Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

What can i do to prevent my gums from bleeding while brushing in the morning.?

Can you kiss with braces?

I'm getting braces tomorow, does it hurt?
do they glue the braces on your teeth? does it only hurt when they tighten them? is it true that I can't chew gum?...

The cotton in my tooth smells!?
I'm in the process of getting a root canal. My dentist started it Friday and is going to finish it in 9 days. In the mean time, he put cotton in it to block food from getting in it. But now ...

Can you use bleach (pure sodium hypochlorite) to whiten your teeth?
Is it bad for your teeth? What would happen if i carefully soaked a towel with some bleach and rubbed it onto my teeth? This is a serious question....

Do you really brush your teeth twice per day?
It might sound kind of gross, but sometimes I forget lol. Most of the time I brush my teeth only once per day. It might sound gross, but sometimes I forget lol....

My daughters tooth is really loose its just hanging on by the gum what can i do for it will fall out?

What's your favorite brand of toothpaste? Mine's is Colgate.?

Does getting braces make you thinner?
I was just wondering because you have to eat healthier after you get braces (like no soda or popcorn ect...) I'm getting braces on soon and I just wondered.
Thanks xxo....

I told my friend he has a grey tooth and now he's acting funny, what should I do?

I'm terrified of my Wisdom Teeth extractions... =[ info plz?
Omg, i have no idea what to expect from my Wisdom tooth extraction. I have to get them removed within the next 3 years and i'm terrified. What're they going to do? give me knockout stuff, ...

11 year old braces problem!! PLEASE HELP!?
my daughter just got her braces yesterday. up and down, the usual kind. she is only 11 and she says it is hard for her to eat. she says whenever she puts something in her mouth and bites it (it is ...

I have a metallic taste in my mouth all the time, what is it?
I know there will possibly be some people making "joke" answers to this, but please just wondered, its really weird? Sometimes i have a very sweet taste in my mouth when ive had nothing ...

How much work will need to be done to my teeth?
I hardly brush my teeth(I'm talking once a week) and I used to drink alot of Hot Chocolate, but I don't drink coffee nor do I smoke. I don't feel sharp pains in my teeth, though. Will I...

Is non completed oral still cheating?

I dont know what the hell happend to me?
i dont know why my girl friend wants to breakup with me and she says she loves me and i did a lot for her i dont know how to break up i dumped my other gf for her and i didnt mass aruond with ...

Does getting a cavite filled hurt!!!!!!?

I got my braces tighten yesterday and my teeth are sore what do i do?
they hurt like heak!!!! I took a pain killer put that did not help!...

I need an injection but i am terrified of needles?
i need a filling but the dentist needs to inject my gum and i had a panic attack last time when they tried to do it.

I saw a dentist who said they could just use cold water to numb the ...

What do you love and hate about the dentist?
what is the 1 thing you love about going to the dentist and the things you hate?...

Forever_14
I just got braces yeturday but my dentist only put it on the bottom...?
i just got braces yeturday but my dentist only put it on the bottom he said that in a couple of months he'll put on the top one's! is that ok?? i have siver braces (metal)

*Jane*
Rating
Yeah that's what my dentist did :-) Gotta trust the guy :-p

Chels
Rating
Nope, that's terrible - that dentist is trying to mess up your teeth!!!
Just kidding, its fine or they wouldn't have done it. Many people i have known have only had braces put on the bottom so its fine. At least now your whole mouth doesn't hurt, you can get use to this and then when you get the others put on your be ready for it!

Claire Bear
yea its fine. if your braces start to cut our gums, then wax is your best bud. trust me i know. ive already had braces on top, now on tuesday im getting them again on the top and bottom.

GoodJuJu2U
That is normal. That is what they did with my daughter. I don't know if your pain has set in yet but you will be glad they only did the bottom for now.

Mz.Swag
well its better than having both top and bottom on at the same time. Silver is a nice color to get.

TopNotch
That's fine. Don't worry about, I'm sure your dentist knows what he's doing. Just be glad you didn't get the whole thing all at once otherwise your mouth would've hurt a lot more.

Noire
Rating
Yes its ok. Sometimes your bite is a little off and that is why they do not put them both on at the same time. They do not want your braces to scrape against your teeth .I thought that was going to happen to me put the top on first and then the bottom. But once my Ortho took my impressions she decided it was ok to put them both on.

me!
dats what they did 4 me. Do u have a expander thing?

David K
Rating
I am getting my braces on next Thur and it will take an hour to put them on the top and bottom .

PEPPERMINT ♥ PATTY
yeah that is ok. Different dentists have their own ways of putting on braces. You may just need to wait until your bottom teeth get straighter and then he will put the top on.

patfern
Rating
yes it is ok, im not a dentist but in a couple of weeks i might have to get braces and it is perfectly fine. He maybe wanting to puton the braces when they grow or to waite and see if u dont need them

Stardust Fairy
Yes. They want you to get adjusted to bottoms ones at first. If they put all on at once it might be too painful to adjust to. Maybe the bottom ones need to be on longer then the top. Good luck with them and remember some foods you can not eat anymore. Stick to the list you don't want them to break.

Best Wishes.

Leah
yes that is what most dentists do they put one set of your braces in and then a little while later they put in the other set.

allimc4
It's ok with me.

Beer Advocate
Rating
That's normal, your bottom row of teeth just needed more work than the top row.

begforemail
Yes, not only is that ok, it's normal.

wish I were
Yes it's normal!

jjjjjjjjj
Rating
Why wouldn't it be okay? Your bottom teeth are probably more out of align and need to adjusted some first before the top ones are done as well.

~*Foo4ever
Rating
um, yeah? why wouldnt it be?

Anna J
yes that is very common.....dont worry about it...in a few years...you will have straight beautiful teeth!!! trust your dentist...im sure he does that a lot!!!

Flower_Child
Rating
I just got my braces in April and a similar thing happened to me. I got my top ones first and just this monday I got my bottom ones on (they really hurt) : ) But this is totally fine, it's just that sometimes the top and the bottom teeth move at different rates. I also have the same metal ones as you. So don't worry, and good luck on your braces adventure, I'm still getting used to mine ; )

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.044
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, October 22, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy