Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Do you eat what you find when you floss?
Disgusting question I know. I was asked this recently....

How bad will a root canal hurt? how many days medical leave will the dentist grant me?
any past experiences? my dentist is telling me that my tooth is already dead, so after the anathestic i shouldn't feel a thing. is he just being nice??...

Extremely scared of been put to sleep using general anaesthetic for submerged tooth taken out can anyone help?
Hi, I have a submerged tooth and the orthodontist has refered me to the hospitol to have it taken out and I'm pretty sure I will be given general anaesthetic and I'm scared out of my whits. ...

What is the best way to whiten my teeth?

What can I say to get my husband to the dentist???
His teeth are nasty!! He hasn't been to the dentist in years (I think he's afraid) But honestly, it's affecting the way I feel about him. I know that's terrible, but his breath ...

Best Way to Whiten Teeth?
I'm looking for a good, over the counter method for whitening teeth. Preferably something relatively inexpensive, as I am a poor college student. What products are the best? Any tried-and-...

Mouth is very smelly,how to solve,always wash,still smell?
my mouth is very smelly,i always wash,but people can not ...

Bloating and constipation after giving up smoking?
Anyone suffered the above?...

Is it bad for your teeth to brush 5 or 6 times a day?

Any tips for toothache?

Tooth problem?
I have had two root canals on the same tooth, still a problem. There is a crown over it now but it still gives me pain from time to time. What should I do??...

Why do i...?
Why do i feel sick when i brush my teeth everytime ?...

Is it possible to regrow your teeth?
I was wondering is it possible to regrow your teeth ...

Can I die from a tooth infection?
I've had an abcessed tooth for 3 years. The gums opened a drain in my gums itself and the pain and swelling came and went several times before finally I had to go to the dentist. I got ...

Is having a root canal painful?

I need dental work but don't have insurance, will dentists accept payments?
I am overdue, by about twenty years, for some dental work and I am at the point were I am starting to look kind of English and the pain is becoming`somewhat unbearable. Will dentists accept payment ...

To the dentist or anyone else out there, is 12 years old a good age to get braces?
i keep getting conficting info, i hear that if you get braces too soon you have to repeat the process all over again. is that true?...

HEEEEEEELP! is this normal?
I just got my wisdom teeth pulled and it hurts A LOT!!!! also, it is bleeding a lot. the bleeding has gone done, but not much. its been about four hours.
what should i do to relieve the pain ...

How to get rid of scars on my teeth from braces?
i have small scars on my teeth from my braces? what is the easiest way to either get rid of them or cover them up?...

Braces trouble?
okay i got braces 5 months ago and i go to my apointment each 2 months but when they put the wire on me the next week the wire is poking me and my cheek rips i need help how can i prevent that not to ...

sweetieshop
Is it true that a tea bag is good for pain in the mouth? My mom had a tooth pulled and her mouth is sore.?
I can't remember if a tea bag was good for an actual "tooth ache" or if it would help her when she already had her tooth pulled out. Anybody know?

crazydragonfly04
When my wisdom teeth were pulled out, the tea bag helped stop the bleeding, but didn't really do anything for the pain. Acetominaphen is the best bet.

Bluewillow
Rating
I believe it is used after the tooth is pulled...there is somthing in the tea bag that draws out the soreness.

Gemelli2
Try the warm salt water technique....or
try dissolving an aspirin in the water instead of salt and then a gentle rinsing...

A "touch" of alcohol for medicinal reasons might not be a bad thing.....if nothing else, it'll help sleeping

Tish
I've never heard of using a tea bag for mouth pain, but chamomile tea is antibacterial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory.

macki4
Rating
yes it does work for some people,worm salt water 2 - 3 times a day do not swallow just rinse, and if she can she should not do any bending or lifting, for a day or to.

brad4ever
This should be funny

InquisitiveDude
Rating
Tea bags are basically good when you have had a tooth pulled out. The tea bag contains tannic acid which is an astringent. An astringent is a substance that causes constriction of blood vessels thus effectively stopping the flow of blood. Hope this helps.

The Bulletproof Monk
Rating
Tea bags are generally recommended when you've had a tooth pulled and you get a dry socket, so it should help her (I got one and it did help). Clove oil is also good. I've always found heat and sleep is the best thing. Beyond that, have her take an ibuprofen painkiller (Advil or Motrin or generic). They are anti -inflammatory and may help with the pain, at least until she can see a dentist.

oceanlady580
yes tea bags are good for tooth , mouth problems but when you have teeth pulled tylenol,advil is good unless the dr gave her something for pain the tea bag is a temp. relief for pain till you get to the dentist

Nicky
QUESTION: 17years ago, I had a fall as a child and broke off my front tooth to the nerve. A tooth was build and only to the past 2years have I had some discomfort. I developed an abscess on my gum and it has grown large over night. I went to the dentist a few months ago and they made an opening in the tooth drained the infection and gave me some antibiotics for 10days. The problem has come back, I need some temporary relief until my appointment with the Doctor in a few days. What home remedies do you suggest? Salt
water, Green tea bags. Please let me know some remedies to get some relief, I have a lot of facial
swelling. Light pain

ANSWER: For quick relief of the pain, take a whole clove and bite down on it or put it between your cheek and gum where the tooth is abscessed. I would think your doctor would get you in immediately for something like this.

bettyboop
The best thing to do with a pulled tooth is to rinse the mouth with warm salt water. Not vigorously though. Just gently. The dentist should have given her something for pain. If he didn't I would suggest taking some tylenol. Extra strength.

ROCKER CHICK
Rating
hunni you can try clove leaves also they work or what i do which may sound strange is i take vick's in the bottle and i rub it on my cheek, the heat actually soothes the tooth....strange but true....

jobug
I have heard that teabags are good for a toothache AND to soothe the place where a tooth was pulled from. They are also good to put over your eyes when you're having a bad headache.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, October 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy