Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

What do you do to keep your teeth healthy?

How soon do antibiotics start working?
I was prescribed antibiotics for a badly infected tooth on Monday. Although the pain has lessened it is still quite bad. When will it feel better?...

Sensitive Teeth?
My teeth have become very sensitive since I started using an electric toothbrush. My mid-day, I can hardly talk at work. I started using Sensodyne toothpaste about 4 days ago (twice a day at the ...

Help please!! my front tooth has just come out.?
Please help somebody!! my front tooth has just come out after biting into an apple, its not a real tooth it has a rod attached to it, does any one know of any good glues or dental cements to stick it ...

Help please!! I am having EXTREME pain in my mouth from one tooth with a cavity. It is throbbing from the?
right side of my head all the way through my entire jaw line. This is extreme pain....i'd say level 8 on a scale from 1-10...what can I do? Whats wrong?...

Braces teeth pain?
ok i got braces today...and my teeth are hurting bad...for some reason especially my front 4....they almost feel loose but they aren't...what is up with that...oh and how long after they get put ...

What hurts more? A tattoo or a cavity filling?
I am going to be having a couple cavities filled in two different appointments and I'm very nervous. I was wondering how much the novocaine shot hurts. I was always told this is the worst step ...

Do braces hurt when they are put on?
Do braces hurt when they are put on or when they are putting them on? When will it start really hurting?
(Anyone with expierience, please)

I'm getting braces.
I'm ...

Do you use artificial sweetners?
I'm curious as to how many people use them.

http://www.nexusmagazine http://www.truthaboutspl Details

Back tooth hurting really bad?
my lower back tooth hurts so much that i cant eat or do anything. it keeps me up at night too. well do you lose your lower back teeth because im 16 and i havent lost my back teeth at all someone ...

What is the best way to cure a tooth ache?

Do root canals hurt?
i have to get one done in October. be honest with me,...

How many natural teeth are you supposed to have?

Braces??????????????? --Read--?
Help me!!
please?
-Read Below-

ok, can somebody tell me these questions?
cuz i really need to know them for later, and i want to be prepared for when i do..please answer?

Does anyone know if braces hurt? and is it worth getting made fun of?

Which do you prefer? Dentists or doctors?
Just taking a random survey....

Only 14 with yellow teeth?
I don't smoke, am not bulimic or taken any antibiotics that got them this way. I don't drink coffee or tea, I brush my teeth daily... but my teeth are kinda yellow. Any ideas?...

Is my dentist allowed to be rude to me ...?
the last time i took my daughter i got verbal abuse , he said i ought to be ashamed of myself and that i was a bad mother etc , could i have reported him etc , my daughter needed a filling yes but i ...

Im getting braces soon? what color should i get? is it gonna be painfull?
yea im realy nervous i wont look right with them.. my teeth are not crroked at all.. like i dont even know why i gotta get emm. im getting them on august 5. thats like 9 days away. pleaseee give me ...

Why don't people in the U.K take care of their teeth like in the United States?
Or maybe its just a stupid stereotype......

woodstock8495
I cant afford to go to the dentist how do i get rid of a tooth pain?

If its a wisdom tooth, don't try to take it out yourself. You can damage your jaw and if it not, go ahead and take it out if you want.

music*babe
Rating
you can melt an aspirin on the tooth that's hurting you or you can by this gel at drug stores that you put around the gum and it takes the pain away.

hope this helped!

txpuddinpie
Rating
I have found that taking sinus medecine helps tremendously until I can get to the dentist. SOmetimes it is inflamed sinuses or sinusitis that is actually putting pressure on a bad tooth. Worked many a time for me. I use the green TYleno and allergy................or generic green sinus pain pills. It has something in it that drys the fluid causing pressure up.

LadyLynn
You can try "Oragel." It's sold over the counter. But you know it won't fix your problem. Eventually , you will have to see the dentist. Don't turn into an alcoholic before you go!!

caffsans
Rating
try a dental school

derejrcar
Rating
Please describe this pain.

lomatar1186
if you go to the pharmacy, there is like.. a gel that you can buy that will temporarily numb the pain, so later on, once you get the money, you can go to the dentist.

beautyofthesea
Just go to the dentist, if you ignore the problem now it will only get worse. Some dentist will take payment plans you can afford and if you get lucky you can find a dental school in your area that will treat you for only about half of what a dentist office will charge. Tooth pain means that it is already down to the nerve so don't let this go untreated or you'll need a root canal.

CHRISTINA m
Rating
it won't help your teeth in the long run but you can gargle with peroxide. it won't hurt you some toothpaste even has it in it.

you can also gargle with wrm salt water

rotate laying on a heat paid and ice pack.

none of theese three things will solve the problem permantly but, it might help for a short term solution

Cristina
Rating
If you have nerve pain, from a cavity, and you continue to let it go, it will get bad enough that you may end up going to the ER which costs mucho dinero.

You may need a root canal, and prob dental work. If you dont mind the idea of using a good pair of pliars, and wiskey, you shoud buy dental insurace now, it only costs 24$ a month at most. That is not that much money! It usually takes 6mo for fillings to a year to kick in, for big procedures like crowns and root canals.
A cavity that might need a simple filling now, will get worse if you let it go, the cavity can deepen so that nerve is exposed and the dental pulp in the tooth becomes infected, you will need a root canal and a crown, $1700 and the tooth can become abcessed and that is a bad thing. At that point the pain is so bad. Thats what happend to me, so take heart.

Go get X-rays, see what the dentist says the minimum you can do and wait till the insurance kicks in and then get the root canal etc. Also ask your family if they can lend you money for the x-rays and initial visit. This is the best advice. You can arrange payments with the dentist, you dont have to pay them all right away, What do you think other people do??? Also for pain relief today take advil, and gargle with listerine, floss, and try chewing on the other side, avoid candy and hot cold foods, things that may ingure teeth, like ice cubes.

I recently had $ 6200.00 worth of dental work cause I was poor and waited too long, the dentist said it could have been prevented if I had gotten simple, 150$ fillings when the pain first began! Thats a big Ouch!

thehygenius
Rating
Please don't put aspirin on the tooth or surrounding tissue! This can cause a "burn" on the tissue and does nothing for the possible infection. Tooth pain can have many different causes, can you describe the pain? In the event that you are sure this is coming from a decayed tooth, please at least see your doctor or go to the ER if you cannot get to the dentist, they can prescribe antibiotics to at least get the infection under control. This will help only temporarily though, the infection will return with more virulent bacteria the longer you put off getting the tooth taken care of. Infection in a tooth can spread throughout your body and be very dangerous! Perhaps your area has a dental clinic or a dental school you can visit? They offer services at a much lower cost. Good luck!

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.034
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy