Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Breath mints; Peppermint, Wintergreen, or Cinnamon? Which brand is the most effective?
Just asking in case I ever do get bad breath. Don't you think it's good to be prepared for the rare but possible?...

How many times a day should you brush your teeth?
Right now I'm at....six....

Could I chew gum with braces?
I just got braces a few months ago. And everyone is telling me to chew gum. But i don't want to have any problems. Should I try chewing it?...

The youngest?
what would be the youngest age of dentist/orthodontist you would ever let work on you and ...

Whats the best way to whiten your teeth without spending a fortune?

Should I really get my wisdom teeth pulled?
I'm 17 and my mom and my older brother think I should just get my wisdom teeth pulled now so they won't cause problems later. The dentist told me that all four are impacted and since they�...

Do teeth whitening strips really work? ....If so, which are the best to use?

Is the dentist ripping me off?
So, I went to the dentist the other day and I got my regular teeth cleaning. Then they said that I 'need' sealants on 15 of my teeth. (a clear coat the covers your teeth) because my grooves ...

I went to the orthodontist today...?
..and I got rubber bands attached to my braces and they pull back my front-top teeth and they hurt like hell. How do I get rid of the pain without taking them out (I already took 2 advil and I have ...

I broke my teeth, now what gona i do?
While practicing in nets of Cricket. I have broke my right side teeth.
Its not broken from root, 3/4 part is broken. Now what should i do. I am 19 of age....

Im getting braces on January 8 im scared!?
Please tell me whatever you think will happen? WILL IT HURT???? HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET THEM ON???

How to get rid of a toothache?
My wisdom teeth are coming in, and I don't have the money right now to go to the dentist and get anything take ncare of. Anyone know of a good way to help get rid of a toothache?...

Is an 8 year old too young for braces??
My daugher is 8 years old, and has a serious overbite and 2 front teet are BIG. Some kids make fun of her and say she looks like a rabbit. Since she is still losing her baby teeth, l guess it'...

Is root canal treatment painful.im getting it done next week?

My Dentist has changed me from an NHS patient to a private patient. Can he do this?
I had to go for an urgent root canal and the total charge at the end was £200. I was an nhs patient and the dentist still takes on new nhs patients but he told me I'm no longer an nhs patient ...

Wisdom Teeth: Surgery or Pulled?
I've been informed that I need to get my wisdom teeth out; most importantly the top left one in particular is decayed. It's fully in though, due to the fact that I had back teeth pulled ...

How long does it take for dissolvable stitches to dissolve after a dental surgery?
are they better than normal stitches?
Additional Details
how do I know when they dissolve?
I can't really open my mouth to see anything b/c of the surgery......

(living in the UK)I booked an appointment at the dentist and they said ...........?
..they have a place available in october so thats booked, but that is to long, i understand that its very hard to get an early appointment with the issue with the goverment etc, But it is important. W...

What do patients look for in a dentist?
I am a general dentist and want to really help people become more comfortable with coming to the dentist. I would like some input on experiences people have had. What would make your dental ...

My jaw keeps feeling like its popping, what do i do?
It keeps popping and it hurts but I don't know what to do about it to get it to stop. Please help....

brie cheese
I am getting braces soon, do they hurt?
I am wondering if they hurt? If they do which part hurts more? Do they hurt taking them off?
Which foods should I stay away from?

Katelyn
Rating
When Igot my braces put on they didn't hurt the first day there was just a lot of pressure on my teeth. Now the second and third day on the other hand Iwas "all advil". I went to school the day after the were applied. The "braces regime" consisted of hot soups, bread, bananas, and popsicles..but what i dont recommend is chips, hard breads (ex.sour dough), chewy candy or gum.
I have had my braces on for 1 year, 8 months and they are still not removed but yet not very bothersome. iI the brackets or wires do become uncomfortable I suggest getting an appontment as soon as possible.

glamgirl <3
yea
at first theyll be tight & uncomfortable
& they dont numb you when they put them on lol

so stay away from solid foods for awhile & just stick to ice cream or liquids soup broth for a bit until they dont feel so tight then you can start eating whole foods again
:)

varsitycheerx12x
yes they hurt they will probably hurt the most when you first get them on.....foods to stay away from....corn on the cob is a no-no unless you cute it off, no caramel apples...and you will have to learnhow to eat things differently........

JellyBeanBabe
yes. i just got rubber bands, and they hurt like crazy. It does get better after a few days. Then youll get very used to them, until they tighten them again. i had applesauce, pancakes, and pudding till i could chew again. And even if you think the food is soft, you still might not be able to chew it for a few days.

¢σωѕ gσ мσσ
Rating
I'm getting them soon too and i've been checking up on everything. My friend said they only hurt for a few days after you get them. Make sure you eat a big meal before because your mouth would still have to adjust after so you'd only be able to eat soup. My guess on the food is nothing acidic (oranges, lemons, soft drinks, etc...) maybe stay away from hard foods at first. But my friend eats almost everything so just avoid acids and you'll be find XD
Good luck =]
Oooo and avoid sticky foods... (toffee's caramels...,)

=]
well when you first get them it doesnt hurt bad untill the next day or so. just eat soft foot like smothies and milkshakes, yougurt and applesauce. Make sure your ortho gives you wax because you will need it. after bit less then a week you will be fine. and put on lotsa chapstick before you go

Sarah M
I had braces one, do you mean the train track ones?
They are likely to hurt yes, but not unbearably.
The pain is from the tension of the braces pulling on your teeth, but the pain will go away sooner than you'll know.

Eat soup at first, and yoghurt - don't put pressure on your teeth.
When the pain is gone, eat anything you want except chewing gum, sticky food like peanut putter, chewy sweets like caramel and so on. You'll know when you get them, you'll just know by the feel of your braces.

aveshockey57
Rating
I've had braces for about a year now so i know what you're talking about.
They only hurt for a couple days after you get them on and the day after they tighten them when you go back in. Your teeth will hurt most (take some advil it helps) and if the wires are sharp in the back they will cut up your cheeks which hurts but after a while you dont even notice it.

The foods you will want to stay away from most are sticky ones. I eat almost everything and i havent had any problems.

chore
Rating
well i dont have braces but my girlfriend did and she said it didnt hurt to much...just becuase when they put them on they push on your teeth hard....and she said it hurts a little more when they take them off

and i would say stay away from sticky or hard food

Alyssa
well normally it would hurt a bit but it depends what type of appliances you are getting. for instance i had to get an expander and it hurts a lot and food gets stuck in it! but you only need that if your mouth is small. and my teeth were gonna grow over my other teeth so i had 2 get 3 oral surgeries and get a bunch of gold chains in my mouth and all that. but they feel bad 4 u when u cry and my orthodontist gives me jamba juice gift cards! i'd advise you to stay away from...
1. caramel
2. mollases
3. jolly ranchers
4. lolly pops

and i still drink soda and its no big deal. just eat chips and popcorn gently.

Evans
The most painful parts of having braces are when you first get them on because your mouth gets very sore from the movement. When you get them tightened it usually gets sore but not AS badly as they hurt week after you get them on. Take tylenol/advil before you go to your appointment and then take some after as well to minimize discomfort.

Also, the brackets they put around your molars have attachments on the outside that will probably cut your cheeks for a while until your mouth gets used to them. You can use wax to minimize this effect. The brackets in the front might also do this, but probably not as bad.

Getting the taken off does not hurt. It feels like your teeth are loose when they pull on the brackets but it's not painful, and your teeth feel all slimey afterwards! It's crazy.

Foods to stay away from are gum if you are not careful with it, caramel, and anything really hard that might crack the brackets off your teeth.

ame
Yes they hurt because your teeth are slowly being pulled into the correct place. They don't hurt getting them off. You can eat what ever you want once the tenderness goes away but stay away from really sticky things, they tend to get really stuck in the braces.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy