Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

How often should i brush my teeth,currently i`m doing it once a week, is that sufficient?

What is the best toothbrush I can buy for $500?
my papa gave me five hundred dollars to buy a tooth-brush. can you tell me what is the best tooth brush I can buy with just this little amount of money?? thank ...

Can anyone tell me the best way to stop my false teeth falling out?
I was having tea with the local vicar the other day. I took a bite of my cucumber sandwich ( cut into triangles with the crust cut off) and my teeth fell out. Oh! The shame i did'nt know where ...

I think I have an absessed tooth, what should I do?
I know I have to go to the dentist, but they scheduled me for july 5th, and I got a headache because of it. What can I do for now? Should I take tylenol or any other medicine?...

Do braces hurt when you first get them?
I'm getting braces soon,and I just want to know what to ...

Cant sleep chronic toothache, any advice?

How can I prevent bad breath?

What type of toothpaste do you use?

Additional Details
thanks for you response.......

Toothache and wont be able to see a dentist till Thursday?
I cracked my tooth sometime in January 2007 (don't remember the exacted day) but it didn't start hurting till a had some peanuts a week in a half ago. Now the pain is nearly unbearable and I...

Anyone else think having toothache is more painful than giving birth?
I've had Endometriosis and given birth twice but nothing compares to the pain when you have an abscess or tooth problem....

How many toothbrushes have you ?

Wisdom tooth being pulled out?
i am getting my wisdom tooth pulled out on thursday and i am pretty damn nervous... i am expecting a whole lot of pain, if so can you tell me your stories with this, how did you cope with it and how ...

R u afraid of going to the dentist?
I am not I personally love it, cause I love my teeth....

If you've had your wisdom teeth surgically removed...?
I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed tomorrow. I'm really nervous about it. My bf told me as many details as he could remember about the process, but his were removed a couple years ago, ...

HOW LONG SHOULD U KEEP A tooth brush?
ok. so plz answer my question. i will choose u for best answer but first im gonna go answer one of ur questions . u give ten points then i give u ur points. my tooth brush is kinda old but i cant ...

Can you over brush your teeth?
If you brush your teeth with a regular toothbrush, and without using toothpaste for about an hour a day, can it damage your teeth or your gums?...

If uve had braces... PLEASE HELP ME!?
tomorow i am gonig to the orthadontist for my "moldinggs" or whatever theere called, for my braces. i was sposed to get my braces three years ago but i am TERRIFIED of vomiting... so i am ...

A few questions about getting wisom teeth pulled??
1. how much does it hurt and for how long?
2. do the pain pills they give you for the pain after the pulling cause nausea?
3. will it cause swelling around my face??! school starts on ...

When is it safe to remove stitches?
I had 9 extractions done under sedation on monday evening (3 days ago ) and im wondering when it is safe to remove the stitches.

i originally thought the stitches would disolve however im ...

How long of a recovery from a root canal?
Should I take the whole day off work, or will I feel alright when I leave the dentist office?...

gaurdianangelic
OO my God, I need some real answers please?
I have to have a tooth pulled and i dont know what is to be done. al i know is that i am terrified!!! i know that i have to get a needle in my mouth, can someone please explain what is to be done and how much pain is involved.

Jazz
I had a tooth pulled.
One DO not look at the needle and two
don't make the mistake of refusing the pain killer!
It's ok it hardly hurts just a slight sting for about 2 seconds then gone, three relax and breath calmly and tell yourself, It's not going to hurt,
Goodluck!
Jazz

Deirdre
DONT PANIC! lol so depending on your dentist..some use a big needle that can look painful some dentists like the one i go to use a teeny tiny thing that looks like a toothpick and i swear you can barely feel it at ALL. and i have had teeth pulled and you think it would hurt but you can barely feel it at all after the numbing trust me your nerves are always worse than what it actually is dont let yur nerves get the best of you.

wreslingfan101999
dont woringits not that much pain aculy the fear is worst then the treatmen i had all my teeth taen out lol but to sdtopp the pain ask for laughin gas it does not cost extra

JO m
Rating
Don't worry about anything,
all they will do is apply topical anesthetic on the injection site to numb you up...so you can't feel the needle.
Do you like Nitrous Oxide? If you get that, it will be alot easier on you...it feels wonderful....Anyway, they will use Lidocaine to numb you up so you can't feel anything, After a few seconds they will go in and do the extraction. Everything will be fine, don't worry.

Michelle
Rating
The needle doesnt really hurt, trust me I'm a drama queen and can't handle pain. The pulling feels a little weird. If the tooth IS NOT COMING OUT after a couple minutes I would ask them to reavaluate the tooth.

unknown
Rating
I had 3 teeth pulled out at the same sitting. I had to get 2 shots on each one. He used a tool like plyers to get them out. It was very painful.

MJane21
I had 4 teeth pull the first time then 7 teeth pull and then braces put on when my mouth was still very soar. after my braces can out then I got my wisdom teeth pull. you be right with only 1 tooth

♥beautyfly♥
O don't worry I went through the same a few years ago and it is not painful at all because they will put anesthetic, injection or something so you won't even notice when it is done.The bad is that you won't have your tooth any more:(

flutterflie04
i have teeth pulled and the dentist had my tooth out before I even thought he was finished numbing it. it was that painless.

Richard15
Ask the dentist to inject the numbing stuff very slowly... it is much less painful that.. I know from experience that it is.

RICHARD

jackdinah
They put some medicine on your gums before they give you the shot. This numbs your gum and you don't feel anything. Don't worry it is not so bad.

no name
Rating
that happened to me before they give u a shot so u dnt feel it dont worry it dsnt hurt at all. well it didnt hurt me and i hope it dsnt hurt u good luck

tye_dyedfan
Rating
I've had 14 teeth pulled, and it's not a big deal. It hurts less than drilling

Jon
They give you hardly any Novocaine, so you can feel most of it, then they cut the side of your gum next to the tooth open to loosen up the tooth and then yank it out with these plier type of things. And if that's not bad enough they shove some more needles in and sew it closed.

Have fun

highloyo
Rating
your mouth will be numb, you won't feel any pain, just the tugging by the dentist. usually a quick procedure.

I_Love_You_13
ok well it didnt hurt me or my sisters because we have all had one tooth pulled but pain is different for everyone so what might hurt one person may not hurt another. For example getting my tooth pulled hurt me but my sister said she could barely feel anything. Just don't worry about the pain won't last forever and wouldn't you rather have pain that last about an hour than have that tooth in your mouth for the rest of your life which may cause pain forever!!

uma
Rating
The needle feels like a pinch then your gum goes numb and you don't really feel the tooth being pulled out. If you wear headphones with your favorite cd playing everything will go super fast.
I had 5 pulled before I got my braces.

Good Luck!

canuck
Rating
Getting your teeth pulled doesn't hurt at all.
Just think of this, isn't it better to have nice teeth and get the bad ones out now before they all go bad? ;)

DisneyLover
well, seriously its no big deal.
I got 8 teeth pulled at one time in the morning and then I went home and took a nap and then at night I went shopping.
I'm guessing the needle is just to numb your mouth.
Since I had so many pulled, they put me to sleep.
So, I don't really know the process of pulling a tooth because I was aslepp, but I do know that it doesn't hurt too severely.
I'm sure you'll do fine.
Good Luck!

prettyinpink
Rating
Well, first of all if you're that nevous about the procedure then you should ask about consious sedation or have the nitrous oxgyen while your ther(that's laughing gas), this will make you more comfortable and lessen the stress of your visit. The doctor place a little something on the gums to numb the first layer of tissue, this is called a topical anesthetic, this takes the sting out of the injection, then he'll use a local anesthetic to numb the tooth and the surrounding area so that you won't feel anything exect pressure. Then before you know it the tooth will be out and you'll feel much better. I had all four of my wisdom teeth out one morning and went to a Cash Money concert that very evening. You'll be fine, GOOD LUCK.

miss_chrissy_dawn
they actually use benzocaine to topically numb the area before the needle is inserted...you will only feel a little pinch when it is and not very much pain...after the anethesia wears off there may be some pain..but take some advil and you should be fine.

?
Just think of the pain that you will in counter if you keep that rotten mofo in your head...The doc will take very good care of you dear. This is what's best...

BIGL
IT ISN'T PAINFUL AT ALL JUST A LITTLE SORE THE SHOT NUMBS IT AND YOU FILL A LITTLE PRESSURE NO BIGGY .

steven
Rating
it depends on which tooth it is and how loose it is. but yes it will hurt the needle dosn't hurt it makes it so you will not feel any pain. but the dentist should give you some pain killers so you will still be ok. In about 2 weeks it will be fine and not hurt at all but everyone is different. the dentist basically gets a pair of plier like things and pulls your tooth out. it is all over really quick. Then the blood comes out. it is not too bad you will live.

taly_marin
Well, darling.....I should advice u one thing first: Definitely you are very very nervous and anxious about it. If you want to help your body being tranquil so the anesthesic can make a good job is to take some tranquilizer before they make the extraction of your tooth. This way you will be more relaxed and this substance even will help to improve the results of the anesthesic.
Ask your dentist to give you some tranquilizer dosis.
After that the dentist should put some local anesthesic in your gum or in the place where he/she will put the injection. They should need to wait around one to three minutes, so the effect of the local anesthesic works. After that they should put the anesthesic with a needle, yes, but you will like if someone has pinched you. Then they will need to wait till they check that the anesthesic has done the work. They shouldn't start before 10 mi nutes after the needle work. That is my opinion. Another thing that helps is to inject a few drops of anesthesic, then waiting around 2 minutes, then injecting slowly the rest of anesthesic, so practically you wouldnt feel anything. But know this: you will remain feeling pressure and the movements that the dentist makes, but that doesnt mean you would feel pain. There are different kind sensors: sensors for pressure, sensors for pain, etc. And the last sensors that get asleep are the ones related to feel pressure, so, dont be panicked if you feel the movements of the doctor or the pressure he does.
Be tranquil....I know you will be ok.
But I also advice you to talk with the doctor first, telling you all ur fears, and if he doesnt seem to be hearing u, then change of dentist.

Good luck.

caz_v8
Rating
Usualy an anaesthetic gel is placed on your gum with the aid of a cotton ball. When your gum in numb enough then the injecyion is given to deaden the nerves surrounding the tooth to be pulled. Use some visualization and relaxed breathing and the tooth will be gone before you know it :) Tell the dentist you are scared too, they will take care of you :)

CAL
Not painful - also they numb your gums so you won't feel the needle. Good Luck!

jdimmitt22
Rating
Your mouth will be so numb you'll think you don't have any teeth at all. It's a breeze.

spud999444
Rating
it really isn't pannful beacause they nom it and they put this pladow stuff in your mouth so it shouldn't hurt

anugooru
Rating
i had my milk teeth pulled it did not hurt me

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, June 11, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy