Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

How do you stop ur braces from hurting?
i need other advice other than advil and tylenol because i want to know if there are any other ...

Why are my teeth getting deshaped?
my teeth have been deshaping from 9-10 months.one year ego i had both upper and lower teeth line in reguler shape but now they are getting zig zag shape.why are they deforming?and how can i get my ...

Can ice chewing cause hearing problemns?

Which wisdom tooth should i pull out first?
the top left wisdom tooth = only 1/8 of the teeth left but not giving me any pain or problem(its has been dere for months and i still havent take it out)

the bottom right wisdom tooth = a ...

Do You Brush Your Teeth In The Shower?
I just had a co-worker tell me that she brushes her teeth in the shower. I find that somewhat odd. Just wondering how many people do it.
Additional Details
Wow! Most of you that answered ...

I recently changed dentists & the new dentist took x-rays when my old ones were just done 2 yrs. ago. Typical?
Or are they just trying to get more $$ from me/insurance? My old dentist took x-rays every 3-5 yrs. but it seems they are all trying to sell you on cosmetic dentistry, pulling out old fillings to do ...

Wisdom teeth swelling? Help!!!!!!?
My wisdom teeth are coming in and it hurts so bad i want to cry, it hurts when i swallow and eat and my gums and cheek is really swollen i can't even drink water with it hurting. what can i do ...

Has anyone ever tried Crest whitening strips and if so do they work?

How can i make the swelling of an absess go down till i get to the dentist?
i have a absess and i cant get to the dentist till friday, how do i make the swelling go down till than?...

Do you think she'll go for the braces?
I beg my mom for everything and the stuff that honestly I really do want like staying home from school, getting a puppy, taking me places, going out to eat etc. and now I really want and need braces. ...

Should I see my dentist or doctor?
My lower left gums has a big bubble on it. One section of the gum is very inflamed. It's been like this for over 3 weeks now. My first issue was a small white sore on my upper gums. That is ...

Getting a tooth pulled out? hmm?
Getting a wisdom tooth pulled out tommorow and my gum will be numb when its getting pulled? Never been awake before when getting this done so is it uncomfortable? any one with experience would help a ...

What are the differences between NHS root canal treatment and private root canal treatment?
I've got an upcomming appointment with a dentist.
Additional Details
My dentist does both NHS and private treatment, so it'll be the same environment....

What would you do if you found out the person you were dating wore dentures?
Would you feel differently towards them or stop dating them? Serious answers only please....

What is the best way to get ride of gingivitis?
I can't afford to go to the dentist and my gums are really sore. I brush them all the time but they still bleed....

BRACES -- How do I deal?
I'm either getting braces Thursday or next month (big difference right?!?) Well I'm not sure how they'll be because I have a really small jaw. Will they hurt? Ummm and oh yeah, I ...

Does having a tooth extracted hurt?

I grind my teeth while I'm awake.?
I have been grinding my teeth at night for many years and I have a nightguard. I have recently noticed that I've been grinding while I'm awake as well. Is there any way to stop this? I'...

Does having your wisdom teeth pulled out hurt bad?
I have braces right now and my orthodontist said in the future I would have my wisdom teeth pulled out.
But does it hurt?
And does it hurt more then braces, like to the point where you can&...

Getting my braces off what should I expect?
so I'm getting my braces off on august 15!! I'm excited.
But i'm also nervous, what should i expect when they are taking them off? How do they do it? Does it hurt?
Thanks for ...

HELP!
Prevent cavities from growing?
Is there anyway that you can prevent a cavity from growing or possibly making it go? I am scared to death of the dentist, but until i go, is there anyway i can at least prevent it from growing?

Tamara
Rating
No. A cavity is growing decay of your tooth. Getting it filled is the only way to stop it from destroying your whole tooth.

Rurouni Ian
same here. just brush and floss a lot. and use mouthwash too.

Mhmm.♥
just keep taking care of ur teeth, mouthwash daily, and brush them twice a day.

pycosal
Rating
I was recently at my dentist,as I to do not like to go I had to have a tooth pulled,He told me that cavities spread like cancer the only way to stop it is to get them all fixed(filled) because they will just keep spreading to all your teeth then once you are cavitie free its the old answer to brush and floss good for several times a day.

style P
U have to get the existing cavity filled in.. once the decaying process has started it will continue to grow and it will get worst..trust me go get your teeth cleaned every 6 months brush twicw a day and floss daily... this is how u can prevent cavities but since u already have one the cavity can decay the whole tooth which can be more costly in the long run..I work in a dentist office and people are always scared it's ok to let them know... but please go get the tooth taken care of

Dolly
Listen to Tamara. She is right, once a tooth starts the decay, the only way to stop the decay is to see the dentist and have it drilled out and filled otherwise you will end up in allot of pain, going under, losing the tooth, replacing the tooth, and have went broke by then, so fix it now.

sweet7face
Rating
brush and floss your teeth. use mouthwash like Listerine. don't eat a lot of candy.

amelie
the only thing u can do is; brush ur teeth very effectively and often.. if you are young, there is no way to make it grow slowly, but if u r a bit old (above 20)it grows a bit slower.. u can't make it go, forget that.. get over ur fears and go to a dentist.. after the dentist fixes it,keep going regularly, so u won't have to go for cavities&fear that much..

summer(real name)
its called brushing and that is the best way or going to the dentist and him pulling it out or filling it

Dr.Tim
listerine isn't going to help reverse decay.

Only if the cavity is very very small can it be reversed. In these cases you would need to keep it clean, avoid acidic and sugary foods like cocacola, and use a fluoride gel or paste on the tooth. Some dentists suggest placing a smear of toothpaste every night on the area. IF it is a cavity you notice though and you are so scared u havn't checked it out at the dentist, I think that it may be too late for reversal..... don't leave it too long or there won't be much left, or the tooth will become infected and it will be bye bye tooth instead of fixing it.

KB
brush often, stay away from sweets and sodas and sugary drinks. But once it has started, unless you stop eating food altogether, there is nothing you can do to prevent it from getting worse. Please see your dentist. It isn't scary, and you can request general anesthesia so that you aren't awake at all during the procedure.

Sam
I'm just joining in to say I agree with Bouncing Molar, as usual.

Get your cavity fixed as soon as you can. Tooth decay is like rust; it never sleeps.

drummer
Rating
You need to floss daily between your teeth... you need to brush your teeth at least 2x a day. Chew xylitol gum between meals and always keep your saliva flow up.

got_deam_munalla
Rating
brush, floss, and rinse. stay away from sugar.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy