Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

How painful is it to get your wisdom teeth out? I am getting my out at 9:15am tomorrow. Any suggestions?

What should I do first, brush my teeth or floss my teeth?
And why?...

About braces...?
I just got my braces. I had one day of 'throbbing' in my teeth. Now my teeth feel fine...are my braces 'still working'? I don't see my denstist for 7 weeks and I just can'...

It is known that anorexia/bulimia sufferers have bad teeth - but do they also have poor nails & hair?
If so, Is the damage irreversible?...

I had a filling in my tooth yesturday and i still can't eat on the side of my mouth i had the filling.?
Is this normal? My tooth did not hurt before i had the filling....

Has anyone had a tooth break while eating coleslaw?

Im sooo scared!Im getting braces!Do they hurt?

Hate how dentist makes small talk while I'm on the chair.?
Okay, I am going to the dentist in about an hour and I had to have this particular one because the man I prefer is booked out. This dentist however makes a lot of small talk, asking me about college ...

How do i get whiter teeth in 1 month??

I have bad & crooked teeth, who do I see first?
Should I see the orthodontist first or the dentist first?
My teeth are in bad condition and they're also crooked, havent seen a dentist in 10years
I thought I'll confront my ...

I know that eating too much toothpaste can be fatal, but how much is too much?

Additional Details
I don't have an obsession with toothpaste, I have a perfectly normal relationship with toothpaste. I do, ...

Braces!!!????
Does anyone the average cost of braces???...

Omg braces!!!!?
I will be getting braces soon and im totally affraid. I mean yea i want them because my teeth are a mess but i hate pain. I just hate pain. Can someone tell me the process of getting braces and also ...

What if you break your right hand what do you do?

A painful white sore below my gum in my mouth?
i have had it for about 4 days. it is right where my gums end and where my cheek begins. It looks like a cut, but it is white so i didn't know if it was a canker sore. It looks a little ...

My friend has bad breath.?
My friend has bad breath. she told me and i know its kind of true. she said that whenever she brushes her hard pallet and her tongue..is when she can smell it. but it often smells really bad. Some ...

What stains teeth more, coffee or tea?

Scared about Wisdom Teeth Extraction?
I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on Friday and I'm very scared. But more importantly, my boyfriend's father's retirement party is on Saturday and I really want to go. Will I be ...

Is getting your wisdom teeth pulled as bad as I think it is? I will survive right? lol?
Im 25 and my wisdom teeth are KILLING ME! They weren't really bothering me until this year and now the whole left side of my mouth is swollen and infected! Im just such a baby when it comes to ...

Pls answer I am worried?
I have red spots in my mouth, on the roof, and on the inside of ym lips. and i also have white ones like blisters, but really painful, tey are white, and i have surrounded all my mouth. i just woke ...

Ssshhhh Im a McCain now®
Since my kids teeth are gonna fall out anyway, do I have to let them brush daily?
Those Dora, Sponge Bob, and Diego toothbrushes are VERY expensive.
Additional Details
does it HAVE to be listerine? Or can I use something cheaper?

mardix27
Rating
Yeah. Have them brush their teeth daily (actually twice daily). You don't have to buy those types of toothbrushes either. Just buy regular child sized ones. There's PLENTY of other stuff out there where you can fork over the bucks for the cartoon stuff they want.

yay
UM HELLO!
get your children into good brushing habits!
dont be cheap.
just buy the 99 cents oral b brushes.
if you dont get them into brushig good now,
there adult teeth will fall out.

Trey D.
Rating
Yes, it is a good idea to start building the habit early so that when their permanent teeth come in they will already be used to brushing their teeth. A good electric toothbrush should go for about $10, which is a lot less than the cost of filling one cavity.

clm773311
Rating
They don't need a fancy toothbrush. But it is important that a child gets into the routine of brushing their teeth at least twice a day. That way you won't have to worry about future costs of extra dental care due to the lack of brushing.

BLONDIE
Rating
Your alias is Dad Of The Year, right???

maddie m
Rating
ya their gums could et infected if they don't and that will result in being more painful when they lose them and i is a good habit for when they get older

dawn
Studies show that the #1 predictor for cavities as an adult is how many cavities he/she had as a child. If you don't brush now, you are going to get the kid into poor habits, he/she will have bad breath, increased chances of infections, gum disease and will pass of germs/diseases to you when you share drinks, etc. If nothing else, make the child brush for your own health.
There are live nerves and blood vessels in those baby teeth. When an infection gets into the tooth (from a cavity and not brushing), it hurts worse than most other pains you have known, and it can spread to the eye and make the child blind or even the throat and literally choke the child to death (cellulitis).
Each filling costs between $100-250. You have 28-32 perm. teeth starting at the age of about 12 years old. Those teeth will be your responsibility for 6 years at a minimum. Do the math...
Who in this world would ever want to put the child through so much misery...be a parent, set some guidelines and give the child a chance.

kj
YES, you do. They need to learn healthy dental habits. It's not just for the teeth, it is also for healthy gums.

patchoulii2
~yes indeed~
good hygiene needs to be taught at an early age for many reasons. first of all, tooth decay, can be painful..do u want your kids to be in pain? it can cause all sorts of other health problems as well.do u want your kids to have poor health.
also...u would be teaching them good habits that will last a life time. do u want them to be lazy, and neglectful in hygiene?

missrosie77
Yes! Dental health needs to be taught early on. Just get them a regular toothbrush. Don't take them shopping with you, just buy a brush in their favorite colors and teach them how to brush.

star*of*elo
Rating
yes, although it may not matter now it gives them good habits for later in life, don't make them do it now and they'll think
''hey, my dad never made me brush my teeth, so why should I?''
and, DON'T use listerine! Listerine kills bacteria. the point, I know, but it kills good bacteria which fight plaque and viruses, so you need that backteria. If you bomb a country, you might get rid of the bad people, but you also killed the good. got it? Good. If you want to use some sort of mouth washy thingy then squirt toothpaste in your mouth, add water and shake your head. Almost like the time you made milkshakes, right?

*mRs.GaBrIeL*
*attack of the killer moms. just don't even worry about it. it's not your teeth anyway, who cares*

kaosnklutter
Rating
yes. just because a tooth will fall out anyway, doesn't mean its not painful for your child when they get cavaties because you don't brush their baby teeth. plus if the teeth get too bad someone could call child servies on ya for neglect. sooo yeah...

impurrfect10
Rating
Of course you do. The bacteria in the mouth can lead to other problems as well as bad breath. The gums need the brushing as well as flossing. It also sets up some good habits that hopefully will last a lifetime and save loss of permanent teeth./

grannyzattic
Rating
Some people should not be parent's..... if they don't brush their teeth, they will turn black, rot and hurt like hell. Not to mention the odor that will come out of their mouth which their friends will tease them about.

Buy the .99 toothbrushes for children at any drugstore or better yet take them to the dentist for a check-up and they will get a free toothbrush.

Their teeth don't all fall out at the same time, some don't come out until they are 11 or 12.

Quit being lazy and teach your children good hygiene, if you don't teach it no one else will. I bet they don't take a bath everyday either.

Katrina
Rating
yes.because if they dont,of course they will fall out but you dont want them to have yellow teeth, do you?

Soccer Hooligan
Rating
Yes, they should brush their teeth. If you don't have them brush their teeth now, then when they grow their adult teeth they won't brush them either. You need to teach your cildren that brushing their teeth is good, or they will not brush when they are older, and get rotten teeth.

♥Dr. Holly Girlfriend™♥
No just use listerine ... FINE use the CHEAP listerine

CrazedCatholic
Ye sthey still need to brush. It will get them into the habit of doing it so when they have their adult teeth they won't have to make the transition. And not brushing can cause gingivitus and bad breath.

Rainee S
yes!!!! OF COURSE, even though it is a pain, even if they don't use toothpaste. because if you don't then it might rot all the way through the tooth and rott the permanent tooth also.

askdrwiz
Rating
YES!!!!!!!!!!
Their teeth will fall out eventually but some won't fall out until their 10-12 yrs old. If you don't brush their teeth they could loose them by 4-5 yrs old.

The worst part is the pain. Cavities and tooth problems hurt. They hurt alot. Children are not immune to that pain just because they may not talk about it. They can still have cold sensitivity, sweet tooth etc. and can eventually lead to eating disorders because they are too afraid of the pain to eat right. After the pain goes away (going to the dentist etc) they still may not eat right anymore.

The "not eating right" comes with it's own list of health problems, but is an issue

Lastly some cavities and tooth problems can be life threatening without care. Most weaken the immune system leaving them prone to getting sick more often, and sometimes in extreme cases even making them sick from the cavities.

So brush and floss those little teeth!!!!
Most of the time you can get free toothbrushes from any dentist, even if it's not your dentist if you walked in an asked for a child toothbrush, you'd get one no questions asked.

Lisa the Pooh
Rating
Nah-- just let 'em gargle with turpentine. That'll kill off all the germs...

(ROFLOLOLOLOLOL-- how many people are going to think I am serious...?)

Freeway Ricky Ross
Rating
I'm dialing C.P.S. as we speak...

Italian Soccer God
Rating
ya so they get in the habit so tht when their adult teeth come in they dont have to get use to brushing

Miranda
Rating
Yes because of bacteria! If you don't your child's gums and current teeth can get infected and the teeth underneath can be harmed as well. Plus if your kid gets cavities with the teeth that will eventually fall out the poor kid will be in pain. Teeth are ALIVE and connected to nerves, they are very important even if temporary.

Besides, you need to put them in the habit of it now.

Also mouthwash is good, but in order to clean the teeth and gums better you need to do all the cleaning techniques. Floss, mouthwash, and brushing.

It doesn't matter what mouthwash you use, just as long as you use some. But please keep your child brushing and flossing as well.

3legsofman
Of course you do, twice daily.

Sweet T
Father of the Year Award goes to you!!! Thats what i like to see... A father that actually thinks and cares.. lol..

jr
I'm ashamed to say this ... but since you all don't know me anyway ... my parents never brushed my teeth or showed me how ... my teeth were rotted as a kid. I had constant infections, toothaches and blisters in my mouth as a kid ever since I could remember (4 +).

They brushed their own teeth though. I don't know why they didn't care. They just expected their kids to know everything and take care of themselves right out of the womb.

Thank God for the dental demonstrations they gave us in public school and for getting a new set of permanent teeth later on.

Cheap people should not have kids! Children are gonna cost money!

GypsyWoman
Rating
so you are saying, your clothes are gonna get dirty again anyway, why wash them?

♥ღ.Queenie McCain .ღ♥
Rating
One day when I have about 14 kiddies I will NEVER make then brush their teeth! It is a pure waste of valuable cartoon and video game time! Who needs to brush their teeth..... no my chirrens!!

Dingelbury â„¢
If you want your kids to find strangers on the internet to make out with (and really what kind of parent wouldn't?) then I'd recommend that you continue (or start) brushing them every day, two or three times.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.094
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy