Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

My friend has bad breath.?
My friend has bad breath. she told me and i know its kind of true. she said that whenever she brushes her hard pallet and her tongue..is when she can smell it. but it often smells really bad. Some ...

What stains teeth more, coffee or tea?

Scared about Wisdom Teeth Extraction?
I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on Friday and I'm very scared. But more importantly, my boyfriend's father's retirement party is on Saturday and I really want to go. Will I be ...

Is getting your wisdom teeth pulled as bad as I think it is? I will survive right? lol?
Im 25 and my wisdom teeth are KILLING ME! They weren't really bothering me until this year and now the whole left side of my mouth is swollen and infected! Im just such a baby when it comes to ...

Pls answer I am worried?
I have red spots in my mouth, on the roof, and on the inside of ym lips. and i also have white ones like blisters, but really painful, tey are white, and i have surrounded all my mouth. i just woke ...

Whats the best thing to eat after having your wisdom teeth out?

Can you really die from an abscess tooth?

I`m getting braces in 2 weeks.. Does it hurt alot?
what should I do to prepare myself and what should I expect
Additional Details
how long do you think im going to have them on...I only ...

Which Gum is best...?
In your opinion what is the best gum to chew...?...

What is a natural alternative to tooth paste?

How long will my braces hurt?
i am in so much pain and i havent even eaten since monday!...

If I have a dream about all my teeth falling out; what does it mean?
Will your answer change if there was blood coming from any other orifice?...

How do you skip and chew gum at the same time?

Please help..very very bad toothache?
i have had toothache since saturday so i rang the dentist yesterday,but they couldnt fit me in til today.so ive been taking painkillers,clove oil on it.nothing has even eased the pain.so i went to ...

Baby teeth is it normal at 16?
Hey all my molars and a few other teeth are still baby teeth? is this normal? I was told by the dentist that i wud have them all pulled out....but keeps telling me this..and that i shud have braces ...

Dentist! are they called doctors??
do a dentist have Dr. in from of their names
just curious because i never noticed it
Additional Details
i am aware that they are ...

What color Braces bands should I get?
I am Getting my braces on tomorrow and I was wondering If anyone had any suggestions I was kinda thinkin Blue N Pink!
Any Suggestions I will greatly appreciate! ...

Ways to get rid of bad breath (not the obvious ones)?

Is there anyone else out there petrified of the dentist??
i have to admit, i never used to look after my teeth and always refused to go to the dentist! i regret it now coz my teeth are now ******! i am in a waitin list now for a hospital to have my bad ...

I had a weird experience at a dentist office and am not sure what to do regarding this situation.?
the dental assistant was completely unprofessional, but not at all rude to me. she started slamming and banging the mouse button keys on the laptop when it wasn't doing what she wanted. Being ...

stav_rock
I had a filling in my tooth yesturday and i still can't eat on the side of my mouth i had the filling.?
Is this normal? My tooth did not hurt before i had the filling.

Dr. H
Rating
This can be normal after a filling, especially if it was deeper. Sometimes it may be sensitive to cold for a while afterward. Also, the bite could be high if it hurts when you bite or chew. If it is hurting or very sensitive then you should check with your dentist and make sure that there's no problem. Good luck.

The Mole
I had this once with a filling. They didn't get all the nerve out, so I had to go up the hospital, they removed the bad bit, cleaned out a little more decay and temp filled it. Then I had it redone. That since has become a £300 crown. Which looks lots better. Check back if still hurts tomorrow.

deli_fred@yahoo.co.uk
yes this is quite normal as when the dentist pulled your tooth
it makes you gums sore, after 2 days this should ease.
wash your moth with hot salty water.

kash
The Doctor Is Bogus!!!

?
well i had the same thing a lot of years a go so go back to wear you had it done and tell them the problem.and no its not normal

charlie123
Rating
the nerves have been affected on that side of your mouth so give it a few days.. if after a week it still hurts then go back to your dentist

happy_teaching_gal
Rating
Yes it is quite normal. However, if it is still hurting more than a week after you have the filling, you should contact your dentist. There is a possibility that they hit a nerve in your mouth which would be the reason the continuous pain.

Missy B
It's very normal give it 2 days and u will feel better

Will
Rating
some people this happens and some not.

reynwater
Not normal. It could need grinding down. Dentist uses carbon paper type material to find where the malocclusion is and adjusts it. No meds needed for procedure. For what dental work costs I would definitely complain to the dentist.

tenacious3leslie
Yes, the roots to your tooth and the teeth around the tooth that was worked on is now very sensitive it will go away in a few days. If it gets worse though go back to your dentist because you could have a "dry socket" or similar infection.

notyou311
Go back to the dentist and he will help you.

angelapaganblue
Rating
Yes its quite normal to feel discomfort , its just because you have work done on your tooth, and also the injection made it painfull, it should stop hurting in a day or so

Sexy Red
Rating
Yes its normal i had a filling last wk and it took me about 4 days before i could eat on that side,dont rush as it will hurt even more.

Angel
It might feel a bit sensitive if it was a deep filling and was close to the nerve, or it could be a bit high and your putting more pressure on that tooth. Either way give it a few days to settle down, if it doesn't go back to see your dentist, you might need it adjusted slightly.

Gypsie
Yes, give it a few days and it will feel much better.
Same happened to me last year... uncomfortable for 4-5 days then it was fine....you need to get used to it.

lulu
Rating
Yes its normal its just because ur tooth has been worked on!! you'll be fine! x

Bodieann
Rating
sounds like the filling maybe too high, and you are biting on it before you bite on the rest of your teeth (does that make sense???) Anyway, a simple two minute trip to the dentist will sort it out...

Keith C
yes it is normal. Especially if the filling is near the root. When they filled your tooth they probably also put in some antibiotics. I think it is called fugi. What this will do is help heal the spongy tissue within your tooth. Right now it is probably very irritated. I would give it a couple days. If it doesn't get better call your dentist and check with them. They might of drilled it too much and cracked your tooth. Which has happened to me personally.

asdfghjkl;
Rating
i don't know much about fillings but shouldn't it take a while before you are able to chew on it if your not sure call and ask your dentist they will tell you what you need to know it shouldn't hurt when you chew or anything like that

Carrie!
Rating
You need to call the dentist because that doesn't sound normal. I don't think fillings are supposed to hurt. Maybe they did something wrong.

Euphojim
Rating
There could be pressure on the nerve - go back to your dentist.

jaynieleigh22
Rating
yes its fine its take a few days for it to settle. you may also find that it feels abit rough but that will smooth down too.
but if still hurts say after a week or so just check in with your dentist. but im sure it will be fine in a few days

guehnwyvare_of_atlantica
Rating
Your mouth will be a little sore for a couple of days. You have to keep in mind that your tooth has been traumatized. The nerve will be sore. Take a couple of asprin or aleive, call your dentist if you have any further concerns.

IslandGuy
If it didn't hurt before, it shouldn't HURT now. Of course it also depends on how deep (how close to the nerve) the filling is. Call the dentist just in case.

christina
the same thing happen to me. my dentist don't put the filling in right. a month later the filling fell out i had to go back to the dentist and get another filling an it coasted more money.

brandon w
no its not cuz i got mine and i ate an our later

bubbles26
Rating
call your dentist ASAP, that is not NORMAL.

Peter F
After drillling, your tooth may be sensitive for a few days, especially if it was a deep filling but this should settle. Why did you need the filling? Was it a replacement for a previous fractured filling or did the tooth have decay (caries). Sometimes decay has to travel pretty far into a tooth before you experience symptoms so if your decay was shallow, you probably would not feel any pain beforehand. However, the tooth still needs cleansing to stop the decay spreading and it will be sore for a while. If the decay has irreversibly damaged the nerve (pulp), despite thorough cleansing, the nerve will need to be removed, and root canal treatment or tooth removal will be indicated. You will know this is happening as the tooth will be extremely painful with hot/cold and become tender to bite on. Episodes of throbbing pain will come spontaneously, often lasting hours with no relief from medication. You will need to see your dentist urgently if it gets this bad!! However, give it a few days, even a week, and see how it goes, taking painkillers as necessary. Teeth can be sensitive for an awfully long time after dental work but if the pain improves, no matter how slowly, this is usually a good sign. Hope this helps.

Mary M
Rating
As many other respondents have already said It sounds as if there is still a problem there, possibly the hole was not completely filled or a nerve left to near to the air giving you trouble.Answer see the dentist again to get it sorted.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 17, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy