Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Honestly, do you floss daily?
I try to floss when I have the time but sometimes get lazy and think brushing and mouthwash are enough....

Do u sound wierd while talking when u first get your braces on?

Hi what color should I get !?
I am 14 and getting my braces on monday what colors should I get . I want some thing really girly like blue and light green or pink but I want something really cute so help ...

Does everybody get wisdom teeth?
I heard some people only get 2 or instead of all 4 but I don't have any. I'm almost 20 years old, there's no sign of anything coming in, and there's not really a space for them in ...

How many times a day u brush your teeth?

Ive got a toothache,i cant get it seen to till monday,does anyone know anything i can do 2 ease it a bit?

Why have brits got such messed up teeth?
tooth brush, now that is a word that limeys should be proud of inventing. never thought of teethbrush did you. god bless the US....

I know its not wise to do but whats the best way..?
.. to remove a tooth without going to the dentist?...

(Guys only) Do you think braces are hot?
I recently got braces and so I wanted to know what guys think....

HELP HELP HELP URGENT i just got a cavity and my teeth really hurt, i dont want to take pill,anyother options?
i just got a filling this morning
i dont like taking tylonal or ibprofen or anything like that unless it's serious

my tooth hurts pretty bad, any suggestions on how to make it ...

Is it safe to use household bleach to whiten teeth?

Anyone stick toothbrushes up there nose ?
I was brushing my teeth on Saturday morning and a friend arrived at my house. I began brushing my teeth faster so that my friend didn't have to wait. My wrist was like a blur as I frantically ...

Will getting my Wisdom teeth removed hurt?
Do they give you General anesthetic for the removal of 4 wisdom teeth? Also, Does anybody know what kind of pain killers will be prescribed when the surgery is over?...

I'm gonna get braces soon? ?
How do they put the braces on and does it hurt?
I hate when dentist dig deep into your mouth it's yucky.
Is there anything yucky about braces?

All braces info is welcome.<...

What happens if a vampire bites somebody with AIDS or Hepatitis?

Should I get anthesisa(sleep) while taking wisdom teeth out or be awake? Have you got it done before?
Have you taken wisdom teeth out? Does it hurt the process? They gave me option of sleeping or being awake.. I was thinking sleeping but I mite get ride after an hour of the surgery being done. I ...

Since my kids teeth are gonna fall out anyway, do I have to let them brush daily?
Those Dora, Sponge Bob, and Diego toothbrushes are VERY expensive.
Additional Details
does it HAVE to be listerine? Or can I use ...

Daughter has toothache with severe jaw pain?
painkillers and other remedies not working more worried bout jaw pain she cant eat properly got worse last 36 ...

My mouth is a bloody mess!?
Is got some bleedin gums...my choppers are perfect otherwise.What ch'all reckon I dew?...

HELP with BRACES??
Okay so I went to the orthodontist on Saturday and he applied a chain to my 4 front teeth, IT KILLS. Please is there anything I can do to stop the pain. My gap is closing but it hurts so bad i feel ...

14 yr old chica
I am getting braces in august is it true that when the orthodontist tightens them it can cause u to pass out?
i am only 14 and scared to death cause 1 of my front teeth ore fake will that effect anything with my braces and wil i have to use alot of care for that one specific tooth

arailia
Rating
no that is so not true so who ever told u that dont beleve them cuz i would kno just dont worry about it everythings going to be ok ok so dont worrry !!!

B Y
None of my kids ever did.

bjdobson
No, you will not pass out. You will experience some tightness and a bit of pain for awhile but you will not pass out.

Healthnut
Rating
I worked in orthodontics for 10 years, so trust me on this one. You will not pass out.

When the orthodontist tightens the braces, you may have some discomfort and Tylenol can help relieve the pain. Your orthodontist knows what he or she is doing so don't worry about your front tooth. Listen to everything the doctor tells you, keep your teeth very clean, bush and rinse everytime you eat or drink. When you get up in the morning and before bedtime make sure you add flossing to the list. Keep all your appointments and when your braces come off, your teeth will be beautiful as well as white and you'll be very happy you had your braces!! Don't be scared ;)

Good luck!!

Eric M
Rating
um...ive never heard that you can pass out when the orthodontist tightens them...i have braces, and it doesnt even hurt till the next day when he tightens them.

ladyofthehollow
OH MY ...nooooooo...somebody has been trying to scare ya

JC
Rating
I suppose that is possible for some people. Mostly you don't have pain when they do the tightening. You have a soreness in the hours and days following that can be controlled with motrin and eating soft foods.

You will be fine.

jean
If someone passed out it was probably from fear. You'll be tender for a couple of days but just think of that pretty smile your going to have.

♥ Erin ♥
I had braces for 3 1/2 years and it never happened to me. I have never heard of passing out being a problem. Although, when you get them tightened it is pretty painful for a bit. Good luck, you will love your teeth after you get them off!

dre
Rating
No its not true

single mom
No honey it will hurt a little at first! You will get used to it. I had braces for two years and the worst part is when they make the mold of your teeth,that nasty pink stuff! IT tastes bad! One thing they will put rubber bands on down the line to bring your teeth closer together it might hurt a little the first day! BE careful when kissing one time I got my braces stuck on my boyfriends shirt! HA! HA! True story

Jo Jo Gunn
Rating
unless your highly sensitive to pain - no ! Don't worry about it & it's all worth that BIG BEAUTIFUL SMILE !

answer faerie, V.T., A. M.
I had braces. my sister and stepsiblings had them. my husband has them now. I've NEVER heard of that happening, it sounds like someone's telling you that just to mess with you.
at worst your teeth will be slightly sore for a day or two.

2u-sister
No that is not true....It feel tight for the first few hours but then is okay....And if you think about it... you are on your way to the best smile ever.....Big Smile

golferchic09
no....i jsut got mine off...your teeth will hurt but you wont pass otu

rqtpie19
Rating
I haven't heard that the pain makes you pass out, as a matter of fact my nephew who is 9 is just about to get his off, and he rarely if ever complained about them. I would say that it will probably be uncomfortable but not painful. It sounds like you have alot of questions that the orthodontist will answer for you when you go. Just remember that it is only temporary. And SMILE. I promise it will be ok.

shellshell
Rating
I worked as an Orthodontic Assistant and never saw anyone pass out. It might hurt a little, but that is because your teeth are moving-duh! It is worth it!

littlebit
I never heard of this.

LC

kylanusoftly
Rating
it's not really tightening like youre thinking. They remove the bar from the braces and replace it with a slightly smaller one. It doesn't hurt at all. What hurts is when they remove them. It doesnt hurt all that bad, probally because the excitement of getting them off.

idol_fan4
I've never heard of anyone passing out when you get your braces ajusted. The only thing that happens is that you might feel a little sore for a couple of days at the most. I got mine on 10.5 months ago (August 2nd, 2005) and everything is going good so far. Just remember the day you get them on, don't eat anything that you have to chew and take some tylonol. You can also try putting an ice pack on you cheek. It works for me. Good luck.

Garth
Rating
I had braces for 3 years and never had this happen when they were tightened, nor have I ever heard of this happening. To help alleviate your anxiety when the doctor is doing this, take long slow deep breaths.

winnie
Rating
Don't worry, it hurts a little but no where NEAR passing out level. Your smile will be beautiful. It's worth it.

LEO W
Rating
My kids have had braces, and never complained about the tightening. And believe me they would if it hurt at all.

budlover
Rating
You know, its going to be painful, but I don't think you are going to pass out. It is always somewhat painful when you get them tightened but think of it this way:
It is necessary to have them tightened because it is getting your teeth to the position that they need to be in. All you have to do is get through the first day or two and then they wont hurt anymore until you get them tightened again. Good luck with that. I feel your pain. I had braces all throughout high school.

April
Rating
No. Somebody is just trying to scare you.

babygirl
No, tightening them will not cause u to pass out. And as for using a lot of care, u should take special care of all of your teeth when braces are on. There is a lot of places that your braces can hide a lot of plaque build up.

xixi*so*fresh
It's not that painful to where you'll pass out. Don't worry you'll be OK.

O
Hi! My 16 year old daughter has had braces for a little over a year now.She goes in every month for tightening.She told me it doesn't hurt ,just a very little pressure.She's loving the way her teeth look,and I'm sure you will too! I'm sure you'll be fine.Take care.

Tumble
Rating
I wore braces for almost three years and I must say that the pain (everytime the dentist tightens my braces) was bearable for me. I felt some discomfort at night....felt like my teeth were moving, but that was all. Just avoid biting into an apple, slice them up first, avoid chewing gum, and corn on the cob.

I chase greased pigs
Rating
I had braces at the same age for three years, and that is false. While it is uncomfortable and makes your teeth feel like they are "cracking", you won't pass out. Braces are a pain, and it's rough having them. I used to cry becuase I just wanted them off. But it is worth it in the end! Follow your orthodontist's directions and you'll have them off ASAP! And take good care of your teeth so you won'y have to return! My sympathy with you, good luck :D

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, June 12, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy