Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

How do I get rid of really bad tooth ache?
I have got really bad tooth ache and have tried Ibuprofen and Paracetamol and it hasn't stopped hurting! How can I lessen or remove the pain?...

What is in front of you that you can't see?

Can dentists tell if you smoke?
I smoke once/twice a week. I was wondering if the dentist would be able to tell. I got one of my teeth removed and there was a hole in it and it was black....

How do I make my braces less noticeable?
I have a really toothy smile, and I just want to make my braces less noticeable! Help me......

Eat toothpaste?
can ...

My 17 year old son will be getting braces soon but he is afraid they will be painful.?
His teeth aren't too, too bad but bad enough. I know every person is different but how long do they usually hurt for until you get used to them?
Additional Details

I'm getting braces in august....?
I know they're hideous but would I be able to pull them off?
http://s72.photobucket.c Also what colour/s should I get? Green ...

"The harder your toothbrush, the better"- is this true?

Can a girl still be attractive with braces? (GUYS ONLY)?

Molding for braces, does it hurt?
I know EVERYONE has asked this question... but Im quite worried tommorrow im getting molding for braces and Im kinda nervous!!! Im Only going into the 7th grade... First of all I gag pretty easy if I ...

Getting My Wisdom Teeth Out!?
I'm getting mine out in a week or so and I'm really freaked out. I'm going to be put under anesthesia but THATS the part i'm scared about. I've never been put under before ...

What can i eat to make me throw up?
UMM....just curious what can you eat that will make you throw up.....i heard that if you eat toothpaste that will make you throup..is that true..and is there anything else that makes u throw up

Bleeding gums?
When my boyfriend brushes his teeth, his gums bleed everytime. He doesnt brush them harshly, but he tries to avoid brushing them as it bleeds. What could this be? Is he lacking some certain vitamins? ...

Is it okey to use a pacifier for the babies?

Wisdom tooth agony hell. help me!!!?
i have an impacted lower wisdom tooth which is pure agony tonight. its growing into my cheek area. nothing takes the pain away and i have all night to go yet!

tablets dont work, bonjela ...

The dentist cut the inside of my cheek?
The cut hurts worse than the tooth he took out.Accually I can't even feel the tooth,just that cut.What should I do to make it feel better?...

I'm a smoker and my gums bleed alot specially at night. what can I do?or add to my diet?

Additional Details
They bleed when I brush them or eat something hard....

Oww! sensitive teeth?
apart from buying sensodyne toothpaste what can i use to stop the damn pain? :o/

ps. dentist says my teeth is ok no cavities
Additional Details

I have always brushed my tongue as well as my teeth, do any of you do this?
It stops bad breath by the way....

What is a natural alternative to toothpaste??
or is it possible to find an all natural tooth paste out there???...

scampy
I,m scared 2 go to the dentist but i really need to go HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?

sarcasticquotemarks
What are we supposed to do? Go for you?

Clyde Banks
Rating
Just think...that big drill drilling into your teeth..and what if the drill slips...blood and bone everywhere..and the pain...oh the pain..lmao...wimp

scragette2000
Ask your friends to recommend 1. Everybody hates them but some arent as bad as others

Melissa
it so dosent matter if ur scared. face ur fears. theres nothing 2 worry about. ask ne 1 recommendments 4 a good orthodontist or dentist. a good trusted friend preferrably. im sure that they can make a good recommendations! good luck!

katbeek
Rating
Ask you doctor or maybe the dentist to prescribe you an anti anxiety medication. My friend has to take valium before she goes to the dentist, they prescribe her 2 pills everytime she goes.
One for 4 hours before and one for right before. You will need someone to drive you there and back though. It does wonders for her.

.♥♥♥♥ lechat_thecat .♥♥♥♥
Rating
maybe have a close friend to go in with you or maybe your mum or dad you may seem like a kid but if you got to see somone important its got to be done

blacksnow0909
don't worry if you get nervous while the doctor is in your mouth just breath through your nose you are going to have to face your fear sooner or later it is better to go to the dentist to treat your teeth so they can be healthy

TG
If you are really scared take someone with you.Ask your friends or family to recommend a friendly dentist.Also explain your fear to the receptionist when you ring up and they will help you.

stevensontj
Dentists are well trained medical professionals. Phone the practice and tell them that you are terrified and they are very good at reassuring you when you go. Nobody likes going to the dentist, but i'd rather put myself through it once a year than have no teeth. Be open about your feelings when you go, they'll do their best to look after you. When it's all over you'll feel so much better.

lillyrose17
Rating
Hi nobody likes the dentist try and find one that deals with nervous patients, this is what i done and dont regret it has made a world of difference.

busola h
i used to be scared too, until i went to a dentist one day in a hospital one day, unfortunately there is a Labour room right next to the dentist... and guess what, while i was there, squirming from the injection, i heard a woman in labour... ever seen that live?? or heard a woman in labour?? think of it, then youll know that the pain from dentist is zilch .. put yourself in a womans place... Thumbs up to all you mothers out there..

quasarguy2003
i have a phobia of dentists as well. But you have to either go or face a toothache getting worse. I ended up with a abcess (spelling) once from holding out on going.....

chrissy
Rating
Hi jacob like you I was terrified but I got an abcesss under my tooth and was in agony because of my fear but I rang my dentist and they gave me a sedative (in my arm) which was painless and when I woke up I had been treated and I didnt know anything about it ,please go they are very understanding..

LEX
Rating
I hate dentist's, i had not been to the dentists up until 5 years ago for something like 23 years!!! My teeth were becoming troublesome i knew i had to go!! The dentist i have now you go once a year, and i can stomach that! Mate you really do have to go, the longer you leave it the worse in the long run it will be!!! My dentist does'nt even give you a jab before a filling!!! MAKE THAT APPOINTMENT OR YOU WILL BE SORRY ( TRUST ME )

reuterk1976
Rating
I was abused by the dentist so I know what u are feeling. Every time they have to sedate me.

Sexy Red
Rating
Hi im also a baby when it comes to dentist it the smell and the fault off going makes you feel sick,be strong and go for it.Good Luck

bouncingtigger13
Rating
Get a good recommendation from someone. I've never enjoyed going to the dentist, but now go regularly - and, luckily, don't ever need to have anything done. It's that first trip that's the worst - you have to confront your fear, or carry on with toothache, and watch them rot in your mouth. That consideration was enough to make me go - there's nothing worse than toothache. Also, take someone with you, whom you trust, and they can keep you distracted before going in. It's the waiting that really winds you up!
Best of luck, and hope you get your trip to the dentist soon.

paddypower69
Rating
i got jumped by a gang a few years back and they smashed my front teeth. But i was so scared of the dentist i just put up with the pain for ages, bearing in mind i also looked stupid with half a set of front teeth. But i plucked up the courage after a while to go and get it sorted. Sitting in the waiting room i was petrified, but once i got in the room and explained to the dentist i was scared, she made the effort to explain to me what she was doing and what i was going to feel! I had to go for a few visits to sort the old gnashers out and now i really don't mind the dentist! Just get up and do it, it really is'nt that bad!!!!

whiteknite
Just till him/her to inject you with a drug-----you won't feel anything

mouse3801
Rating
you have got to listen to me plzzz! I was like you, i had to get all my teeth pulled and let me tell you I never ever felt a thing, I swear on my life if you dont believe now you should. Also my 9 year old son went and had a filling put in and didnt fell anything. He now wants to know when he can go back. you will not feel anything I promise you this!

Cocolocococ
Rating
just go and don't think about it. after 10 minutes it'll be done and you'll be ok for another 6 months

sunflare63
Rating
Its not that scary, I been too many times.
Its best u overcome the fear, just sing a good song in your brain and go right on in and get it over with.
Just relax in the dentist chair, take deep breathes, breath thru bellybutton, close eyes when the dentist tells u to open mouth so no spit will get in your eyes.
It is simple, just go, get it over with and then u will laugh about the fear later.

Pinhead
If you're in pain, speak to your doctor and you may be able to be treated at your local hospital.
Can I add I was in and out in a day!

lea
There are some Dentists that will do conscious sedation. Look in the Yellow Pages they should advertise this. You will not remember anything going this route.

Hawk
you need to just go for it, but make sure you find yourself a really good dentist first. Try to avoid a newly quallified dentist they can be a bit nervous themselves.

OnionSkin
Rating
you need willpower, just do it! it's for your own good!

U B Happy
Rating
I used to have the same problem, now I have no fear of dentists. Be honest about your fear to the dentist; also some dentists specialize in no pain and helping patients with fear problems. You might notice that mentioned in some yellow page ads.

garrye
Rating
The thought of the dentist is usually worse than the actual visit. They are certainly not the demons the are (were) made out to be.

The bizarre twist with dentists is that once you start going ( and provided you brush and floss in between visits) the chances of actually needing anything painful done goes right down. Dentists are all about preventative dentistry now.

They will show you and help you look after your teeth so that subseqent visits are nothing to be afraid of, because the chances are that you will not need anything doing.

Go this once, and follow your brush/floss regime properly, and when you get the all clear the next time, I suspect each subseqent visit will be a less anxious affair.

Good luck, and it is actually a good thing to get into the habit of going.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy