Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Teeth Problem, What should I do?
I've had a lot problems with teet lately. I recently went to dentist nd was told I have to get 3 Route Canals, each one costing over $1300. I am a sudent and dont have any real money to pay ...

Sore gums?
any cures for sore gums i brush regulalarly and use wash its v uncomfortable!...

What can I eat after 4 teeth pulled. Tired of pudding and soup!?
Due to an auto accident when I was a teen, I lost 7 teeth on the top. Now I am in the process of getting the rest of the top teeth pulled. I'd like to keep to a good diet, but limited to mostly ...

Bad Breath?
Any good solutions to bad breath?
I heard there was a procedure you could do but i'm not sure......

Prevent cavities from growing?
Is there anyway that you can prevent a cavity from growing or possibly making it go? I am scared to death of the dentist, but until i go, is there anyway i can at least prevent it from growing?...

How do you get rid of a cinkersoar?
i think thats how you spell it. Anyways, I got a cinkersoar, its like a coldsoar but on your gums in your mouth, and i just cant seem to get rid of it. (its really gross too) I asked the dentist what ...

Is there a quick way to get rid of a mouth ulcer?
i gotr a really annoying mouth ulcer on my lip and its driving me crazy... i have bonjella but i know that takes a while to actually get rid of it.. anyone got any ideas?...

Gums hurt?
my gums have been hurting me whenever i brush a lot and they bleed too. i floss and brush and use listerine everyday so i have no idea why theyre hurting... any possible explanations/solutions?...

Have you ever had a dentist?
That tells you that they have stopped making appointments for fillings and lets you go with a toothache for over a month?
Additional Details
No not a joke this is what the dentist office ...

What's the best way to stop a horrible tooth ache when u cant get to the dentist anytime soon?

I have a terrible toothache..i cannot touch the second and the third molar on my right side (31,32)?
what should I do..?! I am in the States working for two more weeks, and then I will be back to Italy (where I should meet my dentist)..Would it be better to cure it with ibuprofene 200 twice a day ...

I am getting braces on monday and i was wondering if it hurts. Please some one tell me i am worried.?
please i am worried and need serious answers can some one please help me?...

I am 53 years old and am facing full dentures. I am TERRIFIED! I need to be as informed as possible, therefore
I would like to know the following:ONLY from people who know what they are talking about:
- What kind do you have?
- How old are you?
- How long have you had them?
- Do you ...

My tooth hurts?
When i chew gum , everytime i bite on my right front tooth , it hurts like the whole tooth and the gum....

Teeth whitening?
any sugesstions on which products work the best with the shortest time frame and are the most cost effective?...

How do you stop ur braces from hurting?
i need other advice other than advil and tylenol because i want to know if there are any other ...

Why are my teeth getting deshaped?
my teeth have been deshaping from 9-10 months.one year ego i had both upper and lower teeth line in reguler shape but now they are getting zig zag shape.why are they deforming?and how can i get my ...

Can ice chewing cause hearing problemns?

Which wisdom tooth should i pull out first?
the top left wisdom tooth = only 1/8 of the teeth left but not giving me any pain or problem(its has been dere for months and i still havent take it out)

the bottom right wisdom tooth = a ...

Do You Brush Your Teeth In The Shower?
I just had a co-worker tell me that she brushes her teeth in the shower. I find that somewhat odd. Just wondering how many people do it.
Additional Details
Wow! Most of you that answered ...

ThatsStrange???
Just got all four of my wisdom teeth pulled out any advice?
(Pain magement, control bleeding, swelling etc...)

PreviouslyChap
Stay away from hot or cold foods. You are going to be really sensitive for a while so go towards foods that are lukewarm and don't need a lot of chewing. Apple Sauce, Jello, Pudding, those and Lukewarm soup are your friends.
Keep the four holes clean. Gargle with Salt Water, and swish it around in your mouth, it will help clot off the bleeding. Stay away from alcohol based products like Listerine for the first few days as they will burn.
Brush your teeth very very carefully.
Use Tylenol, but do not exceed 3000 mg a day.....
You can put ice on the outside of your mouth to control swelling.

morgan
i had all 4 of mine pulled at the same time too. i was bleeding like crazy so i had to constantly change the gaws in my mouth. all i can tell you is to take the pain medicine that your dentist gave you and eat soup or pudding. sleep too. the swellling is just going to happen and i found out that others didn't even notice it though i found it so profound. don't drink out of a straw and if you think that you are getting dry socket got back to the dentist immediately!!! best of luck to you. this time will pass and become a distant memory!!

Lake Lover
All I remember is bloody gauze....and --- sore jaws for a month. My sympathies!

?
Rating
All four of mine were impacted and had to be surgically removed. The doctor gave me an extra shot of novacane before I woke up. So I was feeling no pain...sorry to rub it in. Take a otc painkiller that reduces swelling, if the hole is still bleeding place a teabag on it and it will control the bleeding and as for the swelling use an ice pack

I'm surprised your doctor didn't prescribe a painkiller

Katrina
eat ice cream

?
Take drugs are directed, try to sleep as much as possible, do not drink through a straw it causes dry socket, make sure you rinse your mouth out with warm salt water 3 times a day... enjoy your puddings and applesauce and so fourth.. had mine surgically cut out and it hurt something terrible.

watskyd
Rating
ice. 20 minutes on, 20 minutes off for at least 12 hours, and preferable the first day. Helps with all of your parenthetical concerns.

Tara D
Rating
Keep on top of your pain medication. It's important to not get behind on it. Also put ice on your face. The swelling is awful lol. All 4 of mine were impacted. I got home, ate some dinner and threw up because of the gas, but after that I was fine lol. The only real problem I had was with the swelling. Ice works though.

?
Rating
Just follow the directions you were given to prevent dry socket. The pain should go away fairly quickly. I had four out at once and I was miserable the day I had them out, but after that it wasn't bad at all.

yahoooo reject
Rating
Take all the meds and keep your mouth shut....Doesn't a Big Mac With Cheese sound good ????

?
Rating
The best advise is to follow what your surgeon said. Don't use straws, take your meds according to the instructions. I would suggest eating lots of pudding and jello. You would think pasta would be soft, but the first time I tried to eat macaroni and cheese it amazed me how much I chewed pasta. I would say get some protein shakes/drinks as the protien will help provide the nutrients to heal.

Think soft and creamy, like tomato soup and pudding, think fortified drinks like EAS or Ensure for instance.

My wife existed solely on pudding, applesauce and tomato soup for about three days. It isn't easy but you'll get there as long as you don't try to do to much to fast.

luisaus02
Rating
i had my wisdom teeth cut out when i was in high school. for pain i recommend loading up on tylenol. to control the bleeding, as for that it will stop on its own. and the swelling will go down after a while. do not drink out of a straw because it will cause you to bleed. eat ice cream and popsicles. soup is good too, just stick with the liquids for a few days. you will feel better after a while. good luck with everything.

NateTrain
Rating
Clean the area as often as they tell you to, and take the drugs exactly as directed.

Oh, and be cautious when chewing the foods they say you can have.

lucasgw8
I had mine out just a month ago.

The first day is the worst in terms of bleeding. It's important to keep gauze pads in your mouth at least 2/3 of the time. If they soak with blood replace them. Even though you may not want to eat anything, you should have something to eat so your body doesn't breakdown. Have some jello. If you're worried that you're swallowing blood just soak your mouth with gauze pads before eating. As for sleeping, you should be sleeping with some paper towels on your pillow to not get blood or saliva on your pillow.

The pain will get a little worse for the next few days (3 days for me) take the medication prescribed to you by your doctor (no matter what, unless you get an allergic reaction, which shouldn't happen)

The bleeding stopped after the second day for me, and by then you can stop using the gauze pads.

As for swelling, when your gauze pads are gone, you should put ice packs on your cheeks to control swelling, which should appear by day 4.

Of course, follow your doctors directions. You should be visiting him again soon, within 10 days of the operation, to discuss a long-term plan.

Oh, yes...when you can, it's good to rinse out your mouth with salt water (as bad as it tastes, you should start rinsing on the 3rd day to prevent infection)

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.054
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, November 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy