Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Can somebody just answer my ***** question about what I should do about the missing tooth?

Can i straighten just 2 teeth without braces?
I am really concious of my teeth, i just want them to be perfect and on my bottom row of teeth the front 2 aren't straight, they both turned inwards and don't run straight with the rest of ...

Is the funeral home a good place to get dentures?

Wisdom Teeth, Does it make adult men cry?
I'm going in next week to get my wisdom teeth pulled out and from what i heard, it hurts like ****. anyways I'm very nervous and scared I HATE DENTIST! so should i do some drugs before my ...

My DAUGHTER IS WALKING TO WALGREENS WITH HER FRIENDS AND NOT TELLING ME?
SHE IS ONLY 8 AND AFTER SCHOOL SHE IS RUSHING TO WALLGREENS AND BUYING LOADS AND LOADS AND LOADS OF CANDY. LAST DENTIST VISIT SHE HAD 6 CAVITEES . WHAT SHOULD I DO....

Does brushing with baking soda really help?
what about baking powder?...

How Long Will Numbness From A Dental Injection Last? PLZ HELP!!!?
I have an appointment at 10.30 tommorow at the dentist. I have 2 filling to be done. Im going to be numb which is fine, but i have to present a science project in front of the class at about 12 pm ...

I had a dream my tooth came out?
And I haven't been brushing my teeth too often lately. My dream was showing me taking jiggling the tooth out easily. I'm thinking it's telling me something. So, now I'm going to ...

I'm moving house soon, do i need to change my dentist or can i stay with the one i have?

Real for false?
being a transvestite i wish to look very girlie.i went to a dentist to see if i could get false teeth fitted to make me look different.they said they have to remove my real teeth to fit false sets.it ...

Since teeth are bones, why don't other bones need to be brushed for maintenance and to prevent decay?
Not that brushing other bones would be possible:-D
Additional Details
Well if being curious makes me a madwoman then call me Courtney;-)...

I like to eat tooth paste?
my body just asks to it. i dont' eat a lot, i just lick it off a little bit. can it harm me? why does my body asks for it?...

Why the teeth of the English are bad?

Additional Details
"British teeth"...

Can a abcessed tooth make you sick?
can a abcessed make you sick. I know that they will if they don't get taken care of fast but I have one and I cant got to the dentist for another month and I am worried that it is making me sick....

EMERGENCY PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! please answer !?
IS IT BAD TO TAKE PENICILLIAN (ANTIBIOTIC) if you don't have a infection ?? What will happen !!!

Well the only reason why i am asking is because my tooth/gums on one side of my mouth ...

What type of toothpaste do you use?

When you get braces off do you have to wear a retainer forever?
someone said that and i want braces but not if i have to wear a retainer for the rest of my ...

What is your favorite toothpaste?
and how often do you brush your teeth?...

I got braces on 2 days ago and they are killing me!! What to do?!?

How long do you have to stay in bed after having wisdom teeth removed?

Committed to the cause
I have a metallic taste in my mouth all the time, what is it?
I know there will possibly be some people making "joke" answers to this, but please just wondered, its really weird? Sometimes i have a very sweet taste in my mouth when ive had nothing sweet...confused!

louis h
are you taking Lunesta? some drugs an cause this.

sunny
Rating
the metalic taste means one of your fillings the silver kind is leaking it means you need to go and see a dentist and get it fixed

Yesugi
Normal. Some people hear things, some see things, some feel things that aren't real. That's why we have several senses -- to double-check them against themselves.

That's also why "perception is NOT reality." Reality is reality, and the closer our perception gets to reality, the more realistic -- the more sane -- we have the potential to be.

Jenna
Rating
pregnant

Jane M
Rating
You could be pregnant or diabetic. Best to go to your doctor and get it checked pronto

Bren
Rating
could be a lack of vitamins . type metallic taste in mouth in yahoo search it came up with several things. good idea to check with doctor.

Barbara K
Are you pregnant??

Abby C
The bad news is that a constant, sour, bitter, metallic taste is actually a symptom of bad breath. It can be caused by a number of things: a dry mouth, thick saliva, excess mucus in the throat, post nasal drip, a diet high in proteins, (dairy foods, red meat, beans, etc.), smoking, alcohol (in adult beverages or surprisingly your mouthwash, hormonal changes, medications that have dry mouth as a side-effect, history of diabetes, special types of diets (i.e. the atkins diet, or excessive use of old fashioned oral products that may actually contain alcohol or harsh detergents.

Consult your dentist so you can zero in on what is really causing it. What I've used to permanently get rid of dry mouth is Therabreath. It is a great line of oral products by Dr. Harold Katz that fights bad breath and takes it away. Try their toothpaste, oral rinse, tongue scraper and floss. I don't see why it wouldn't work for you when it has worked for me.

Good luck!

schmagum
Rating
Metal! Arf!

No, seriously, it could be blood. After all, blood does have a mildly coppery taste.

manno
Rating
metallic taste - do a pregnancy test... seriously!

n3utr0n
Sometimes these indicators can be something as normal as an mild allergic reaction to other more severe medical issues including cancer. I'm not trying to scare you, but you know yourself better than anyone ever will. And it seems like you're looking for an answer that will never be adequately produced here. I strongly suggest that you seek professional medical help. Worse off, if you find nothing, you can count it as a yearly check-up!

mr bigs
Rating
Have you been checked for diabetes,vitamin deficiency,amalgum fillings & problems with them.

Beatles Fanatic!
Rating
honestyly i have no idea what it could be...but if yoyu just had braces put on or off its probably the glue youre tasting (yuck)
sorry i cant help you much more

¸.•*¨)Sweet Sinner¸.•*¨)
Rating
A metallic taste in the mouth is a fairly common problem — and usually not serious. Although you don't have actual taste buds that detect metals, the perception of the taste is described as "metallic."

A metallic taste can be due to many factors. But the most common causes of a metallic taste are:

Medications such as some antibiotics, prenatal vitamins and antidepressants, as well as drugs used to treat high blood pressure, rheumatoid arthritis and kidney stones
Oral problems, including oral infections such as gingivitis or periodontitis, tooth infections, and poor oral hygiene
Sometimes the cause of a metallic taste can't be determined. In many cases, the problem goes away on its own after several months or longer. Proper oral hygiene can help, including regularly brushing your teeth and brushing and scraping your tongue. Done properly, dental restorations — such as fillings and inlays are rarely the cause of a metallic taste.

nursebob
Rating
Are you on any medications. Many medications have this side effect.

Blood cells can also cause this. When blood breaks down, iron is released and causes a metallic taste in mouth. Bleeding can be from the gums, sinuses or nose. The taste can get especially bad when someone has post nasal drip and the dried blood sticks to the back of the throat. If bleeding gums are the cause there is often bad breath associated with the bad taste.

Another uncommon reason for a metallic taste in mouth is due to small electric currents in the mouth. When two types of metals are used in two different dental fillings a battery can be created. Some believe that it's due to the mercury leakage from dental silver/mercury fillings.

Many oral or IV medications such as thyroid medicine, penicillin, and lithium can give a metallic taste in mouth. When someone is allergic to a specific food, the food can often be detected even in extremely small amounts. Food allergies, such as with sulfur dioxide, can also cause this. Some gastrointestinal disorders can be aggravated by food allergies and cause burping, dry mouth, thirst, rectal itching and a metal taste. High protein diets can cause benign dietary ketosis. This has also been associated with a metal taste.

Chemotherapy, radiation therapy, or cancer itself can cause a metallic taste in mouth. It has also been associated with B 12 deficiency, zinc deficiency, Bell's palsy, Strep throat and Sjogren's disease along with anything that causes dry mouth.

Hope you find your cause. Good luck!

zenbanjos
Metallic taste in the mouth could be caused by an excess of adrenaline.Have you checked your adrenal gland with doctor?Sweet taste in mouth is a sign of diabetes.Have you blood sugar checked.

Jane C
This is honestly genuine, but many women experience a metalic taste in their mouth during early pregnancy! Might be best to rule that out first! Dont mean to scare you though!

Apart from that any changes at all should be checked in this case by your dentist and then by your doctor. It is best to get these things checked out although chances are it's just one of those things. A nice mouthwash will help if theres no medical reason, then you wont get annoyed by the taste.

Very best of luck!

Schuutz
Rating
Go to a dentist as it sounds like some kind of mouth infection. I had a metallic taste in my mouth when a wisdom tooth caused a gum infection.

prncessang228
Rating
this is a common problem actually (dentists see it alot)

medications can sometimes causes this (things like antibiotics,prenatal vitamins, and medication for high blood pressure)

the most common cause is oral problems. things such as gingivits, cavities, or not brushing enough can cause it.

if you're not taking any medications and are not pregnant, i would make an appt to see your dentist to have your teeth checked out.

Curious
You need to start eliminating.

Go to the dentist and check that all is well, you could have a gum bleeding and not realise..

Go to the doctors for a blood test....there could be loads of reasons for the taste. Doctors eliminate what could be obvious....then they look for more serious things.

Hope you get it sorted.

Jellybean is having a baby bean
Rating
Did you just have a filling done? Did one come out? Are you on any medications, some medications can leave a poor taste in your mouth.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Sunday, September 21, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy