Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

I am 12 years old and a front tooth lower tooth is about to come out. Is this normal?

I immediately NEED help!?
I have a poly-like sac over the area on my right wisdom teeth. It's a bit tender but it can get painful when you touch it hard.
I only noticed it today, and I'm 12 years old so no ...

Mercury tooth filling controversy ?
Background: Teeth fillings contain mercury. There is disagreement on whether this can cause mercury poisoning. Most medical professionals seem to think it does not.

Mercury poisoning can ...

Alternative to a tongue scraper?!?
I live in a country where tongue scrapers/cleaners aren't available yet. Can anyone give me any ideas what could be used as an alternative?...

What is the most painful procedure you have had done at the dentist?

Why am i scared of the dentist?

Please help me?
i use to have some pretty teeth but all of a sudden my teeth started falle out and everything decaying bad .i had braces on them to have them stratghtn out . but i cannot not understand that could it ...

How can you stop braces from hurting after you just got them?
I kinda don't wanna wait cuz I'm trying to eat and it hurts!!!...

Why does the gum around my teeth bleed when I brush my teeth?

Mouth Ulcers, what causes them and how do you get rid of them?

Which mouthwash color is more effective: blue or yellow/orange?

I WAnt to get some braces to make my teeth prettier..does it hurt!?!!?
iwant to get my teeth some braces becit is not aligned ryt..but do they put some holes on your teeth or some silly things???does it hurt..and will it bring a better SMLE??i hope so00..plssanswers..my ...

Please Help Me?
The past few months after I just moved out of my parents house my teeth have chipped. First was one small one in the front and today one of my lateral incisers chipped. It chipped when I bit down on ...

Advice on getting braces?
I'm getting braces this summer and I need some advice and information...like color choosing....How bad it hurts...How they are put on...etc. Anything you can think of!...

Do braces???...?
ok well this friday i am getting braces... do they hurt?? and do they scratch your mouth?? how do i prevent that form happening?? Also what kind of colors do they have??...

Is it ok to whiten teeth with strawberries?!?
I heard that you can use strawberries to whiten your teeth, but the acid can also damage them...does brushing afterwards compensate for this?...

Really worried about my Mom???
My Mom has to go in to the dentist tomorrow for what she thinks is an abcess on her tooth. I am really worried about her. She is in much pain and I'm at my dad's house right now and don'...

How do I get rid of cold sores and blisters because I've tried everything and nothing seems to work?

How painful is a root canal and how long does it hurt for afterwards?

Why is toothpaste generally mint flavoured?
Is there a medical reason for this or does it just taste fresh?...

*hazel*
Is it normal for your gums so slight bleed when your flossing
because maybe you pressed down to hard?
Additional Details
is it normal for your gums to slightly bleed when your flossing?***

cheesyberry2
Rating
It is very normal. It always happens to me, and even when my dentist does it.

xopurplebabyox
Rating
The first clinical sign of infection is bleeding! The white blood cells in your body are rushing to your gingiva (gums) because bacteria are not being properly removed and are thus causing an infection. This is why your gums appear puffy and swollen. This infection is called gingivitis. If the infection is severe enough, the dentist may give you a Rx for Chlorhexidine Gluconate mouthrinse. (Sensodyne is a toothpaste designed for sensitive teeth, not gums.)
If you have been flossing daily for over two weeks, it is not normal to bleed unless you accidentally cut yourself while flossing. When flossing, gently sea saw the floss in between the teeth. Once the floss is in, try "hugging" the tooth with the floss while gently buffing up and down against the tooth between the tooth and gums. Hope this helps:)

Cat G
If you don't floss that often, then it's perfectly normal. But be a little leery, my brother's gums were bleeding and he had gingervitus.

James
Yea, but it's a slight indicator that your gums might be weak (due to lack of cleaning) or you have a slight case of gingivitis.

You should start mouth washing and floss at the same time.

**REAL**
Yes it is very normal. It happends everytime i floss my teeth. Also i notice a little blood when the dentists floss my teeth. And they never say anything about the blood so it MUST be normal.
And yes it is probaly becuz u push down too hard.

winnefred
ok..well i have very sensitive gums so:

1. u might be flossing too hard

2. u might have sensitive gums (like me)

3. ur gums could not be used to it and they will eventually (usually quickly) get used to the idea of floss

So if its #1 then just give it time doing what ur douing and if ur gums get inflamed just try not flossing so hard...but if ur not flossing hard then it could be sensitive gums....

Which brings me to #2... go to a dentist or use toothpaste like sensodyne. If and when u got to the dentist to check then tell im/her and see what him/her recomends for your gum problem if there is one.

Now for glorious #3..hehe....all u can do is sorta wait this option out..sorry bout that... this is porlly the problem...at least most likely.
Just keep flossing and it shouldn't do that after a while...but if it doesn't stop then try options #1 or #2....

Hope i could help! ... =DD

Cosmo
Yes you must be a new flosser, it's completley normal. Your gums will toughen up.

Soup
Rating
yeah. its perfectly normal. If you hit the gum with the floss in a sensitive area, it will bleed. It just means that that part of the gum is slightly inflammed.

Morgono
Rating
i think it is okay as long as your gums are not very inflamed.

dimpop7
Rating
Mmm...bleeding when flossing is not normal although it is very common. Bleeding is a sign of inflammation. As stated above, if you're flossing an area and it bleeds , it means you need to floss it more. Unless you are using violent force, the bleeding is not from your flossing technique. It just means you have inflammation in that area of the gums, i.e. gingivitis. If you continue flossing the area the bleeding should resolve. Keep in mind the goal of flossing is plaque control.
Cheers.

Shannon!
When you're doing it wrong it is. Remember, don't slide the floss on your gums. It's gonna be painful and make them bleed.

When flossing, go up and down rubbing against the tooth, not the gums because they're sensitive and a lot weaker than tooth enamel.

But, sometimes, you can get a little blood from brushing, which is normal. Flossing...not so much. Just be careful.

But I could be wrong. I'm assuming you floss often. If you don't then, yes. Your gums are just weak. But, if you are a regular flosser, then you're either doing it wrong or it may be a sign of gingavitis. So if you are a regular flosser, disregard these last few lines.
Happy Flossing!

I'm gonna try & be nice
Rating
Well, it is when you first start flossing. However, if you floss daily your gums will "toughen up" and they shouldn't bleed at all.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy