Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Colors!!! (braces)?
I was just wondering what color of rubberbands you think I should get on my braces. It can be as many as you want. BTW I am a ...

Are you suppose to floss your teeth before or after brushing?

How do I tell my boyfriend to brush his teeth?
I met him through myspace and we have met and I realy truely like him even before meeting him, but it appears and smells as though he doesnt brush his teeth. He is 35 years old and should know he ...

So how bad is getting your wisdom teeth out and what can i expect? what's the pain similar to?

If i knock a teeth out,will another one grow?

Additional Details
haha ok ppl no need to add more,first 28 anwsres now 36!!!
Im just making sure that i was right.....

Any advice on how I can STOP BITING MY NAILS??

If a king is gay and marries another guy what is that guy to the royal family?

Im getting my all 4 wisdom teeth took out next week. Im scared to death. Does it hurt? What can i eat?

What else can i use for bad breath other then mouthwash, mints and toothpaste?

Please anser: how much does it hurt to get a tooth pulled?(see details)?
As in a not loose tooth, getting numbing shots injected in your gums, pulling it out and stitching it up? (no tooth growing in under it) awake but numb... please! any pain comparisons?...

What is the best way to cure my bad breath?
My girlfriend is moaning at me and I think I need to do something about it.

I am only 26 and it has just started in the past few months!

Simply brushing my teeth does not work ...

Suggest a trendy name for a dental clinic?
Planning to open a complete oral rehab clinic. searching for trendy name. plshelp me ...

Any tips for a person being scared of the dentist?

How painful is wisdom teeth extraction?
So I went to the oral surgeon today, and I'm going in on the 23rd to get my 4 wisdom teeth removed. I am doing local anestetic, and not getting knocked out for it.

My question is, how ...

Is there a polite way to let someone know about bad breath?
A really nice guy that I just met has terrible bad breath. He seems interested in a relantionship but his bad breath is the only thing turning me off. What options are out there to diminish this? How ...

Do Braces Hurt?

Why my teeths are yellow?
I brush daily but my tooth remain yellow in colour,what is the ...

What is the best painkillers for toothache?

GUM Gum GUM?
Howl ong does your Stride gum last
Additional Details
how long not how l ...

On a scale of 1-10 how bad does a filling hurt?
1 being less pain full and 10 being the most pain full

Is it true that put a shot in your mouth?

I haven't had a filling in forever and i was wondering how it felt...
<...

mr lebowski
On a scale of 1 to 10... How sore is root canal work??
one of my bottom teeth will need either root canal work or to come out completely.... id rather keep the tooth???

Jenny G
Rating

they hurt a lot, but it's worth it. i'd rather go through pain for a while than not have a tooth...

lady T
Rating
10 but it's worth it

feel/the/need/to/fly
Rating
15 if you happen to bite down for the first week and a 10 if you dont bite down.

ILOVEMIFFY
Rating
10 but the pain is a lot higher!!!

mikey
Rating
if you've got a good dentist... you won't feel a thing. You should never feel pain at the dentist. It was very messy, but I didn't feel anything. Once the pain killers start to wear off, then you'll start to feel it and you should make sure the dentist gives you some pills to take home. You'll need them. It'll settle down within 24 - 48 hours.

Oh... most root canals fail well within 10 years. So eventually, it'll get pulled out anyway. So consider having it taken out.

On a scale of 1 to 10.... about a 4. If you don't have any painkillers that evening... then expect an 11.

(it's one of those things that people exaggerate about.. it's not that terrible).

no name killer
Rating

suzanne g
Here in the U.S. about a 6 or 7 at the worst, but you don't feel it because you get adequate pain relief before, during and after the procedure.

Dr Harry W
2 Most of the time just hard to keep your mouth open. Pressure no pain!! DMD here

brentelskan
Rating
In relation to dental work in general or in overall potential physical pain?

Dental work scale only: 7 to 8, depending on your dentist and the method used (modern methods are pretty excellent, but damn, it's still invasive stuff). To get to 10 in my book, they would need to totally botch the procedures and cause severe damages.

Overall potential pain: 3 if you are female and 5 if you are male (child birth weighs a lot here). Whether the canal is good or bad, there's worse pain to suffer and a canal lasts a pretty short while, in the grand scheme of things.

Now, I've had a few extractions recently and those were, surprisingly, not so bad. For dental work scale, I'd put those at about a 3, but my dentist is excellent (and he better be for that kind of money). More important, though, is to see what the differences will be in your dental health when you compare the likely outcomes of each type of procedure. Whichever is the more positive potential, I'd say do that. The dental pain should be relatively short lived when you think of how long you'll be living with your teeth, so always choose the option which gives you the better long-term health prosepects.

Whichever you choose, get it over with, start healing.

bohemian
It's definitely worth keeping as much of the tooth as you can. Having ones on posts is pain in the bum. I have a high pain threshold, always have fillings without anaesthetic, but plumped for the jabs with my root canal treatment. They were the worst thing about it. That and the dribbling afterwards. I recall a few twangs of pain during the procedure, but no pain at all afterwards.
I always think pain which you know is to fix something is much easier to bear than the type of pain you get when you've hurt yourself. Think of it like going to the gym - no pain no gain, and you'll be fine.

mz_neemarie
I know some of these people are over exagerating a little too much. However I do agree with the person who said it depends on your pain tolerance level (which mind is sort of high).

I had a root canal done almost two years ago, and the pain was not as bad as I thought it would be. Actually the only twinge of pain was that damn numbing shot!

And what annoyed me more than anything was the time it took: 1 hour and 15 minutes. I also had a twinge of sensitivity in the tooth for a second, but that went away. I need to have my other molar fixed now!

I litterally didn't have pain afterwards (I was already taking Advil for something else prior to getting the root canal done).

If I were to rate my experience, I would rate it a 4 or 5, but that is based on my experience. Yours may or may not be different.

Lorraine R
I reckon..... from memory.... about a 7

dig diggity dig
Rating
I had a root canal done on one of my front teeth, and it didn't hurt at all...guess it all depends on how good of a dentist you have.

Aden

Veston Pants
Rating
I have had my nose broken twice and muscle spasm headaches for years. Even with the liquid anaesthetic pored into the tooth, root canal work was the most excruciating pain I have ever experienced. Still ... I am glad I kept the tooth.

xxFJ

diamond Lady
Rating
10 and then some!!!!
My other tooth that needed a root canal, i had taken out and bridge work done, pain level for that was about a 1/2

jonal
A few dozen,but don't worry/you'll be drugged down to level one.

H1976
Rating
about 3/10

Nothing is as painful as child birth or a kidney stone and I have had 3 of each.
:o)

Blue
If you go to a good endodontist, it should not hurt at all. They give you plenty of novocaine. Afterwards you can take some painkillers, whatever they recommend. I've had a few root canals. Their reputation is worse than the procedure. You should def try to keep your tooth. Good luck.

sunnys_mom
The root canal is not a painful procedure, I would score it a 3. I suggest if you take Ibuprofen (if not allergic or if it interacts with meds you are taking or have an underlying medical condition) at least twice a day a few days before since it relieves inflammation and swelling, especially after the procedure. First, a root canal entails removing the root and placing a temporary filling and after a few weeks. Second, you return for a prep procedure where they make an impression and prepare the tooth for a crown. Be very careful not to chew certain foods (hard or gooey) on this side because it will remove the prep. Finally, you return for the final seating of the crown. If the tooth on the bottom is a molar you could have it extracted and no one notices (only you and your dentist). Some crowns can last a lifetime, others have to be placed within five to ten years. I do not know if you have dental insurance and what your financial situation is but the root canal is expensive and somewhat time consuming. A tooth extraction is cheaper. Your dentist or endodontist can help advise what is best in this situation, if they're honest. Furthermore, they may offer payment options if you don't have coverage. Ultimately, it is up to you to make that decision, good luck!

princess consuela banana-hammock
2. i have had two root canals, and the only part that really hurt was when they injected the numbing medicine. after that, i didn't feel anything. make sure you have a good endodontist and your experience should be fine.

truthceekr
Rating
a heck of a lot less than the pain the tooth is causing...with the novicaine...the pain is about a 1.5...all you will really feel is pressure.

originalkippyj
Rating
Mine was an upper tooth, but I have a great dentist who doesn't believe in allowing people to suffer. On a scale of 1 to 10, keeping in mind that he gave me a prescription for enough painkillers to last three additional days, I would give it a 2. The most pain I felt was the shots to numb the area, but even those were muted thanks to novocaine rubbed on my gums first.

Umm...the gas was fun, too.

shilliong
Try and save the tooth.they will numbthat area you wil not feel anything .its pricey though

Lifeisgreat!
Rating
I don't mind a root canal as it's just a big filling and your gum and tooth are numb anyway. It's no worse than a filling it just takes longer but not ages.

Rating
How much pain you have is directly related to how high or low your thresh hold of pain is. Some people say that it almost killed them. I had one once in the morning and went to work that afternoon.

raegurl99
1. Seriously I have had two root canals, three full crowns, and other dental work resulting from an injury many years ago. If your dentist is any good, the anesthesia should work well enough to where you just feel pressure and no pain. People make them out to be so awful, but really they aren't bad at all. Just understand that you are going to be there for awhile.

T.
I've had 3 done and they aren't that painful at all, as long as your dentist gives time for the anaesthetic to work. The biggest problem was keeping my mouth open for quite a period of time!! Got a bit of jaw ache from it but well worth it and better than losing a tooth. Good luck

sexypeanut
Rating
I am a dental hygienst...and have had a root canal...and it was a 1 in pain for me....It all depends on how much infection there is in the tooth,..the more infection...the harder it is to FREEZE the tooth....are you in pain?....are you on any pain killers/antibiotics right now..?.if you are ..that should help with the procedure.....the rc treatment itself is like having a filling done...It's the anesthetic part that is uncomfortable at times....think positive, and things will go well..too many horror stories out there, that are over embellished...Take care

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.164
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, October 15, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy