Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

I need to get dentures. My question is will the dentist pull my teeth?
and put in the new new dentures all on the same day? I just can't stand the idea of walking around without teeth,especially at work....

Dentist NHS?
I've been with my dentist for ten years and suddenly they have decided they are only 'private' from now on and I will have to pay if I want to stay with them. Is this legal?...

Why are doctors, especially dentists so lazy?
I have been to 3-4 dentists recently (in USA) (for a case other than general cleaning) and all they are interested in doing is to take an x-ray and refer me to someone else who repeats the process. T...

How can i have white teeth?
I want white teeth! Im 15. I dont want any treetment or anything. Please tell me if there is any toothpastes or something you would recomend for white teeth!...

Whats the best way to treat ur tooth when u have had it pulled?

What is the best way to whiten teeth?

I have a broken molar, nerve is exposed, what can I take for pain?
I had a molar break off about 5 months ago. I have had non stop pain for almost a week now. I ended up in the er, and they put me on antibiodics. Told me to take advil for pain. That doesn't ...

What does it feel like to have teeth removed?
Tommorrow I am getting 4 of my 2nd to back teeth out because they don't have adult teeth underneth, then the week after that I'm going to have braces put it. I hate injections so much, and ...

What would cause the roof of of my mouth to turn black?
I wear an upper denture, brush my teeth, tongue and gums every day. Got up today, took out denture, it was covered w/black stuff, andso was the roof of my mouth. Any ideas?...

I'm really scared about getting my wisdom teeth out and just thinking about it makes me wanna cry?
Seriously how bad is it REALLY...

My dentist said I HAVE to be awake for it & i'm getting 3 ...

I can't hardly brush my teeth?
without throwing up. Especially when I go to brush my tongue. Is there anything I can do to lessen my gag reflex?...

What tooth paste do u use??
I USE COLGATE I SOMEHOW DONT LIKE CREST.. YES THERE IS OTHER KINDS I KNOW......

How to get rid of coffee/tea stains on teeth?
A home made remedy please... the medical dental way is too expensive. and don't ask me to quit coffee or tea ... no can do ... thatks for smart answers though....

None of them like it?
I just got my braces off and no1 noticed!! either they didnt like it or they didnt ...

Has anyone here ever been diagnosed with TMJ? if so what were some of your symptoms?

How do you know if you will need your wisdom teeth pulled?
Mine are coming in and I am just wondering what reason people get them pulled for. One of them is causing pain b/c it's sharp and is cutting into my gums on the side....

Hi my teeths are yellow wat can i do to make it white im gettin married plz answer my question?

How can i get rid of an abcess without going to the dentist or taking a prescription?

Additional Details
Can I use anything around the house, like Scope, or salt water, things of that nature?...

My teeth r so sensitive!?
I just got my braces a couple of week so that may be why but all of a sudden my teeth r really sensitive! Everytime I drink something cold I get these shooting pains in 1 or 2 of my teeth. They ...

What is the best way to stop pain in a tooth i have a hole in ?
Anyone know ?

I can't afford to have it sorted yet so whats the best thing to do ?...

jusme
No matter what I do I have bad breath. Some one help please!!!?
I have really pretty teeth but my breath is horrible!!! I dont know what else to do! I floss and all that good stuff and still and it is soooo embarrassing!

wantsshy
Do you have tonsil stones? Be sure and gargle with salt water daily and also brush tounge with baking soda twice a day.... But ask doctor if you have tonsil stones

dobby
Rating
are you diabetic or have some other metabolic disorder? my mom was diabetic end stage and her breath had a smell to it, also certain foods can give you bad breath. but if there is nothing like an infection in your mouth or bad food choices then it could be metabolic or digestive problem. see your doctor.

Atom74 - trollin' for cookie
Rating
Scraper is good, mine is pretty awful in the AM. Scraping at night works a lot. Bring a toothbrush in your bag, brush at lunch. Gum is good. It may be bacterial of some sort, may not even be in your mouth at all to be honest. I would talk to a doctor and see what's going on.

NY
Rating
Consider getting a tongue scraper a lot of bacteria lies on the tongue and that should help along with using a good mouthwash. Diet is also a factor as well as this can contribute to bad breath. Best of luck!

Mr Bad Boy
Maybe look to your diet and see if that is the cause.

Aberdeen Tyke
Rating
Try parsley as it soothes the stomach, in addition to all the other answers.

James K
A friend of mine had polyps in his throat which gave him really bad breath.......check with your doctor.

Lisa
Rating
brush your teeth or check for tonsil stones

Shaun the Sheep
Get checked out by the doctor first - some bad breath problems are caused by the digestive system or, as another person suggested, the sinuses.

Things to try include:

Get a water pic - this will clean the teeth and spaces inbetween FAR better than flossing.

Buy a sonic toothbrush - they work much better than a manual or electric one and your mouth will feel great after using one.

Clean your tongue - rub with a brush or buy a scraper.

Quit drinking coffee and spicy food - junk food also contributes to poor digestion. If you smoke then that can cause bad breath as well.

Buy some prebiotic/probiotic capsules from the chemists/drugstore - these will help to get your digestive system back on track.

Drink plenty of water to keep your system flushed.

Use some mouthwash.

Brush your teeth midday as well as morning and night.

You can also buy toothpaste/mouthwash which is specially made to help get rid of bad breath.

L ois
Rating
Good Taste: Top 5 Foods to Prevent Bad Breath
by Marin Gazzaniga for MSN Health & Fitness

Bad breath results from two key issues: oral hygiene and gastrointestinal health. Basically this means that breath odors originate not just inside the mouth but also from your digestive tract. The culprit in both cases is largely bacteria. Doctors will tell you that if you have bad breath, you should first make sure you are eating right (getting a balanced diet of protein, carbs, lots of fruits and veggies and plenty of fluids to keep the GI tract healthy) and brushing and flossing after every meal. But that still doesn’t mean you might not be offending your friends and co-workers after lunch at the new Italian place. Here are some things you can ingest (or chew) that can help.

1. Chew on this. Move over parsley, there are some new halitosis-fighting herbs in town. “Coriander, spearmint, tarragon, eucalyptus, rosemary and cardamom are all good for fighting bad breath,” says Dr. Christine Gerbstadt, who has lectured on oral health. You can chew on fresh herbs or make tonics by steeping them in hot water (as a tea). These herbs make an excellent digestive as well—doubling the benefits of ending a meal this way.

2. Get some active culture. No, not Cirque du Soleil, but yogurt. A recent study found that a serving of yogurt each day reduces the level of odor-causing hydrogen sulfide in the mouth. Apparently it also cuts back on bacteria in the mouth—plaque and gum disease were reduced in the study’s yogurt eaters as well. Plus, the American Dietetic Association (ADA) recommends getting enough vitamin D from yogurt, cheese and milk if you’re worried about halitosis because this vitamin creates an inhospitable environment for bacteria growth. Be sure to get the kind of yogurt with active cultures—not overly processed or sugar-added varieties.

3. Crunchy types. Apples, carrots, celery—basically any fiber-rich fruit or vegetable is your friend when it comes to fighting halitosis. “Inside your mouth, plaque build-up causes odors,” explains Cynthia Sass, ADA spokeswoman and registered dietician. “Eating foods that increase saliva production keep the mouth moist—and rinsed out. Also, many carbs and proteins can get stuck in your teeth—even healthy foods like whole grain cereal or chicken breast.” So follow a meal with a Granny Smith (feel the saliva kick in at the mention of it?) to cleanse the mouth.

4. Masking techniques. Sugarless gum shouldn’t replace brushing your teeth after a meal, but in a pinch it can freshen breath (masking odors) and is another way to increase saliva production to rinse away plaque and bacteria. Mints can mask as well, but only briefly—and go for sugarless. Sugar creates plaque, and no one wants a mint that makes breath worse.

5. High C’s. Eating berries, citrus fruits, melons and other vitamin C-rich foods create an inhospitable environment for bacteria growth. A diet rich in vitamin C is also is important for preventing gum disease and gingivitis—both major causes of halitosis. Get your C in foods, not supplements, which can cause gastrointestinal upset in some, according to Sass, and exacerbate bad breath.

Clark Kent
Rating
How to keep dragon breath at bay means following a good program of dental hygiene and health habits. Always consider professional help knowing that gum problems are the main cause of bad breath, so get checked out by your dentist or hygienist. Drink plenty of water. Avoid having a dry mouth, as dead and dying bacteria and cells, which would normally be swept away by saliva, linger, stagnate and release pungent gases. And be aware that the more you chat, the worse you'll smell. Talking makes your mouth dry, so drink plenty of water. Eat fruit as it not only hydrates the mouth, but also efficiently dislodges the dead and dying cells and bacteria in the mouth that lead to bad breath. Always eat breakfast as morning breath is caused by breathing through your mouth during the night, making it very dry by the time you wake up. The smell will linger if you don't eat and coffee and cigarettes make it worse. Dental floss is also fundamental to maintaining good oral hygiene. Everyone must also know that persistent bad breath may indicate an underlying condition such as diabetes or kidney problems.

Source: http://www.themouthdoctor.com/badbreath/4-badbreathbacteria.htm

Dark Fairy
You may have a sinus infection. Infection in the post nasal space (the back of the throat where the nose connects) will give you awful breath. Lean forward and press your face, near your nose under your cheekbones, and on your eyebrows near your nose. If you have any pain there you should see your doctor.

Even if you don't have pain in those places, if you often get colds or a bunged up nose it may be because you have bunged up sinuses anyway.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, July 31, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy