean and helps in the healing process. Start saving about $1,000. You're going to need dentures if you keep smoking. Dentures aren't so bad. They last about 5 years and you have to get new ones. Avoid popcorn or you'll break the dentures.

Amy H
Yes, I smoked after having an extraction. Got a dry socket too. It hurt so bad that I swore I would quit smoking if the pain would stop. It has now been over a week, packed three times, and still painful. The next step is to scrap the area to start another clot again since it still won't heal. Smoking can dislodge or dissolve the clot. It also decreases blood flow to the area. The area needs the blood flow to heal. I have since quit smoking and if I could do it all over again, I would have stopped that first day.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy