Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Do teeth whitening strips really work? ....If so, which are the best to use?

Is the dentist ripping me off?
So, I went to the dentist the other day and I got my regular teeth cleaning. Then they said that I 'need' sealants on 15 of my teeth. (a clear coat the covers your teeth) because my grooves ...

I went to the orthodontist today...?
..and I got rubber bands attached to my braces and they pull back my front-top teeth and they hurt like hell. How do I get rid of the pain without taking them out (I already took 2 advil and I have ...

I broke my teeth, now what gona i do?
While practicing in nets of Cricket. I have broke my right side teeth.
Its not broken from root, 3/4 part is broken. Now what should i do. I am 19 of age....

Im getting braces on January 8 im scared!?
Please tell me whatever you think will happen? WILL IT HURT???? HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THEM ON???

How to get rid of a toothache?
My wisdom teeth are coming in, and I don't have the money right now to go to the dentist and get anything take ncare of. Anyone know of a good way to help get rid of a toothache?...

Is an 8 year old too young for braces??
My daugher is 8 years old, and has a serious overbite and 2 front teet are BIG. Some kids make fun of her and say she looks like a rabbit. Since she is still losing her baby teeth, l guess it'...

Is root canal treatment painful.im getting it done next week?

My Dentist has changed me from an NHS patient to a private patient. Can he do this?
I had to go for an urgent root canal and the total charge at the end was £200. I was an nhs patient and the dentist still takes on new nhs patients but he told me I'm no longer an nhs patient ...

Wisdom Teeth: Surgery or Pulled?
I've been informed that I need to get my wisdom teeth out; most importantly the top left one in particular is decayed. It's fully in though, due to the fact that I had back teeth pulled ...

How long does it take for dissolvable stitches to dissolve after a dental surgery?
are they better than normal stitches?
Additional Details
how do I know when they dissolve?
I can't really open my mouth to see anything b/c of the surgery......

(living in the UK)I booked an appointment at the dentist and they said ...........?
..they have a place available in october so thats booked, but that is to long, i understand that its very hard to get an early appointment with the issue with the goverment etc, But it is important. W...

What do patients look for in a dentist?
I am a general dentist and want to really help people become more comfortable with coming to the dentist. I would like some input on experiences people have had. What would make your dental ...

My jaw keeps feeling like its popping, what do i do?
It keeps popping and it hurts but I don't know what to do about it to get it to stop. Please help....

If i go to the dentist,will the dentist tell my parents that i smoke?
ok... ive been smoking for atleast about 1 1/2 years and my teeth arent really straight and both of my front teeth are chiped and even the middle is chipped to in between both of my front teeth,yes ...

Dentist is pulling 10 of my teeth tomorrow..?
any words of advice for all the pain I'm to be in?...

I have a crumbling tooth around a large mercury filling...?
and I want this tooth out. OUT. There are no NHS dental places anywhere near me and finances are tighter than a very tight thing on national tight day. Please PLEASE don't say 'oh go to a ...

What are the disadvantages of being a Dental Assistant?
Everyone keeps telling me that I shouldn't become a Dental Assistant. Could someone tell me what's so bad about it....

Who hates going to the dentist and why?
hate ...

I am 27 Years old and I am Getting Braces..Do they Hurt ??
I finally got some good insurance to get braces. I am getting the traditional ones but with white locks so they blend in with my teeth more. What I was wondering is if it hurts to get them put in. ...

Sujiku
It has been 5 days, and where my wisdom tooth was is still bleeding. Help?
Okay... Well, I got my wisdom teeth removed 5 days ago, and my left side seems to be doing fine. I was having trouble with bleeding on both sides, but eventually my left side seemed to heal up. The bottom of my right side, though, is still bleeding. A friend of mine is a dentist and she took a look at it 2 days ago and said and it looked /okay/. But two days later, it is still bleeding! Well, seeping is what my mom calls it. I have tried Warm Salt water, I was told not to use gauze anymore, and teabags haven't helped. It stops for a few hours sometimes, but then proceeds to bleed again. Anyone know what I could do? Today is Christmas, and my mom keeps telling me that I shouldn't worry about it... Easy for her to say! Is this in /any way/ normal? I am not on blood thinners or anything.. It should be healed by now. ):

pbear i
that can take even a couple of monthssssss.

iroc
Rating
Bleeding is not normal and considered an emergency,..get to a hospital ER and let professional take care of you.

mairzeedotes43
Rating
Is it bleeding as much as when 1st extracted? It may just be taking a couple days longer. That side may have needed more work done on it, or the roots could have been deeper.

~Heather~
Rating
call the dentist tomorrow!

Therese R
Rating
Mine did the same thing. My dentist had me put some guaze in and put pressure on it. I did that for about 30 minutes and it stopped the bleeding.
If your dentist friend said there is no problem...that's good because it means you don't have dry sockets.
Try pressure and then avoid eating on that side so it can heal.

tk_kemp
yeah your gonna die of excessive bleeding if it doesnt stop

SINGER...
It sounds to me like your dentist should have sutured (stitched) the area where the bleeding is coming from. Sometimes the hole where the tooth is located is deep and very close to the blood vessels. Right now, the area is still tender and trying to heal, but it won't - not if it's still bleeding. You might want to return to your dentist for some sutures. The stitches will help the healing process and protect the gums and tissues. 5 days is too long to continue bleeding. Call your dentist right away...there is also the possibility that you might have some additional cut or 'nick' bleeding/seeping from inside.

dancingfool229
Well if it is bleeding a little bit then you should be ok. If it is pouring then you need help. Stop worrying so much.

Lyn
This past week I had, what they call tooth # 3 pulled, it is normal to bleed up to 3 days. On my take home instructions, any bleeding over 3 days should be seen again, by the dentist. I would go back.

CAT
go back to the oral surgeon. My son had a large clot that had to be removed and then stitched. It seeped for over a week before he went back.

india
WASH YOUR MOUTH WITH SALT N WATER FOR ABOUT 30 SECONDS ON THE BLEEDING SIDE ,THE SALT WILL STOP THE BLEEDING FAST ..NOTHING WORKS BETTER THEN SALT FOR BLEEDING BUT U GOT TO PUT A LOT OF SALT
. THATS WAT I DO ANY WHERE I BLEED AND IT STOPS ...HOPE IT WORKS FOR U , JUST DO THIS WEN U BLEED , JUST WASH N SPIT N AGAIN WASH N SPIT UNTIL U SEE NO BLOOD IN THE WATER ..N TRY NOT TO EAT ON THAT SIDE FOR THE MOMENT PLUS DID THEY CHECK YOUR LIVER TO SEE CAUSE THATS WAT THEY DO WEN THEY GOING TO REMOVE A TOOTH ,TO SEE IF THE PERSON DOES NOT BLEED A LOT CAUSE DENTIST KNOWS THAT TRUE THE LIVER . TAKE CARE, BY........ INDIA

Nebula D
I'm a dentist.

Maybe you have Christmas Disease....after all, it is Christmas! LOL. (Christmas disease, also known as hemophelia type B, is a coagulative disorder.)

That aside, it depends on what you refer to as bleeding. A slight tinge of blood in your saliva is normal for 2 to 3 days post-operatively. Any more than that is not normal.

At this point, you should go back to your doctor. Chances are that the area is inflamed from food particles or possibly tooth fragments, which can cause prolonged bleeding. Since you're five days out, infection is also something to consider--which is another cause of increased blood flow (and bleeding).

For now, control the bleeding with clean gauze or tea-bags, and see the doctor tomorrow. If you mention that you are still bleeding, you will very likely be seen that day. When our patients complain of post-operative pain, we tend not to take it very seriously. Post-operative bleeding, however, we take very seriously.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy