Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

I have a lisp is it because of my teeth?
But I think it is because of my teeth. The set of teeth right next to my front teeth are far back and whenever I talk, my tounge hits the teeth. Lateley people have been callin g me on it and I dont ...

Help with Tooth-Ace?
I seem to regularly suffer quite painful tooth-ace for no apparent reason. I've had the odd month when I've had the pain most Days.
I thought it could of been the amount of sugary ...

Anyone heard of infants teeth turning black in a week? (no cavities, blood tests are fine, doc doesn't even kw
their is no swelling in the gums, doc says everything seems to be "normal" and not to worry yet my son cant stop smacking his head and mouth. At the same time his teeth keep turning darker....

How does it feel to get your braces off?
im getting them off tomorrow.
how does it feel when you get them off?
does it hurt when they pull them?

and afterwards..
is it hard to get used to?
is it really slimy?<...

Is there a natural way to freshen breath?
In addition to brushing and flossing regularly, how can I keep my breath fresh? I chew gum now... but is there a natural food that helps with this.
Please don't suggest mouthwash or ...

Is it safe to remove wisdome tooth?
If wisdome tooth is spoiled,is it safe to remove it?I mean does it cause any harm to brain?...

For anyone who smokes, and drinks coffee?
What brand of toothpaste works best to get rid of the stains caused by smoking and coffee? I brush twice a day, but my current brand does not seem to get my teeth as white as I would like? Anyone ...

I have an abcessed tooth right now?
I have an abcessed tooth my 2nd one went to the dentist and he gave me some antibiotics it is one of my front teeth. But my jaw is so sore and throbbing. Called them and they said that the ...

Teeth problems?
teeth problems i have got a very painful tooth so i put rubbing alcohol and soaked my mouth like i heard that would stop the pain but it maid my mouth swell so now i can't open my mouth very ...

So yesturday i have a tooth removed from inside my gums..?
and it is all swollen and blue.. is that healthy??...

Does braces hurt?

I keep getting sharp pains in two of my teeth it comes and goes like every 5 mins. is it signs of cavities?

Hi, did everyone get there teeth out when they were getting braces?

Would i need braces?
I grind my teeth at night
and my dentist said its because i have three teeth that are uneven
so he said i should go to a orthodontist
however,
he said i prolly woudlnt need braces<...

What is the going rate for a tooth from the tooth fairy ?

Can a filling fall out?
I have a white on my front toot and im worried that it might fall out or something. How durable are fillings and what are the chances of one falling out?...

Does it hurt to get a tooth pulled?
i have to get 4 teeth pulled in order for my teeth to move and my braces to work the right way. im sooooo scared! is it going to hurt?!?!?!?!...

HELP!!! Just got braces what should i do??
PLEASE!! I am in soo much pain!! I need advice!! tips anything!!...

BAD TOOH ACHE !!!! Tried almost all remedies. Any help out there?
I have a tooth ache. Tried almost all home remedies I can find. Can't get into dentist until next week !!!!!!!!!! Jaw starting to show signs of swelling. H E L P !!!!
Additional D...

Does get your tooth filled hurt?
im getting it done on cinco de mayo & i don't want it to hurt!
does your face get swollen or anything?...

sharkinfestation18
Is it possible to get staph inside of your mouth???
my dad has staff right now and i have been tryin to kepp my distance. We cleaned our house really good, too.

One of my wisdom teeth is coming in and its been sore.. but this morning i woke up and there is a huge bubble type thing on the side of my tooth, inside the gum... im takin some of his anti biotics just in case--- but is it possible... and what am i suppose to do???

William H.
Yes anywhere it can get in you. It's bad like that.

Ave L
Rating
I would try washing your mouth out with salt water. (add salt to water, obv.) It's possible, but just wash it out so if it's an infection, it's go away maybe. I don't know what else you're supposed to do. Maybe look it up on Google?

PD
Rating
More than likely your being frightened because your father has it. But, look at it like this:

Staph lives in your nose, were it causes no harm, it is an opportunistic attacker - when it gets elsewhere in your body it can infect, especially if your immune system is stressed.

so, probably not a staph infection, but make sure.

the antibiotics you are taking may be ineffective toward a staph infection - especially the multi-drug resistant kind (rare)

edit

i misread

DO NOT TAKE HIS ANTI-BIOTICS

that is the worst possible thing you could do, and the reason why there is such a thing as multi-drug resistant staph

-now he doesn't have enough to cure his infection - and you are not taking enough to cure the one you may have - not to mention it is probably the wrong dose

Dylanor
It's probably possible... use mouthwash and gargle just in case!

Cribber
Rating
It is possible for certain. But if you are on antibiotics, that is probably the best thing. Actually, the best thing would be for you to get your own antibiotics, he needs every pill of his. Also rinse with salty hot water twice a day, and listerine 3-4 times a day.

jessicar218
Rating
I would recommend seeing your health care physician. Don't take any chances. I have never heard of staph in the mouth, but it probably is possible. I am just getting over staph myself, but mine was on my thigh. The most common places are the thigh, back, butt, and through the nose. It could get into your bloodstream and cause death. I wouldn't recommend taking your dads antibiotics because if it gets worse, you could become immune to antibiotics and this could possibly cause death. But I highly suggest getting checked out by your doctor ASAP!

angee
Rating
yes -definitly. go to the er if you cant see your md.

?
Rating
My dad died of a staph last March. It can kill you if not treated.

trojan
I doubt it but it can be possible. It's probably a mouth sore or you have an abscessed tooth, especially if it's on your gums only.
I'm not sure why you would be taking antibiotics "just in case", didn't a Doctor diagnose the problem and prescribed it or are you taking someone else's meds.

Lisa
You can get staph anywhere there is an opening or cut.
You sound like you have an abscess not staph. Go to dentist ASAP. It will only get worse and more painfull. You can also die from an abscess.

Buddie
Rating
How do staph infections spread?
The cleanest person can get a staph infection. Staph can rub off the skin of an infected person and onto the skin of another person when they have prolonged skin-to-skin contact. Staph from an infected person also can get onto a commonly shared item or surface, and then get onto the skin of the person who touches it next. Commonly shared items include towels, benches in saunas or hot tubs, and athletic equipment - in other words, anything that could have touched the skin of a staph infected person can carry the bacteria to the skin of another person.

How can I prevent myself from getting infected?
MRSA is often spread by hands, which have come in contact with an infected person. Clean your hands and skin often. Avoid prolonged skin-to-skin contact with anyone you suspect could have a staph skin infection. Do not share personal items (e.g. razors, towels, etc.) with other persons and keep your towels, clothes, linens and bedclothes clean. Clean gym and athletic equipment before using. Make sure that pedicure and manicure equipment and supplies have been cleaned and disinfected before use.

What should I do if I think I have a staph skin infection?
If you suspect you might have a staph infection, consult your healthcare provider as soon as possible, because early treatment can help prevent the infection from getting worse. Be sure to follow all the directions your physician gives you, even when you start to feel better. If you are prescribed antibiotics, finish all of the doses because incomplete treatment of staph infections can lead to antibiotic-resistant bacteria.

I would by some Lyosol and spray your hands with it often! Here is more information:
http://inhouse.unt.edu/index.cfm?commentID=591

Helen DDS
Most often, dental infections are strep in origin. Staph only occurs in the form of osteomyelitis. You are covered head to toe with staph albus. It's staph aureus that's a problem. It's really not so easy to get unless you have an open wound or injury. Unfortunately, there's been a lot of media hype on it right now so we're all freaked out. More people die daily from car accidents, but we don't stop driving. Be clean and don't freak. Rinse with warm salt water to help reduce the swelling. Now that you are taking antibiotics, finish the course. If you stop early, you create bacterial resistance. That's how the whole staph thing started.
Get the wisdom teeth out. This is a very common infection around erupting or prtially impacted wisdom teeth

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, December 18, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy