Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Any one else had this happen to their teeth?
My great grandad got loose teeth in his 60's and got a whole new set come through, when he died he had a perfect set of natural teeth!
I am hoping this will of skipped a couple of ...

Breath mints; Peppermint, Wintergreen, or Cinnamon? Which brand is the most effective?
Just asking in case I ever do get bad breath. Don't you think it's good to be prepared for the rare but possible?...

How many times a day should you brush your teeth?
Right now I'm at....six....

Could I chew gum with braces?
I just got braces a few months ago. And everyone is telling me to chew gum. But i don't want to have any problems. Should I try chewing it?...

The youngest?
what would be the youngest age of dentist/orthodontist you would ever let work on you and ...

Whats the best way to whiten your teeth without spending a fortune?

Should I really get my wisdom teeth pulled?
I'm 17 and my mom and my older brother think I should just get my wisdom teeth pulled now so they won't cause problems later. The dentist told me that all four are impacted and since they�...

Do teeth whitening strips really work? ....If so, which are the best to use?

Is the dentist ripping me off?
So, I went to the dentist the other day and I got my regular teeth cleaning. Then they said that I 'need' sealants on 15 of my teeth. (a clear coat the covers your teeth) because my grooves ...

I went to the orthodontist today...?
..and I got rubber bands attached to my braces and they pull back my front-top teeth and they hurt like hell. How do I get rid of the pain without taking them out (I already took 2 advil and I have ...

I broke my teeth, now what gona i do?
While practicing in nets of Cricket. I have broke my right side teeth.
Its not broken from root, 3/4 part is broken. Now what should i do. I am 19 of age....

Im getting braces on January 8 im scared!?
Please tell me whatever you think will happen? WILL IT HURT???? HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THEM ON???

How to get rid of a toothache?
My wisdom teeth are coming in, and I don't have the money right now to go to the dentist and get anything take ncare of. Anyone know of a good way to help get rid of a toothache?...

Is an 8 year old too young for braces??
My daugher is 8 years old, and has a serious overbite and 2 front teet are BIG. Some kids make fun of her and say she looks like a rabbit. Since she is still losing her baby teeth, l guess it'...

Is root canal treatment painful.im getting it done next week?

My Dentist has changed me from an NHS patient to a private patient. Can he do this?
I had to go for an urgent root canal and the total charge at the end was £200. I was an nhs patient and the dentist still takes on new nhs patients but he told me I'm no longer an nhs patient ...

Wisdom Teeth: Surgery or Pulled?
I've been informed that I need to get my wisdom teeth out; most importantly the top left one in particular is decayed. It's fully in though, due to the fact that I had back teeth pulled ...

How long does it take for dissolvable stitches to dissolve after a dental surgery?
are they better than normal stitches?
Additional Details
how do I know when they dissolve?
I can't really open my mouth to see anything b/c of the surgery......

(living in the UK)I booked an appointment at the dentist and they said ...........?
..they have a place available in october so thats booked, but that is to long, i understand that its very hard to get an early appointment with the issue with the goverment etc, But it is important. W...

What do patients look for in a dentist?
I am a general dentist and want to really help people become more comfortable with coming to the dentist. I would like some input on experiences people have had. What would make your dental ...

Samantha
I think i need braces, my mom doesnt!
this is what my teeth look like:
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll302/samanthasoroka/Teeth/Project2.jpg
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll302/samanthasoroka/Teeth/Project1.jpg
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll302/samanthasoroka/Teeth/Project4.jpg
my bit is good thats why she think i dont need them, but theres some spaces in them, and its starting to make me self-conscious about my smile.
do you think i need braces?

Devil, Angel of my heart.
Rating
sounds like you'll be getting braces when you can afford to pay for them.

falcon
she is paying for it right? then she is right !

Sarah.x
I dont think you do and even if you did have braces it wont make a huge change.

mae
you could get braces if you feel self conscious about your teeth. It doesn't seem like it is totally necessary for you to get them. Also you have to remember that braces are very painful and you may feel even more self conscious with the braces than you would with just the little gaps in your teeth. I believe that for now you should hold off getting braces because the spaces may close on their own when your jaw finishes growing or your final molars come in (depending on how old you are).

Broke D
Rating
yea u do :(

Lizz
Rating
I don't think it'd be worth it.

αυτυмиιοvєѕγου♡
they really arent that bad and they are really really expensive. if you want them that bad then you better pay for them yourseelf because your mom probably isnt going to change her mind. if youre self-conscious about your smile then just smile with your mouth closed like this

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25285299@N02/2384810038/

socal77
Rating
yes you do, but they are a pain!

mainoffender629
Rating
Your teeth are not bad at all. If you did have an overbite or under bite than you might push for braces. But since you don't have either I wouldn't say you need braces.

Heather
it depends how old you are. if you are young then your teeth are still growing into the proper position. by the age of 20 the dentist will be able to tell you whether or not the position will cause problems to the rest of the teeth and whether or not you need braces. sometimes it is just for cosmetic reasons and not necessary. I work in a dental office and refer a lot of kids everyday to the ortodontist. some need them some don't

mariner31
Looks fine to me... but the opinions that MATTER are your Mom and Your Dentist / Orthodontist.

I cost my Dentist several vacations because I didn't need them.

Figure Skating Martha Stewart
I think there really straight. But maybe you could wear a retainer to make the spaces go away. Talking to a ortho is the best thing. Good luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy