Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

My mouth is a bloody mess!?
Is got some bleedin gums...my choppers are perfect otherwise.What ch'all reckon I dew?...

HELP with BRACES??
Okay so I went to the orthodontist on Saturday and he applied a chain to my 4 front teeth, IT KILLS. Please is there anything I can do to stop the pain. My gap is closing but it hurts so bad i feel ...

How often do you visit your dentist?
I go every six months or so, I had a check up this morning and everything was fine again and I don't need any treatment. Do you think it'll be okay to go once a year or should I keep up ...

Braces????
I'm getting braces do they ...

Is it ok to chew sugar free chewing gum with braces?
I know you aren't supposed to chew gum with braces, but what about sugar free gum? Some people have told me that its ok with sugar free though. If anyone has any good or bad experiences please ...

Braces...stressed?
I HATE BRACES i just got them and i cant eat for like a week
i cant even bite down i really stressing and just i hate them

do you have any ideas of what i can eat?...

Who likes the dentist?

Getting teeth pulled?
I have to get some teeth pulled because my mouth is crowded. Will the dentist people or whatever they are knock me out? or just numb me?...

If i get braces how long will i have it for??
okay im thinking bout braces but i want to know how long i will have it for and if i will look good with it here is a picture of my teethhttp://i160.photobucket....

How painful is it to get your wisdom teeth out? I am getting my out at 9:15am tomorrow. Any suggestions?

What should I do first, brush my teeth or floss my teeth?
And why?...

About braces...?
I just got my braces. I had one day of 'throbbing' in my teeth. Now my teeth feel fine...are my braces 'still working'? I don't see my denstist for 7 weeks and I just can'...

It is known that anorexia/bulimia sufferers have bad teeth - but do they also have poor nails & hair?
If so, Is the damage irreversible?...

I had a filling in my tooth yesturday and i still can't eat on the side of my mouth i had the filling.?
Is this normal? My tooth did not hurt before i had the filling....

Has anyone had a tooth break while eating coleslaw?

Im sooo scared!Im getting braces!Do they hurt?

Hate how dentist makes small talk while I'm on the chair.?
Okay, I am going to the dentist in about an hour and I had to have this particular one because the man I prefer is booked out. This dentist however makes a lot of small talk, asking me about college ...

How do i get whiter teeth in 1 month??

I have bad & crooked teeth, who do I see first?
Should I see the orthodontist first or the dentist first?
My teeth are in bad condition and they're also crooked, havent seen a dentist in 10years
I thought I'll confront my ...

I know that eating too much toothpaste can be fatal, but how much is too much?

Additional Details
I don't have an obsession with toothpaste, I have a perfectly normal relationship with toothpaste. I do, ...

wigan.ath.fan@btinte...
I know its not wise to do but whats the best way..?
.. to remove a tooth without going to the dentist?

spankymonkey
if it's loose then the old string and door nob tick works well. if not get a buddy, get plyers and get drunk because this is going to hurt! Just grab the tooth and yank!

~~NaYnAy~~HoNeY♥
Rating
GETTING PUNCHED BY A BIG STRONG MAN. NOT SAFE THO CAUSE U COULD GET KNOCKED OUT WITH YOUR TEETH.LOL!

diannegoodwin@sbcglobal.net
DON'T DO IT!!!

The mad scientist
You are right. It's not wise and not clever - see a dentist

Lilly
Get far enough away so that the general public won't hear you screaming.
Then get some plyers and pull and twist.

OR-- you could CALL ALL the dentist in your phone book and ask how much just for an extraction, no x-rays. YOU will be surpirsed when you call around to different dentist and see how much it cost.
It might only cost $100.oo who knows!--- depends if you are rural or in a big expensive city!

AND if it's infected, you will need anti-botics!

It's only $110-200 in the Los Angeles area.

YOU can always try Mexico or Canada!

Amelie
If it's a baby tooth, then you should just constantly keep pulling it every day. If it's an adult tooth, go to the dentist. There is no other solution, sorry.

ptrlack
Rating
That's easy just take them out that is if you have false nashers like mine.

noodle
if ur that stupid then im sure u will think of some moronic way to do this.

Afro..
Rating
Tie a piece of string around the tooth, attach the other end to a door handle and slam the door.
Hey presto!

some call me CUTE
Rating
don't pull it with floss. numb it with "kanka" then try twisting it around and it should easily come out

T.T.
a bottle of liquor and some pliers.

paulpoulboy.
its NOT advisable.visit the dentist

april
Rating
A pair of pliers and an enemy,, or maybe a very good friend who hates seeing you in pain, or maybe a trip to the dentist you tight wad it only costs £40 for a tooth out.

wilma p
Rating
pass

justagurl
good luck.... it depends on the state of the tooth in question.
if it is loose, you may have a shot. But particularly if there is any decay the tooth will likely break when you attempt the pull

Most dentists don't charge too much for a "normal" extraction...{not wisdom tooth}. Probably could have the pro's do it for 100$ or less depending where you live

whateverbabe
Rating
if your going to pull it yourself , just make sure you get all of the root

HuskyGirl
Dude thats dangerous go to a dentist.

sarahjayne7209
Rating
sorry mate I dont think there is away unless u wanna cause yourself more pain then the dentist would.......I hate dentists too!!!

If your prob is you can't get on the nhs dentist list, go to see your GP, who will either prescribe you pain killers until you can, or if it's really bad refer you to the hospital!! Hope this helps!!

Nebula D
I'm a dentist.

First and foremost, some idiot above me (Lilly) suggested that you call a dentist's office and ask for the price of an extraction without x-rays. Don't even bother trying. No dentist will remove a tooth without proper x-rays. It's not only illegal, it's stupid.

Let me make something clear to you (and to all the other dumbells out there who have such designs of removing their own teeth).

Don't do it. It is possible for you to break the tooth off, leaving a piece of the root in the socket which can become infected AND require surgery in order to remove (when I say surgery, I mean cutting the gum and drilling away bone in order to get to the root), which often results in an even greater cosmetic defect not to mention pain.

Your dentist uses sterile intstruments. I'm certain that nothing you have at home is properly sterilized, hence you are exposing yourself to all sorts of infectious materials (in addition to the ones that normally exist in your mouth). The significance of this? Well, if you take out your own tooth and develop an infection, chances are your dentist will place you on Penicillin, thinking that the infection is due to oral bacteria. The Penicillin may not work, and the infection will continue to grow until it gets big enough for the doctor to have to run a culture/sensitivity test on it in order to find out what bacteria is causing the infection. Sometimes the infection gets big enough quickly enough to require a trip to the emergency room, admission into the hospital, and a trip to the operating room with an oral surgeon to drain the infection.

So, does pulling out your own tooth still sound like a good idea to you, just to save a couple hundred dollars?

mistickle17
If it's giving you pain it may be infected and you could make things worse if you pull it out yourself. Be brave and go to a dentist.

on the wagon
come a little bit closer,,,,

Falling Leaves
i dont think i should answer that. i could think of many ways but i dont want to be reponsible for people doing stupid things.lol.

samantha s
Try doing hard drugs. Crank, crack, meth. Every hard drug addict I have seen is missing some or all of their teeth. LOL

Just kidding. Go to the dentist. Really. At least when they do it they will kill the pain for you. I know that going to the dentist is a rough thing for most of us. (I have to be drug into a dentist office and even cleanings are too much for me.)

If you have a tooth ache then deal with the pain until monday morning and head to a dentist. Take a couple ibuporfen, to help with any swelling and help with the pain. Take a drink of milk and hold it in your mouth for a while, it helps with the pain. Kanka is a great pain killer that is OTC. I would skip the orajel stuff, I have used everything and it just doesn't seem to help. Also if you feel like you are suffering beyond normal you can get baby asprin in the pill form. The chewable kind, and put one right on the tooth that hurts. I have had a few dentists tell me to do that one. I would lay off the really cold and super hot stuff and ice and very sugary stuff. I know that is hard but it will save you a little pain. Having dealt with a great deal of pain in the mouth (4 wisdom teeth pulled and 22 fillings in a one week period, doc was nice enough to give me zanax for a little while). Take a nap, take a bath, don't grit your teeth and relax. I think that if you check out the local walmart or pharmacy you might find and wax that you can cover your tooth in or a temp filling material you can use. Hope this helped out a little bit. Good luck.

KITTY
Rating
keep wobbling it

MessiahChild
That's dumb and dangerous. Don't do it.

thedaddy
thats very dangerous and stupid you need to get a tooth extracted by a dentist and no one else, this could cause major problems such as infection and severe bleeding.

lucy7
Rating
If it's an adult tooth, don't try it. It'll have roots, and could break off and leave you in more pain.

silentnonrev
Rating
watch "castaway" for hints

or: find biker bar and pick a fight

oddball59
Rating
Sorry, it's not advisable. You don't know that it will come out safely, there could be excessive bleeding and complications such as infection.

If you're in a lot of pain, Pour gin or other spirit onto a piece of cotton wool and hold it against the area which should help to numb it then I think, if money is a problem, go to your local hospital.

Best wishes

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy