Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

My teeth are blackening what can be done to help rectify this?
I'm 31 and have probably neglected them over the years. I think my dental hygene wasn't such a priority when i was younger. I look young but when i open my mouth they look stained and are ...

Did u use to belive in tooth fairys?

What home remedy can I do for a toothache?
my teeth are mess up and I don't have any good insurance my gums are swollen on one side of my mouth and every time I bend over it feels like ...

The pain is killing me?
I have an abcess tooth and its killing me.I cant afford to go to the dentist and get antibiotics.I was wondering if anyone knew what i could use to ease the pain....

Why am I given antibiotics by my dentist before having a filling done (hip repl. 6 months ago). No heart con
I do not have a heart condition. hip replacement 6 months ...

When do children need to go for their first visit to the dentist?

What is the quickest relief for a toothache unti you can see a dentist?
I mean the quickest way!!!!!!!!!...

Which profession has the highest rate of suicide?
I want to be a dentist, but am afraid I will kill myself. Are there any other professions I should not undertake?...

Who loves dentists?

I have severe toothache and it is almost midnight...?
i have already taken tylenol and two advils but the pain is still there. its almost midnight and i cant sleep... what to do?
also, my insurance doesnt have dental coverage......

I have chipped my top front tooth, can it be fixed?And how?

Braces question? does this really have to be 20 characters long?
How long does it take to notice movement in teeth?...

What does it mean when your tooth turns black?

Whay is meant by blue tooth?

What do u think??(read on, its easy)?
shud i get my natural canines removed and hav them replaced by silverfangs??
Additional Details
Hey, thas a good idea, gray conatcs!!ill go for that too...silver fangs gray contacts..ooh ...

How much money are braces??
my mom is getting her money in the mail for 1500
but i want an estimate of how much to get one tooth pulled, a clear cap on one tooth and full braces top and bottom?
anything appriciated! :)...

Wisdom teeth pain help!?
ok my wisdom teeth are growing in and i know its gonna hurt but like a week of every month it hurts like crazy and i use orajel and that helps for like five minutes, does anyone have any other advice ...

How do i get rid of pain in my teeth?

My tooth is killing me!!!?
I have a molar in the back that is completley rotted down..Theres only bits and pieces of what used to be a tooth left in the gum..It hurts serverly. I cant afford to go to the doctor..My cheek is ...

What can I do about my gap?
I have always had a gap between my two front teeth, other than that my teeth are perfect. It has always bothered me because it makes me feel goofy, and not serious. My smile is weird, like a 6 yr. ...

Ryan A
Is Comet Cleaner Ok on Teeth?
Lol the bottle says removes tough stains, it has bleach in it, and the warning label says if SWALLOWED then just drink water so... how bad can it be?

verm money
Very. That's how bad it can be. But I'm not an expert.......

Miley
Rating
Use the strawberry flavored Comet Cleanser, it works the best

Kristi
are you kidding me? you will damage your enamel which is the part of the tooth that is white--the next layer is dentin which is yellow. crest white strips??????

CINDYLOU
comet it makes you,re teeth turn green.
comet it taste like listerine.
comet it makes you vomit .
so get some comet and vomet today! .

Somes J
Rating
It's poison if you swallow it. And it's probably not good for your gums either.

If you want to whiten your teeth I suggest brushing with baking soda. I've tried it and it's vastly superior to commercial toothpaste, and much safer than brushing with detergent.

crxkate
Maybe you should give it a shot, but id call off work for tomorrow now.

Erin L
Rating
No. No No Try baking soda if you want too. But I suggest Colgate MaxFresh.

georgia_peach
No Ryan it is not okay.

Dr. Albert, DDS (UNITED STATES)
Rating
N0, IT'S BAD TO SWALLOW

SUZI S
...bad enough to cause you the need to have your stomach pumped. Bad idea.

tacomadc
I'd use Crest Whitening Strips! Leave the comet for the bathroom, you could give yourself a serious chemical burn or poison yourself - no joke!

Julien
Rating

No..

coffee4me
I'm really, really glad you asked this question. There is a lot that will go into answering this question, so I will just list them in no particular order.

1. bleach is not safe for human tissue. One reason they say to drink water for accidental ingestion is because it may not be safe to have that person vomit the chemical back up and cause further damage.

2. Let's just say that comet weren't unsafe for your tissue, which it is, it is too abrasive for your teeth and soft tissue. It would cause damage to the gums and the surface of your teeth.

3. The idea of bleaching your teeth (to change the actual shade of your teeth) is appealing to you? Usually teeth are bleached with a carbamide peroxide solution. Never bleach.
Try Crest White Strips, Tres White by Opalesence or have trays made at your dental office.

4. For surface stain (which is different than what carbamide peroxide targets), use a good whitening toothpaste and consider a good electric toothbrush like the Sonicare Elite.

5. If you have been using comet, please call them or poison control for ideas to care for your mouth now. They may know what you can rinse with or what to watch out for with regard to tissue changes such as ulcerations, chemical burns, etc and how to treat those and/or whether or not that is an emergency situation regardless of how good you feel.

Good Luck to you and your mouth....

David C
sure if you want to clean your old tooth collection...i hear its what the tooth fairy uses..but not teeth in your mouth

jbee
Funny....but I'd stick with cleaning the sink.

pandora078
no.....if comet were a safe teeth whitener it would be marketed as such. the directions also probably say NOT to ingest, and to contact poison control along with flushing yourself with water.

Mick P
NO

the crusader
Not a good idea. Comet cleanser contains chlorine. That's something that you really don't want in your mouth.

vickisbirdretreat
Are you for real? LOL.....go ahead and try it but if I were you I would call poison control first. :)

Brian C
Hi,

You can get very useful info related your query from http://www.dentalcareonline.info . The website has highly useful resources on detal care. Check it out! Happy Smiling!!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Monday, September 15, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy