Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

The youngest?
what would be the youngest age of dentist/orthodontist you would ever let work on you and ...

Whats the best way to whiten your teeth without spending a fortune?

Should I really get my wisdom teeth pulled?
I'm 17 and my mom and my older brother think I should just get my wisdom teeth pulled now so they won't cause problems later. The dentist told me that all four are impacted and since they�...

Do teeth whitening strips really work? ....If so, which are the best to use?

Is the dentist ripping me off?
So, I went to the dentist the other day and I got my regular teeth cleaning. Then they said that I 'need' sealants on 15 of my teeth. (a clear coat the covers your teeth) because my grooves ...

I went to the orthodontist today...?
..and I got rubber bands attached to my braces and they pull back my front-top teeth and they hurt like hell. How do I get rid of the pain without taking them out (I already took 2 advil and I have ...

I broke my teeth, now what gona i do?
While practicing in nets of Cricket. I have broke my right side teeth.
Its not broken from root, 3/4 part is broken. Now what should i do. I am 19 of age....

Im getting braces on January 8 im scared!?
Please tell me whatever you think will happen? WILL IT HURT???? HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THEM ON???

How to get rid of a toothache?
My wisdom teeth are coming in, and I don't have the money right now to go to the dentist and get anything take ncare of. Anyone know of a good way to help get rid of a toothache?...

Is an 8 year old too young for braces??
My daugher is 8 years old, and has a serious overbite and 2 front teet are BIG. Some kids make fun of her and say she looks like a rabbit. Since she is still losing her baby teeth, l guess it'...

Is root canal treatment painful.im getting it done next week?

My Dentist has changed me from an NHS patient to a private patient. Can he do this?
I had to go for an urgent root canal and the total charge at the end was £200. I was an nhs patient and the dentist still takes on new nhs patients but he told me I'm no longer an nhs patient ...

Wisdom Teeth: Surgery or Pulled?
I've been informed that I need to get my wisdom teeth out; most importantly the top left one in particular is decayed. It's fully in though, due to the fact that I had back teeth pulled ...

How long does it take for dissolvable stitches to dissolve after a dental surgery?
are they better than normal stitches?
Additional Details
how do I know when they dissolve?
I can't really open my mouth to see anything b/c of the surgery......

(living in the UK)I booked an appointment at the dentist and they said ...........?
..they have a place available in october so thats booked, but that is to long, i understand that its very hard to get an early appointment with the issue with the goverment etc, But it is important. W...

What do patients look for in a dentist?
I am a general dentist and want to really help people become more comfortable with coming to the dentist. I would like some input on experiences people have had. What would make your dental ...

My jaw keeps feeling like its popping, what do i do?
It keeps popping and it hurts but I don't know what to do about it to get it to stop. Please help....

If i go to the dentist,will the dentist tell my parents that i smoke?
ok... ive been smoking for atleast about 1 1/2 years and my teeth arent really straight and both of my front teeth are chiped and even the middle is chipped to in between both of my front teeth,yes ...

Dentist is pulling 10 of my teeth tomorrow..?
any words of advice for all the pain I'm to be in?...

I have a crumbling tooth around a large mercury filling...?
and I want this tooth out. OUT. There are no NHS dental places anywhere near me and finances are tighter than a very tight thing on national tight day. Please PLEASE don't say 'oh go to a ...

JT
Is this been a bit unreasonable?
I'm 18 and had an orthodontist appointment today at 12:45pm. I got the bus at 12pm. The bus was taking longer than I expected and tried several times to ring and say i was going to be late, but it was engaged. I was only tens mins late, and arrived at 12:55pm, explaining what had happened. The receptionist said i couldn't be seen as the ordontist i was due to see had just gone for her lunch break. (1pm-2pm), and the next earliest appointment she could give me was January 23rd. My last appointment was 2 months ago, when really, you should have a 5/6 weeks break between appointments. Now I have to wait another 2 months. I understand it was my problem I was late, but about a week after my last appointment, they were able to fix me in for an emergancy appointment when they had no availible places, and they were able to let me see someone. (My teeth were going in the opposite direction they were meant too. She said not to worry about it and that she sort them out next time).
Additional Details
So, is it unreasonable that I have to wait 4 months in between adjustments (when they're not even going in the right direction?)?

taffsandy
Rating
I'm with the orthodontist on this one.
Would it be unreasonable of your boss to ask you to reduce your dinner break because someone else was not prepared enough to get in in time to see you at work during the normal working day? Of course it would !
I expect she only had a 30 min break and you were asking her to only have 15 mins.
Unreasonable ! Try it yourself.

Ange
There is a masive shortage at the moment of dentists and the like, it's your fault you were late you should have set off earlier, you could always try phoning every day to try and get a cancellation. Next time get your butt out of bed earlier.

doris
If you are late at my denist you still have to pay, so you got off light

anna
Rating
tell then that you wish to see the practice manager to lodge a formal complaint. explain that when the dentist is running late for your appointment is there any leeway given there

♥Phelps Phan:)
Rating
I do think it is a bit unreasonable, but from my experience I know that orthodontist are terribly busy and have to do a lot of stuff. So even though you think it's a little ten minute difference they think it's huge and they just move on with their lives and have lunch break.... i know it's horrible for you but there are other patients they need to tend for. Sorry if I put it rude because I am not trying to be! Sorry! Maybe a space will open up in their schedule and you can get in before! That happens a lot too!

At least you know not to take that bus again! LOL!

God Bless!

j2j
dont worry about it, lifes too short. Go somewhere else, its there loss

kiteeze
Rating
Just go to another dentist! God! If this is how they treat the people they earn money from, something is very wrong!
They are supposed to be serving and healing. Like all Ist World medical care in this crazy world, it has all been turned upside down. Instead of them being courteous and grateful for having a paying customer, anxious to solve their problems, they just act like a bunch of spoiled celebrities.
Yes, don't forget they are the ones who are important. Please don't cause them undue stress. It might interfere with their game of golf, or buying that villa in the sun.

Debbie B
This sounds like a problem with the receptionist to me. I work in a dental office, and we understand that patients cannot always be right on time. Things happen.
Call them back and ask for the office manager, explain what happened and get an earlier appointment. When at your next appointment, tell the Doctor what the receptionist did to you. The doctor may not know what's going on.

JJ702
Why don't ring in a few days to see if there are any cancellations.

resignedtolife
Yes, I think it's unreasonable. Unfortunately, the people you have to thank are all the inconsiderate people in the past who have not kept their appointments or have arrived very late.

Dr Matt W (Australia)
Rating
It's unfortunate, but if you otherwise have a good attendance record they might have a Standby List they could put you on if anyone cancels. Or you could ring every morning to see if there have been any cancellations.
Dentists/orthodontists expect patients to turn up on time for their appointments or it will make them run late for any following patients, and we have to draw the line somewhere. After a 10 min delay I will sometimes cut back the treatment I had planned, or may cancel the patient for another day. Repeat offenders are not offered any more treatment at all.
It's prudent to turn up slightly early for an appointment. Not only does this give you a good record, but sometimes you may get in early if the dentist/ortho has finished early with the previous patient.
Emergency appointments are just that, and are always filled up by emergencies. Getting the balance right between standard appointments and emergency appointments is a never-ending difficulty.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy