Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Since my kids teeth are gonna fall out anyway, do I have to let them brush daily?
Those Dora, Sponge Bob, and Diego toothbrushes are VERY expensive.
Additional Details
does it HAVE to be listerine? Or can I use ...

Daughter has toothache with severe jaw pain?
painkillers and other remedies not working more worried bout jaw pain she cant eat properly got worse last 36 ...

My mouth is a bloody mess!?
Is got some bleedin gums...my choppers are perfect otherwise.What ch'all reckon I dew?...

HELP with BRACES??
Okay so I went to the orthodontist on Saturday and he applied a chain to my 4 front teeth, IT KILLS. Please is there anything I can do to stop the pain. My gap is closing but it hurts so bad i feel ...

How often do you visit your dentist?
I go every six months or so, I had a check up this morning and everything was fine again and I don't need any treatment. Do you think it'll be okay to go once a year or should I keep up ...

Braces????
I'm getting braces do they ...

Is it ok to chew sugar free chewing gum with braces?
I know you aren't supposed to chew gum with braces, but what about sugar free gum? Some people have told me that its ok with sugar free though. If anyone has any good or bad experiences please ...

Braces...stressed?
I HATE BRACES i just got them and i cant eat for like a week
i cant even bite down i really stressing and just i hate them

do you have any ideas of what i can eat?...

Who likes the dentist?

Getting teeth pulled?
I have to get some teeth pulled because my mouth is crowded. Will the dentist people or whatever they are knock me out? or just numb me?...

If i get braces how long will i have it for??
okay im thinking bout braces but i want to know how long i will have it for and if i will look good with it here is a picture of my teethhttp://i160.photobucket....

How painful is it to get your wisdom teeth out? I am getting my out at 9:15am tomorrow. Any suggestions?

What should I do first, brush my teeth or floss my teeth?
And why?...

About braces...?
I just got my braces. I had one day of 'throbbing' in my teeth. Now my teeth feel fine...are my braces 'still working'? I don't see my denstist for 7 weeks and I just can'...

It is known that anorexia/bulimia sufferers have bad teeth - but do they also have poor nails & hair?
If so, Is the damage irreversible?...

I had a filling in my tooth yesturday and i still can't eat on the side of my mouth i had the filling.?
Is this normal? My tooth did not hurt before i had the filling....

Has anyone had a tooth break while eating coleslaw?

Im sooo scared!Im getting braces!Do they hurt?

Hate how dentist makes small talk while I'm on the chair.?
Okay, I am going to the dentist in about an hour and I had to have this particular one because the man I prefer is booked out. This dentist however makes a lot of small talk, asking me about college ...

How do i get whiter teeth in 1 month??

wakefieldsophie
Ive got a toothache,i cant get it seen to till monday,does anyone know anything i can do 2 ease it a bit?

laurarara
Rating
Put an ice-pack on the side of your face, take paracetamol and ibuprofen, go to sleep.

Secret G
Rating
get some clove oil, ibuprofen always helps alot with tooth pain. Dont have drinks or food too hot or cold! poor you ;-(

Laney H
whisky!!!!

Cain D
Rating
phone your dentist there is normally a message with the emergency out of hours dentist there no more expensive.

rdheadstpchld
Rating
If there is a hole in the tooth...buy some Dr. Dent's toothache gum and after rinsing the hole...fill it with the "gum" it will allow you to function...some. If not take liquid oragel and mix it with ground cloves...make a paste and put it on the area between the tooth and gum. Hopefully this will help. Take lots of advil or asprin and try to sleep.

sassym
Rating
If your in the UK ring the below number and they will orgainse and emergency appointment for you on Saturday or Sunday morning.

0845 080345

annrowe52@btinternet.com
Rating
Oil of Cloves, it very good as is bongela, or ask your local chemist if he can recommend anything,

Steph
if you cant get a hold of any strong pain medication.
Try finding Clove oil. it works very well for mouth pain.

Kylie M
well ibuprofen and clove oil" apply clove oil directly too the place of pain it makes ur whole mouth go numb! taste mank but works as u go completely numb and i dont think u cna over dose on clove oil! you cna buy it form most chemist and maybe even supermarket

Ratowl
I rang NHS direct with toothache and they gave me an emergancy number to ring. It cost me about £15 but they did see me on Saturday morning.

I use oil of cloves from the pharmacist or the strongest painkiller I can find! I am a real wimp with toothache! I hope it clears up fast for you.

Best wishes

Mand P
Rating
Take ibuprofen and then 2 hours later take paracetamol.
As long as each is taken 4 hours apart it is fine.
Oil of cloves is good but it does taste nasty.

jo s
alcohol

Your Best Fiend
Rating
Orajel worked for me.

Blue Kitten
It depends on what is causing the pain, whether it is nerve pain (i.e. from a cavity) or gum pain.

Ibuprofen will reduce the swelling in the gums.
Paracetamol will help with cavity pain.
Orajel/Bonjela are good for instant relief, as is Oil of Cloves - however, Bonjela tastes the best.

NEVER mix alcohol with pain relief medication - bear in mind that alcohol can also increase pain sensitivity.

Check with NHS Direct - you may be able to find an emergency dentist willing to treat you, especially if it is possible that you have an abcess - you will need antibiotics to clear it.

Good Luck, and good dental health!!

quinn1402@btinternet.com
Rating
try clove oil ,paracetomal to ease the pain .or am sure u can phone nhs 24 theve got an emergency line !good luck.

Irish_Galxx
Rating
Oil of cloves -- put oil on cotton ball and pack next to pain or apply a drop directly on the tooth.

Rinse your mouth with salt water at body temperature to control pain. One teaspoon in 8 oz. of water.

xenobyte72
Get a self-hypnosis tape/cd from a bookshop, like waterstones. Play it for an hour when you are on your own. Make sure someone pays a visit after that.

scragette2000
I always got told to gargle in whiskey but I dont think it works.
Try a strong painkiller, try and go to sleep.
Or just get drunk.

Ali K
Rating
Buy some clove oil and put a drop or two on a small peice of cotton wool and dab your tooth with it. If you cant find any clove oil go to an indian grocery shop they will have cloves which you can crush and put on directly. it works. Good Luck

genkilady
i find mild heat a help. or bonjela. take a painkiller and cover the side of your face where the pain is.. sleep on that side it will keep it warm and ease the pain. good luck

Jonny two rods
can't add anything to these great answers, but I feel sorry for you as toothache is a pain, good luck!

r wall
go to a chemist and ask for oil of clove or sumtin like dat, it available over the counter and is like an anasthetic, it'll numb it for bout 15mins and mite have to keep reusing it

i used it wen i had a very bad toothache and it was the best for me , like it worked in seconds

you put it on with a cotton bud dipped into the bottle

channien y
Rating
This is a pretty cool way to do it... Put an ice cube between your thumb and index finger, it will numb the nerves that go directly to your teeth, but you have to do it on the same side that you have the toothache on.

ALLEN B
Rating
Oil of Cloves should help

fivetoze
Rating
make some clove oil...

boil 125g of cloves in 1/2pt of water put lid on and simmer for 1hr, (breathe in the steam) strain and drain, keep the liquid.. let it cool and use it as a mothwash gargle and spit it out.

this is essentially free, and has absolutely no additives. and its 500 times stronger than clove oil they sell at chemist and will numb the toothache for hours at a time... also good for addidnt to tea if youve got a tickly throat...

good old snake oil...

the crusader
Rating
Use Orajel to numb the pain.

Gina M
Rating
try clove oil, that should help or you can get tempory tooth fillings from your pharmacy. you can take paracetamol alongside the clove oil too to help reduce inflamation

Tommy's_Sweet_Girl
take whiskey and hold it in your mouth for a min or so, and then spit it out, its like asprin. Or crush up an asprin and put it on the tooth, it absorb's into the roots, or there is a thing call Red Cross for toothache's in local pharmacy places that you put on a cotton ball and it takes away the pain! Good Luck Toothache's stink!

Aristarchus
Rating
Put an aspirin directly on the place where that tooth meets your gums. Just let the aspirin dissolve there. Don't drink any water until after the aspirin is completely dissolved and gone from your mouth. (Sorry, I know it tastes yucky.) This has worked for me in the past. I pray that it works for you.

AMBER D
Rating
Chew cloves or rub clove oil on the tooth.

Peel and crush a clove of fresh garlic and mix it with peanut butter. Apply it to the aching tooth and keep it there for some time.

Add some lime juice to asafetida (hing) powder. Soak a piece of cotton and hold it on the tooth and gum.

Mix 1 tablespoon of common salt with 1/2 cup of boiling water. Take a mouthful of this water and move it around the aching tooth.

Burn some turmeric (haldi) sticks, make a fine powder and use as toothpowder.

Chew a clove slowly with the aching tooth/teeth to release its juice and leave there for half an hour. Repeat 2-3 times.

Chew a ginger piece slowly with the aching tooth/teeth to release its juice and leave there for half an hour. Repeat 2-3 times.

Drink the juice of 2-3 star fruit twice a day to get relief from the tooth pain.

Boil 5 gram of peppermint and a pinch of salt in 1 cup of water. Drink it to relieve toothache and other pains. You can use peppermint mouthwash.

Pour a few drops of Vanilla extract on the paining tooth.

Pour a few drops oil of oregano on the paining tooth or gum.

Gargle with Listerine Antiseptic.

Chew a piece of ice on the side of your mouth that is aching/paining.

Enough?

achrimsdale
Rating
oil of cloves from pharmacy
eat bread which can temporary fill cavities
whiskey or brandy will numb gums

and of course Paracetomol

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.144
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy