Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Braces Color?????????
should I get clear braces or colored if colored what colors should i do and what should I stay away ...

Does Braces Hurt To Take Out ? ?
My Friend Had Braces I Dunno If I Have To Though But I Heard It Hurts When They Take Them Out , Is This True ?...

Which brand of toothpaste do u use?

I am being a tooth fairy for halloween, how can i make fake teeth to carry around with me?

Braces....Dentist or Orthodontist?
My child needs braces. My dentist does braces and quoted me a price. I went to an orthodontist to get a second opinion. The cost was more, but I was told by the orthodontist that they specialized ...

What can i do to take the pain away?
I have my spacers in and they hurt as hell i cant eat nuthin im hungry i start crying cause i get fustrated can yall help me if you know what to do plaese....

Should i brush my teeth before going to the dentist?
im going for a clean,
its in the tomorrow afternoon at 1600, so i will brush my teeth today night, but after that shall i just leave it cos i wanna get my monies worth
Additional Details

How do you cure being scared of the dentist?

Bad breath problem?
iam brushing my teeth normally every morning, but everyone is complaining my mouth smells bad. i do not use any fresheners. and i want to prevent it naturally as well. what can be some natural ways ...

Wisdom tooth pain ... HELP !?

Additional Details
Impacted. cant have it taken out as root is fused around facial nerves. in agony!...

How come my teeth are so bad?
I'm only 14 but my teeth are really bad. I went to the dentist all the time when I was little, but then we moved house and my mum never registered us with another dentist. I went a few weeks ago ...

Smoking question ???
ok i dont smoke i really dont want to i am almost 17, my boyfriend is almost 18 he does smoke .we makeout somtimes after he smokes does this have affect on me and does it make me have nicotine in my ...

Why is it my 13 year old son has bad breath?

Yellow teeth?
I have yellow teeth. Not really really yellow but, yellow enough to notice. I brush and go to the dentist. But, I don't know what to do. I have tried several different teeth whitening things....

I'm 25 yrs old. is it too late for me to brace my teeth to improve my smile?

How long should you use a toothbrush for?
until it gets unsanitary....

How long should a toothbrush last for?
My toothbrushes usually last 2-3 weeks before all the bristles get frayed. Shouldn't they last longer?...

When my husband eats pineapple he gets little sores in his mouth,what is this?
When he eats pineapple he gets thease little sores inside his mouth, its painfull for him. have you ever heard of this, is he alergic? What can we use to treat this?...

Im getting braces and help!!!!!?
do i have to get my cavities filled before i get braces...........please tell me and fast!! thanks so ...

How can someone get rid of bad breath?
well one of my closest friends has really bad breath like evenb after she brushes her teeth and i really want her to find something to get rid of it because this boy is always taking the mick out of ...

hopeinmusic
Is it possible to get rid of cavities?
I have cavities developing on my back teeth. I didn't take care of my teeth as a child, and now I want to turn around and fix things. How can I prevent further damage (I brush three times a day)? Also, is it possible to get rid of cavities without getting fillings? Thanks :)

sassycassie
yeah they are called dentures!!

sixx_
Nope.

But to ease the pain, dip a cotton ball into whisky or vodka, bite on it and that should help.

Burning Up <3
Rating
nope sorry.

JUST BRUSH BETTER

candy
if you floss everyday and then use mouthwash I never get cavities because I floss then brush then mouth wash then rinse

kaia c
NO..............zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

totallyradmarriedchick
Rating
you can not rid yourself of cavities unless you have them drilled out and replaced with a filling.

preferably silver filling material not the white composite filling- they tend to leak and have to be replaced every three to five years. The silver are cheaper and last much longer in the back teeth.

If you wait too long and let the cavity continue to develop then you are risking the decay to reach the nerve of the tooth then you will need a root canal because the decay will be to deep to fix with a simple filling.

so what could cost 200 bucks or less turns into $800 for a root canal and another $800 for a crown to cover the tooth because once you have a root canal the tooth becomes brittle and you will have to have a crown aka cap.

getting your teeth cleaned routinely by a dentist recommend at least every six months in some case more than that if periodontal(gum) disease is a factor

brushing at home is great but once the soft plaque turns into hard tarter then only a dentist or hygienist can remove with a instrument. plaque turns to tarter in 24 hours of not being removed from your teeth. tarter to decay.

Sam 'Ace' Rothstein
Yes, have your teeth pulled out and replaced with dentures.

evert_lall
Rating
In trouble shooting procedure the first and best thing to do is to get them filled up immediately

dianehaggart
get them filled floss brush you teeth and when you eaten any then sweet swish your mouth with water at least.

Dr. Albert, DDS (UNITED STATES)
Rating
THERE IS NO WAY TO ELIMINATE CAVITIES ONCE THEY HAVE STARTED TO FORM. SEE A DENTIST TO GET RID OF THIS DECAY.

demonicunicorn
I did not take care of my teeth either a a kid no money meant no toothbrush let alone toothpaste. I have paid for that mistake by getting 11 fillings, a crown ontop of a root canel and had to have an extraction done on a tooth my dentist cound not fix I still have not got the artifical tooth installed on my upper right where I need it. I hope you repent of your mistakes before you also getta spend about $6,000.00 on your teeth to get fixed if you do not have medical coverage.

twofourd
Okay, here's the real answer. If the decay has progressed beyond the enamel, then you'll need a filling there. You can remineralize decay that hasn't gone past the enamel on lesions that are between the teeth.

If you can actually see decay on the teeth, then it's deep. If the teeth are hurting, throbbing, keeping you away at night, then be prepared to decide whether to want to have root canals and crowns or have them extracted.

fieryschmoo
Rating
Sorry, no. There is absolutely nothing you can do but see a dentist. After your current cavities are filled, then you will then become the one to prevent anymore damage.

You should do it ASAP. Dental problems can lead to serious health issues.

Emma W
no but you can prevent them by brushing properly and regularly. Also you can talk to your dentist for more ideas.

joulesofaffection
Rating
No!!

Call a dentist and get them fixed!!

Rating
well you would have to go to a dentist for that

taytay w
well, yes you can make things better. brush 4 times a day and floss 5 times, getting rid of cavities is really hard but dont give up. going to the dentist would be best though. take care and things will probably get better.

hobo
you can apply fluoride regularly & the cavities won't get any bigger - go tothe dentist

Deb
Rating
NO...A cavity is decay and it will progress unless drilled out and filled.
It's like a bad spot on a potatoe. It will spread until you cut it away.

Marilyn
nope, you need to have them filled soon. You can use a fluoride rinse to make your teeth stronger

notyou311
Rating
No, a dentist has to fill the cavities. If you don't take care of it, they will get much worse and they could absess which is incredibly painful. See a dentist ASAP.

Mx2
Rating
I hate to be the one to tell you this, but you can prevent the cavity ONLY before it develops. Once it is there, only a dentist can fix it. The sooner you get it filled the better, if you wait it will get bigger and hurt more. So go to the dentist, and start protecting your healthy teeth by brushing and flossing and all that good stuff : )

HeatherS
Sometimes a small area on a tooth will etch out, or get a chalky white appearance just before it starts to decay. You will usually find these in between teeth or on the front of the teeth near the tissue, where the patient just doesn't brush well or floss. If this white area doesn't go through the enamel layers, and is stoped by brushing and keeping it cleaned, then it will recalcify and be fine without a restoration. These teeth we alway keep a watch on as a possible restoration may be needed later. So yes, as in this case, it is possible to get rid of a cavity without a filling. But in most cases they have to be restored. Your Dentist will be the one to tell you if you are a candidate for just keeping the area cleaned to recalcify. To take better care of your teeth now is good, no time is too late. Keep in mind, it's not how many times you brush, it's the amount of time that you do, and how well you do it. Another thing to pick up doing is flossing everyday. Try to add it in along with your nightime brushing and you'll see a difference in your teeth and tissue. Good luck!

Dr Albert must have studied a different dentistry than the dentists I work with or perhaps this slipped his mind. We have quiet a few patients that I've seen first hand with watches on areas that have recalcified as I explained above. Not all Dentist are alike I guess. Maybe he will respond to this. Good luck anyway.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Saturday, August 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy