Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

How can you stop braces from hurting after you just got them?
I kinda don't wanna wait cuz I'm trying to eat and it hurts!!!...

Why does the gum around my teeth bleed when I brush my teeth?

Mouth Ulcers, what causes them and how do you get rid of them?

Which mouthwash color is more effective: blue or yellow/orange?

I WAnt to get some braces to make my teeth prettier..does it hurt!?!!?
iwant to get my teeth some braces becit is not aligned ryt..but do they put some holes on your teeth or some silly things???does it hurt..and will it bring a better SMLE??i hope so00..plssanswers..my ...

Please Help Me?
The past few months after I just moved out of my parents house my teeth have chipped. First was one small one in the front and today one of my lateral incisers chipped. It chipped when I bit down on ...

Advice on getting braces?
I'm getting braces this summer and I need some advice and information...like color choosing....How bad it hurts...How they are put on...etc. Anything you can think of!...

Do braces???...?
ok well this friday i am getting braces... do they hurt?? and do they scratch your mouth?? how do i prevent that form happening?? Also what kind of colors do they have??...

Is it ok to whiten teeth with strawberries?!?
I heard that you can use strawberries to whiten your teeth, but the acid can also damage them...does brushing afterwards compensate for this?...

Really worried about my Mom???
My Mom has to go in to the dentist tomorrow for what she thinks is an abcess on her tooth. I am really worried about her. She is in much pain and I'm at my dad's house right now and don'...

How do I get rid of cold sores and blisters because I've tried everything and nothing seems to work?

How painful is a root canal and how long does it hurt for afterwards?

Why is toothpaste generally mint flavoured?
Is there a medical reason for this or does it just taste fresh?...

The best or cheapest way to fill a gap from a missing tooth ?

I am a full time uni student aged 20 livin on my own, am i entilited to get dental treatment on the nhs.?

What o you do first? brushing your teeth or flossing?

600 mg of Ibuprofren.. is this dangerous to take every 6 hrs?
Hi, Im having some extreme wisdom tooth pain.. Im due to have it extracted next week of thursday..
my question is ; Is it dangerous to take ibuprofren 600mg every 6 hrs?
this is what I ...

What will u do if u know u will die tomorrow?

What is better?
what makes more money a nurse or dentist?...

Hot pink and black braces?
im havivg braces on soon carnt wait but will hot pink and black look good for a teen with brown hair and brown eyes !...

Da Bomb Digity
I need to know every thing about braces?
Be very specific. Do they hurt? how much? I need to know EVERYTHING about braces

jill bill
Rating
don't eat spinach!!!!!!!

Edward B
Rating
They are stupid and worthless

♥Olivia♥ [Skandar is my Man!]
Well i have braces and they hurt when they put them on!! And then you will get use to them and you will be fine!! I only have one problem with them i do not like to were the rubber bands they hurt really bad!! Remember this is me not you so it could be differnt for you!!

shahrzad29
getting them is about an hour and the procedure depends on ur teeth but i had horrible teeth and getting braces didn't hurt, having them after a few days were really painful and the very 1st time u tightened them, they do kinda hurt but u get so used to it, and forget you have them. dont worry everyones got them and its NOT that painful. Dont eat hard or gooey things, NO GUM, brush at least 3 times a day after meals and listen to ur doctor for further information. Take my advice and listen to ur doc and you have a beautiful smile after your braces. GOOD LUCK:)

daniel_lover~~!!
Ok, yes they do hurt, they are a sharp pain at first and then it is dull, take tylonol or advil to releve the pain and it should help. For the first few days after gettign them to a week after getting them (depends when it stops hurting bad) you should eat soft foods such as pudding, applesause, icecream, mashed potatoes, etc. When they put them on they use this rubber thing to keep your mouth open for anywhere from 30 min to an hour. They put the glue stuff on your teeth and then put the bracet on they let that set and find the right size thing for the back tooth, these will go on top and bottom back tooth if you are getting braces on top and bottom. They put those in and cut a wire that is long enough to go around but not to poke you. They insert it make sure it will stay and they put the o-rings or elastics on, they will ask you what color you want first. After they put those on they will tell you stuff like what to eat for the first few days, to take pain medicine as needed, to put wax on the bracet or wire that is poking/rubbing you (it may not stick much but here is an alternate, chew sugar free gum and stick it there and re-chew it every few minutes).If there is unbearable pain call your dentist and the average cost is anywhere from $2,000 - $6,000 the cost will depend on how bad your teeth are. Do not miss appointments becaue this will make the time to wear braces longer than originally planned. Remember to brush every day morning and night and if you want after lunch. Use floss and a pick to get food out of your teeth and inbetween bracets. Did I miss anything??

Mac Attack
Rating
Firstly braces should not be used in growing children. We now know that having braces at an early age changes facial features. So if the pereson in question is able to eat, drink and function at a normal level why would you want braces? I think protruding teeth or even crooked teeth make a person more interesting and gives them more character. I am told they can be very painful. I would advise against it, there is no shame in having crooked teeth.

Michael M
I would recommend invisalign.

katie f
Rating
they hurt, theyre alot of work, they hurt, they are worth it

ag591
Rating
They hurt a lot for me the first time! The first two weeks I couldn't eat anything solid because it hurt, but you'll get used to it. Then, after tightening they hurt for about a few days. In the beginning, they might hurt your gums, just put the wax they give you on it. It'll take a while to get used to and there might be pressure, but after a while you'll forget you have them.

x_h0ney
Rating
i've had braces for about 3 years and i got them off last june.i remember when i first got them, they do hurt for the first two weeks or so. so in those one or two weeks - try eating food like soup, apple sauce, jello, ice cream..that kinda stuff so it won't hurt as much.

avoid biting into hard foods like apples or something. always chop them up. don't always eat too much sticky stuff - it could stick to your wires. food tends to get stuck more with braces than without, so always try to rinse off with a drink after you eat.

wires tend to poke and irritate some parts in the mouth, try buying some dental wax to avoid from them from poking.

always try to make it to your dentist appointments. if you cancel sometimes it could delay to when you get them off. &about how long you should have it, it really depends on your teeth. if your teeth aren't THAT bad and just need aligning, probably a year to a year and a half. if its worse probably 2 - 3 or even 4 years.

i hope this helped. these are all the things i did when i had my braces. just don't worry about them too much. i had to live with it for about 3 years and TRUST ME ITS WORTH IT. i love my smile.

mia2kl2002
Rating
Yes, they hurt. Most of the pain is from the hard metal bumps pushing against the inside of your lips and mouth. Sometimes, it hurts when they tighten them and your teeth are moving. You can take ibuprofen or tylenol for that pain, and the wax they give you helps a lot for the bumps against your skin, until you develop tougher skin.

You have to keep them very clean. If you don't have a water pik, I would suggest getting one, because this helps a lot so you don't have to floss quite so often. Flossing takes a long time.

They cost a lot of money, and somebody is paying that, so it is worth your investment of time and work to keep them clean and follow your doctor's advice. Also, the more you follow their instructions, the less amount of time you will have to wear them.

prizzma
Rating
They do hurt a lot but you get used to it. and the pain is only when they are adjusted. but the pain is worth it if you feel that it will make you feel better to have straight teeth.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy