Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Im getting my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow. my dentist is doing it and im going to be awake. does it hurt?
has anyone ever been awake and had their dentist removed their wisdom teeth. tell me your experience. did it hurt?...

What is the best toothbrush I can buy for only $500?
my papa give me only five hundred american dollars to buy myself a good toothbrush. please help me find a good one. thank you so much....

What causes your gum line to recede, and what can be done about it.?

My breath smells like shet what should i do?

What is the best type of toothpaste?

Are my teeth rotten?
So i have a few questions...
In the middle of my front two teeth there are blackstuff, not on my gums but on the actual tooth.
I've had it for a while never bothering to go to the ...

Is it normal for your gums so slight bleed when your flossing
because maybe you pressed down to hard?
Additional Details
is it normal for your gums to slightly bleed when your flossing?***...

Im still scared. tommorow mornings the big day....'wisdoom' teeth?
hi guys

tommorow morning at 7;45 sydney time im scheduled to go under the knife to remove 4 wisdom teeth...

im still so scarred. ....like what if and what if ...you know...like ...

Does a tooth cleaning require anesthesia?

Have you ever had a cavity?

I just had 3 of my teeth taken out 2 hours ago,what am i aloud to eat because im realy hungry?
I'm really hungry because i didn't eat since like 7 hours ago. I had 3 of my molars extracted on 3 different sides and the only side with my mollar still there is the lower right side.What ...

How much does it cost to have wisdom teeth removed without insurance?

Is a Porcelain/Metal Fused Crown Truly Better?
My denist has prescribed a buid up and crown on a back moler that has deteriorated. The way the wrote it up, it is a Porcelein/Metal crown.

However, my insurance will only cover what they ...

I need to know every thing about braces?
Be very specific. Do they hurt? how much? I need to know EVERYTHING about ...

Dental problem please help!!?
My male friend is driving me crazy, the past few weeks he has been getting very bad tooth ache. He is literally crying with the pain. He went to A and E the other morning and they advised him to go ...

When a cavity hurts?
By the time a cavity is causing toothache, how likely is it that you will just need a simple filling rather than anything more complicated like root canal therapy?
Additional Details
I ...

Question about braces?
ok im going to need braces for my over bite. my question is does it hurt bad? does it hurt when its getting put in? do they give you shots in your mouth so it doesnt hurt? and will they give you ...

I am 12 years old and a front tooth lower tooth is about to come out. Is this normal?

I immediately NEED help!?
I have a poly-like sac over the area on my right wisdom teeth. It's a bit tender but it can get painful when you touch it hard.
I only noticed it today, and I'm 12 years old so no ...

Mercury tooth filling controversy ?
Background: Teeth fillings contain mercury. There is disagreement on whether this can cause mercury poisoning. Most medical professionals seem to think it does not.

Mercury poisoning can ...

shanell411
Rotten?Broken Tooth?
I was eating some chicken tonight when part of my upper right tooth the one by my molar broke off! I had been having a bad smell in my mouth for a few days! Anyway it doesnt hurt-however it still has some of the teeth next to it like it was a double tooth and its brown and looks rotten! Up above where it broke off I have a bit of swelling. Do I need to have the tooth pulled?How long can I wait and how much does it cost?

ajrcltmar
Rating
never had mine pulled been like this for years

Tiffany C
Rating
I had that problem once honestly I would get to the dentist ASAP the longer wait the higher chance of infection or even worse absecessing you have, also it will nore costly to fix if you go in now you can do small things with each visit and pay off as you go. sometimes they can save the tooth other times its better to have pulled and replace later or now if you can afford:) hope this helps good luck!

devilsAdvocate
I'll do it for $10 plus expenses.

N S
Rating
You'll need to get to the dentist asap. You already have an infection and you're at serious risk for compromising nearby teeth and gums. If there's infection in your gums, it can easily attack other teeth and you'll need root canals. This can happen very quickly so the sooner you get in the better.

Can't tell you how much it will cost because it sounds like you have a lot going on so you can have some hidden problems the dentist will find on examination.

tjklwe
Rating
its hard to tell until you go to the dentist, but if you do have to get it pulled, anywhere from 60-200 dollars...

ronnny
You should have it looked at. Until you do rinse your mouth with peroxide a few times a day to make sure it does not get infection or start anymore on cavities.

Drew
Most likely you will have to have it pulled. The swelling is caused by an infection of the gums. The dentist will have to drain the gums before performing any surgery. I am not sure how long that will be, but you should contact your dentist immediately. They won't pull it right away. First they will cur the gum, drain it of puss and subscribe you an antibiotic to kill the bacteria before performing any dental work. You may have an option of capping the tooth vice pulling it. However, if you choose to cap it, the cavities must be removed prior to capping. As far as the cost is concerned, I am not sure. If you have insurance, that kind of work should be covered.

max
Rating
I actoully had that once. You need to get it pulled becouse like you said its rotten, and it makes your breath stink. Its not that expensive. But you should serously get it pulled.

Lantern Bearer
Rating
Hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and salt mouth wash. Make it yourself. Then get on down tot he dentist with about $150 and get right. The alternative is a very expensive hospital stay on what seems likely, from the tone of your post, to be on someone else's tab. Baring that a funeral could be in the offing. Maybe you could hook up with the guy looking for the hip-hop scat hipster book and become a killer act.

Not!

Put your computer up on craigslist and get the tooth out!

Lauren L
Oral health is nothing to mess around with. You could easily get an infection. You need to get to a dentist tomorrow. Pulling a tooth usually costs about $100 with the dental visit. Getting sick could cost you a lot more.

Pooka
Rating
A root canal and crown runs about $600 and up. Pulling it...probably $100, but government dental will cover pulling teeth and a bad set of dentures (they'll also pay to fill cavities, but this sounds like it's to far gone).

That's assuming you're American. God bless our toothless lower-lower middle class!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy