Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

How many times a day u brush your teeth?

Ive got a toothache,i cant get it seen to till monday,does anyone know anything i can do 2 ease it a bit?

Why have brits got such messed up teeth?
tooth brush, now that is a word that limeys should be proud of inventing. never thought of teethbrush did you. god bless the US....

I know its not wise to do but whats the best way..?
.. to remove a tooth without going to the dentist?...

(Guys only) Do you think braces are hot?
I recently got braces and so I wanted to know what guys think....

HELP HELP HELP URGENT i just got a cavity and my teeth really hurt, i dont want to take pill,anyother options?
i just got a filling this morning
i dont like taking tylonal or ibprofen or anything like that unless it's serious

my tooth hurts pretty bad, any suggestions on how to make it ...

Is it safe to use household bleach to whiten teeth?

Anyone stick toothbrushes up there nose ?
I was brushing my teeth on Saturday morning and a friend arrived at my house. I began brushing my teeth faster so that my friend didn't have to wait. My wrist was like a blur as I frantically ...

Will getting my Wisdom teeth removed hurt?
Do they give you General anesthetic for the removal of 4 wisdom teeth? Also, Does anybody know what kind of pain killers will be prescribed when the surgery is over?...

I'm gonna get braces soon? ?
How do they put the braces on and does it hurt?
I hate when dentist dig deep into your mouth it's yucky.
Is there anything yucky about braces?

All braces info is welcome.<...

What happens if a vampire bites somebody with AIDS or Hepatitis?

Should I get anthesisa(sleep) while taking wisdom teeth out or be awake? Have you got it done before?
Have you taken wisdom teeth out? Does it hurt the process? They gave me option of sleeping or being awake.. I was thinking sleeping but I mite get ride after an hour of the surgery being done. I ...

Since my kids teeth are gonna fall out anyway, do I have to let them brush daily?
Those Dora, Sponge Bob, and Diego toothbrushes are VERY expensive.
Additional Details
does it HAVE to be listerine? Or can I use ...

Daughter has toothache with severe jaw pain?
painkillers and other remedies not working more worried bout jaw pain she cant eat properly got worse last 36 ...

My mouth is a bloody mess!?
Is got some bleedin gums...my choppers are perfect otherwise.What ch'all reckon I dew?...

HELP with BRACES??
Okay so I went to the orthodontist on Saturday and he applied a chain to my 4 front teeth, IT KILLS. Please is there anything I can do to stop the pain. My gap is closing but it hurts so bad i feel ...

How often do you visit your dentist?
I go every six months or so, I had a check up this morning and everything was fine again and I don't need any treatment. Do you think it'll be okay to go once a year or should I keep up ...

Braces????
I'm getting braces do they ...

Is it ok to chew sugar free chewing gum with braces?
I know you aren't supposed to chew gum with braces, but what about sugar free gum? Some people have told me that its ok with sugar free though. If anyone has any good or bad experiences please ...

Braces...stressed?
I HATE BRACES i just got them and i cant eat for like a week
i cant even bite down i really stressing and just i hate them

do you have any ideas of what i can eat?...

Gemma
Omfg braces =[?
yea well today i found out i need braces. Thats no shock at all since my teeth are a mess. I am totally freaked out. So can people give me adivce on anything and also if i have to get teeth pulled out can they put me in a nice sleep so i feel nothing?? thnks.

Yorgi
FG damn that's FU that you can use that in a combo any way my friend had braces he said it hurt like hell and you can feel when they pull the wire to pull your teeth together and you bleed like crazy since all your teeth are being adjusted. He had to have 2 teeth pulled because they would not get aligned for **** so that was additional pain the nastiest feeling was when he had to have the roof of his mouth put to sleep, he said the needle felt like it was going to come out his nose and its a big son-of-a-***** it looks all old and prehistoric the anesthesiologist has to use full force to jab it in

?
i dont know...
i have perfectly straight and brilliantly white teeth!
sorry to rub it in

as for the braces- get those clear ones

ABCD
well i have braces, and ive had them for about 5 months, if you get teeth pulled, it isnt that bad they might put you to sleep ,,but if not dont worry they will give you a shot ( it doesnt hurt ) with medicine,,and you cant feel it at all, i got 10 teeth pulled for my braces and i only cried my first time, when i was about 11 or 12 , but braces are good if your teeth are really messed up then you will look better with them like me =)

Donnie
they should be able to put you to sleep and with braces your teeth may hurt so take a tylenol every morning for about a week and also just don't eat foods that our tough or hard

Dville_band_nerd_4ever
Rating
ok well I had a tooth that took forever to come out so I had to get it pulled. the dentist nurses will give you 'laughing gas' and then where the gum is above your tooth they'll numb it with an injection( which really chich nicks you for a sec) and then they pull it out.

now with braces I really can't tell you to much because I've only had mine since june 6th. the first 2 or 3 weeks are probably the hardest, and then for about 4 or 5 days everytime you get your wires changed or braces tightened( IDK how your Ortho does it). Oh make sure that you brush your gums a lot, that way you will decrease your chance for cavities and other disease. chill on the sodas and bruch after you eat( food WILL get stuck in between your brackets and under your wires).

well good luck from a partially experienced person

♥♥vanessasღღbigestღღfan♥♥
i have the same problem

asdf!
Rating
you have to open your mouth alot when they put on your braces, so wear lots of chapstick because they use some kind of heat when putting braces on. i recommend you get your braces on the top first, and next week get the bottom done. Braces really hurt when you first get them, so yeah. (i never had to get any of my teeth pulled out tho...)

Chaos
Rating
hey well i have had my braces now for ten months. When I first got them they hurt like hell. My mouth was sore my teeth were hurting and I had to go on a 3-day soft food diet. I had to eat soups and many other soft foods. I got this colgate or crest stuff from a store. It was a mouth wash. It helped with pain and soreness. If you can't find it just get some warm water and mix it up with salt and swish it around your mouth. It serves the same purpose in reducing mouth soreness from braces. Overall braces are okay when you get use to them it will take about a month or less. Just do what your doctor tells you what to do and you will be fine. DON'T LISTEN TO OTHER PEOPLE'S LIES! BRACES ARN'T BAD!!!!! Oh yeah and they will numb you if they have to pull teeth.

Fable Legend
Well i will tell you one thing, they dont hurt that much i mean you will get used to the pain so quick its like your teeth are being crushed for a quick second but dont be scared they num it to make it more better.

Ambivalence
Rating
It's possible to put people to sleep to get teeth pulled, but really, modern anesthetics are lovely and they can completely numb your mouth for the process so you feel no pain. There are always some small risks with general anesthesia - local is safer, so go with that if you can possibly handle it.

As to braces, well, they're a pain and I didn't enjoy it, but then I like not having my teeth sideways anymore. And it's so great to get them off!

Chelsea Pong
Rating
Well braces don't hurt as much as people say. The only parts that really hurt is when they're first working (when your teeth are being pulled into place) but they give you medicine for that. And also, when you have to get your braces tightened it hurts a little.

btw...if they do have to pull any teeth, they'll give you novacaine to numb your mouth. You won't feel a thing.

[(A_Bad_***)]
Rating
Well...when i got 4 teeth pulled out i was wide awake but i didn't feel a thing but pressure. But if you have to wear rubberbands then wear then because u WILL have to wear the braces longer

HelloJuicy22
Rating
umm well. im kinda in the same position as you.
well actually i am getting invisaligns.
they are clear removable braces and they work just the same. but are so much more pratical. i already ordered them through my orthodontist and they should be here in two weeks!! eeee im excited!!

so if your looking for a more comfortable braces research that!!

Angel b
Rating
well, i'm sort of in the same boat as you. but i need them to make room to get fake teeth put in.
i'm a little freaked out abut the whole situation. i have lots of cousins that have or had braces and they say that it only hurts for a little until you get used to them. and about getting your teeth pulled, it doesn't hurt at all! they numb your mouth with novacane so you don't feel a thing. the only painful part is the shot, but it only hurts for two seconds. hope i've helped. :]

Austin
Before I got braces they had to pull out four of my teeth; good news about that is all of the morphine they fill you up with, bad news after you run out of the morphine it hurts like hell but eventually it will go away. Then with the braces it doesn't hurt when you get them put on but it does hurt when they are tightened.
well good luck

alexi
okay so when they pull your teeth out they usually give you a few shots in your mouth, and thats the worst part really. after that they just tug at your teeth...so you feel pressure but really no pain. (i got 4 taken out in 2 visits)
with braces, the first week it felt like crap, honestly. my lips were chapped and i could barely eat anything. then it gets a lot better and you get used to it.
advice: dont eat popcorn, gum, or sticky stuff unless your willing to spend time cleaning your teeth for 10 minutes. also brush often so that you dont have nasty stuff stuck up there. oh yeah whenever i got them tightened (once ever 2 months i think) it will hurt to eat for 2-4 days.

i just got my braces off 2 days ago and it feels wonderful!! its totally worth it and like you i had pretty bad teeth so i feel like a different person. dont worry about it though, you'll get them off before you know it and be soo happy with the results =]]

get right
Just relax and don't tense the mouth.

Raul
how old are you
check out the site below

darkskinnedxbeauty
It'll be fine. I got my braces July 24 and I had to get wisdom teeth removed 2 weeks before. Then way before that, I had to fill in 12 cavities. It won't hurt a bit but the banding, depending on your teeth situation, will. The spacers will hurt more.

Smofee
i've had several teeth removed before i got braces. it didn't hurt since they gave me laughing gas and numbed it. i've had braces for around 3 years. getting your braces tightened on a scale from 1-10 hurt on a 6. getting braces on are a 8 and they hurt for weeks but it'll be worth it when you have straight teeth.

j dawgy dawg
Rating
i have braces. the only bad part is rubberbands. they stink. but as for getting teeth pulled, no big deal. at all. you get put to sleep unless the tooth is already really loose. then they just pull it really fast. but if its not at all loose, or just a little bit, then your fine. they put you to sleep and life is goooood. =]
and braces REALLY arent all that bad. i've had mine for a year. and they're not badd.
good luckk!

~Atomic~
Rating
Don't worryabout it. Just make sure your pick a good orthodonist. I had braces when I was younger and the orthodonist want to try to fix my teeth without pulling any and i ended up having them for four years and they didn't do me any good. When I moved to Georgia last year I went to a really good orthodonist and he really knew what he was doing and I had to have four teeth pulled. He is a great and very professional. I had to go to a surgen to have the teeth pulled. They give you an opion whether to be gased or they can knock you out! They knocked me out cause I didn't want to know about it! It was over before I knew it and now my orthodonist is saying that I probably won't have to have braces too much longer!! yay! Usually if everything goes well you should have them off in 2yrs! Good Luck!!

fireman sam
at a normal dentist then will normally only numb your mouth up so you cant feel anything... there are special places where you can go which they inject your arm with some stuff which sends you to sleep for the duration of the dental work...

in regards to the braces... on many people they actually look really good (you can now get different colours etc) plus, in a couple years time you will thank your former self for making the effort and wearing the braces, whats a year or 2 in the grand scheme of life...

think how you will feel in 30 years time if you dont have them!

anyhoo, hope i could help, good luck!

jane
I have braces, but I will be taking them off in about 2 months and it's actually not that bad. I had to get 2 teeth pulled out before I could get my braces on. It wasn't that bad, they numb you're mouth so you don't feel the much of the pain. Take care of your teeth well when you do get the braces on, brush after every meal or at least twice a day. Don't eat hard food and candies. Chop everything up nicely before you eat it. Before you know it, you'll be taking off your braces! Good luck.

10th grade boy
Rating
Idk..I am in the same situation!

bgii_2000
Braces are a pain. But they're also gonna save you a lot of pain later on. I had to have a root canal this morning because I didn't follow through with my braces.

Also, take really careful care of your teeth while you have the braces on. They prevent the toothbrush from doing its job, but make it easy for food and bacteria to stay on your teeth.

Braces don't carry the social stigma they did 40 years ago. Tom Cruise wears braces.

OK bad example, but you get the point.

If you're really worried about the look ask your orthodontist about clear or ceramic brackets.

As far as getting teeth pulled, depending on what work needs to be done, the surgeon may or may not put you under general anesthesia. If the teeth are visible on the surface and easy to get to, he'll just use a local (like novacaine or lidocaine) If the teeth are still under the gums and have to be cut out he'll definitely put you under. Either way, you won't feel a thing. If you do, the surgeon will tell you to raise your hand or tap the chair to let him know. He'll make sure you are pain free before continuing. Some people aren't actually in pain but get scared and perceive it as pain. In both cases you can ask for Nitrous Oxide (or N2O) gas. It doesn't take the pain away but it will make you feel relaxed and safe.

mlgable
They do not put you to sleep to pull normal teeth. They will numb you and you won't feel a thing. One thing you do need to do is change your attitude and your language as you omfg is a bit bold for someone who is obviously not 18 yet.

band_books_nerd
Rating
Braces aren't as bad as you would think. I got mine off almost a month ago and I have no regrets. Your teeth hurt for about a week when you get them on and it's hard to bite. Just rip/cut your food into bite sized pieces. Every time you get them tightened they hurt for about 1-2 days. Once again bite sized pieces but usually you can eat whatever you can when they don't hurt. Carry wax with you all the time when you first get them on and when you first get them adjusted but after about a week or until blisters heal. I probably got about 6 or 7 blisters in all and I had fang teeth. Don't eat taffy and be careful with popcorn. Orbit is great for braces as far as not sticking and you'll be fine.

As far as getting teeth pulled, I had 5 pulled because my baby teeth wouldn't come out and although they don't put you to sleep they do numb your mouth. Just don't let the gauze get sopped because if it gets to wet it doesn't work and you'll be fine. If it hurts to bad take an Advil or something.

It'll be fine and retainers come in polka dots!

katiekat_92
i got my braces on about 2 months ago..
they don't put you to sleep.or anything like that.
when you first get them on.it'll feel weird.and it doesn't hurt.
but about 2-3 hours later.you'll feel the pain.and it hurts.
-to me it felt like somebody was pushing on my teeth.

before you go in.
clean your teeth really good.
and take some advil.or something like that.

don't be scared..it'll all be worth it in a year or two.
:]

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.104
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, January 16, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy