Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Dental floss b4 or after you brush?

I have maggot larva festering in my gums, what do I do to completely get rid of it?
Where I live there is a bad fly infestation, quite possibly from a dead carcus around or under my home. While I sleep flys lay eggs in my mouth and there larva hatches into maggots in and around my ...

What can u eat after getting wisdom tooth removed?
i just got my top left wisdom tooth removed, so far everything is still numb i just took an advil because im getting a headache. And i removed the gauze cause it aint bleeding nomore. Before i start ...

Who grinds their teeth in their sleep?

Getting braces please anwser!!!!!!?
im 15and a guy getting braces tommrow and im a little nervous do they hurt? How do they put them on?and Do i have to be put on a diet. i dont want them i dont want to look like a ...

Tooth extraction problems earlier today?
hey there, i went to the dentist this morning, had 2 fillings a went for a extraction , however, dentist was pulling tooth and its hurt like crazy so he stopped and refused to do anymore as there was ...

Has anybody here had veneers? my son wants them on his front two upper teeth do you think it is worth doing?
his two front teeth are slightly discoloured and as he is 17 he is very aware of his appearance. I think they are not too bad they are lovely and straight just a little off ...

Why is it nessecary for wisdom teeth to be removed?
why are they even called "wisdom teeth"?...

Does everyone have to get their wisdom teeth pulled?
my friend just got there wisdom teeth pulled and they had to have an IV and sticthes!but i really dont want that!how do u know if your wisdom teeth need to be pulled and when do they start coming in?...

Can Wisdom Teeth grow back after being pulled out?

Is it alright for my 2 yr old to chew on ice?

Additional Details
She loves to eat the ice, but I know I did when I was little and now I have sensitive teeth. I'm just wondering what, if anything, it does to her enamel....

Did you ever get a tooth pulled out?
My sister is asking if it hurts when you get a tooth pulled out.Her 2 teeth arent falling out and the one growing in has no room to grow and is causing her pain.There putting this gel on first then ...

What natural remedy can one use for toothache? I have taken some pain killer but it hasnt helped?

Haven't been brushing my teeth in quite some time?
Before I continue, please don't answer with "eww" or "gross" or whatever, it's immature IMHO. Please respect my question and either answer or leave, instead of offending ...

What is better? brushing the teeth BEFORE eating breakfast or brushing the teeth AFTER eating the breakfast??

Tooth pain?
how do i get rid of tooth pain besides extra strength tylenol becuase its not working that well ...... and im going in for a root canal in a few days but its THROBBING!...

Do you think that dental work should be covered by regular health insurance plans?
I don't see why it isn't already. If your teeth get too bad, it can affect your brain. Are there any health insurance plans that include dental, or do you always have to get dental ...

Do you have to go to the dentist for canker sores?

Does braces hurt?
Ok well im getting braces is 4 weeks and im kinda afraid because people say they hurt really bad?,do they?...

Does it hurt to get a cap put on your teeth?
I got a root canal on Friday and am scheduled to have the cap put on Tuesday. The procedure was painless and I actually went to sleep. But what is it like to have the cap put on? Is there pain? What ...

JK
Is Clorox (Bleach) for mouth wash safe?
My dentist recently said to mix 1 teaspoon reg. Clorox with 1 1/4 cups water and rinse with this daily to help stop Gingivitis. Anyone ever heard of this? And is it safe?
Additional Details
Thanks all! I honestly didn't think it sounded like a good thing to do, but I for sure won't try it now...in fact I am going to call him tomorrow and ask him more about why he thinks it's okay to do?

sakjhafg
Rating
i wouldn't think so..

LiarLiarPantiesOnFire
Rating
Yikes!
I have never heard of that! Who is your dentist? Sadaam Hussein?

Maybe someone else will be better help than I am. But I wouldn't advise you trying that method!

Kelli in FL
Rating
NO DO NOT DO THIS!!!! You should never put bleach in your mouth. This will cause serious problems and you could even die. I don't know what in the world that dentist was thinking telling you this. He should not have his license to practice dentistry.

Dr. Albert, DDS (UNITED STATES)
I AM A REAL LICENSED DENTIST AND I WOULD NEVER GIVE THIS ADVICE.
IS IT SAFE? NEVER, EVER EVER.

drewxjacobs
Are you sure he didn't suggest a solution of peroxide and water? That's pretty standard stuff.

robbodabbo2004
Rating
Clorox or something pretty similar is used in the whitening products used today but i don't think it would be a good idea to do it religiously. As a matter of fact it may even cause erosion of your enamel which would make you teeth more prone to decay and sensitivity.

Adventure Man
Absolutely not! You'll burn the living daylights out of the tissues lining your mouth if you do that. Are you sure your dentist wasn't referring to hydrogen peroxide instead? That, I've heard of.

Laura Z
Rating
Absolutely Not!!!!!!!

pursuit_of_happyness
Rating
umm..no, no, and no..i have never heard of this! there are other OTC rinses for gingivitis that you don't have to concoct yourself! i am surprised a dentist would recommend this, with the risk of getting the dosage wrong and having harmful effects..plus, if you're like me, I get bleach on my pants just trying to make mop water!

crystalbbl143
Rating
how about report your dentist and dont even think about putting bleach in your mouth!!!!unless that is u want to die

Dr. Nick
Rating
NEVER EVER put bleach in your mouth!!!!

David
Rating
I would not recommend it, but it is not completely unsafe.

J
Definitely a wrong method to clean your mouth. I'm sure on the bottle description itself did indicated harmful if swallow.

DanKush
Rating
You dentist is an idiot and it trying to kill you.

Looking for America
Rating
I've been doing this for years (per my dentist's instructions), but I put it in the reservoir of my water-pick...

This, with thorough cleaning, cured my gingivitis.

The people answering are ignoring how diluted the bleach is. It's comparable to pool water.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy