Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Getting braces changes who you are?
I am 24 have a pretty good job and always had a gap.. Im about to get into real estate but before I do I opted to get braces I get them in 3 weeks. Now all my friends and family are saying I am ...

Is it bad to brush your teeth 4 times a day?

No matter what I do I have bad breath. Some one help please!!!?
I have really pretty teeth but my breath is horrible!!! I dont know what else to do! I floss and all that good stuff and still and it is soooo embarrassing!...

How to relieve the pain of braces?
I dont have braces yet...but I'm getting them very soon, so I just want to know what to do to decrease the pain...or make it totally go away.
And tell me if you are wearing braces, or did, ...

How can u get a thoothache to go away?
when medican don't ...

How come I don't have any wisdom teeth?
Im 21 and I only have two molars in the back... am i a late bloomer?...

Am i supposed to use pearl drops toothpaste on its own, or with a normal toothpaste too?

Teeth cleaning can someone help me?
i have tea stains on my bottom teeth that i cant take off is there anything that i can use that works
and dont say that i dont brush my teeth i brush them for 3 minutes in the morning and at ...

About how much percent of people had to get spacers before getting braces?

Should my face swell like this AFTER taking antibiotics?
I have been on antibiotics for 48 hours after experiencing an excruciating toothache for about a week. I self prescribed Motrin 800 mg, and some kind of antibiotic. THEN I went to the dentist. He ...

Why do our teeth fall out when we get old?
????...

Should i get braces?
my teeth are almost perfectly straight.
my lower teeth are all straight.
i have an overbite and i am extremely sensitive to pain.

i talked to my orthodontist and she said only if ...

What is the price range for having all of your teeth extracted?

I need to get dentures. My question is will the dentist pull my teeth?
and put in the new new dentures all on the same day? I just can't stand the idea of walking around without teeth,especially at work....

Dentist NHS?
I've been with my dentist for ten years and suddenly they have decided they are only 'private' from now on and I will have to pay if I want to stay with them. Is this legal?...

Why are doctors, especially dentists so lazy?
I have been to 3-4 dentists recently (in USA) (for a case other than general cleaning) and all they are interested in doing is to take an x-ray and refer me to someone else who repeats the process. T...

How can i have white teeth?
I want white teeth! Im 15. I dont want any treetment or anything. Please tell me if there is any toothpastes or something you would recomend for white teeth!...

Whats the best way to treat ur tooth when u have had it pulled?

What is the best way to whiten teeth?

I have a broken molar, nerve is exposed, what can I take for pain?
I had a molar break off about 5 months ago. I have had non stop pain for almost a week now. I ended up in the er, and they put me on antibiodics. Told me to take advil for pain. That doesn't ...

Hi there :D
I WANT braces, but the dentist says i dont need them?
i see all these kids at my school who got their braces off and they look great!
i want my teeth to be that straight!
i have somewhat natrually straight teeth and the dentist said i dont have to get them, but i want them!
i want perfect straight teeth.
:(

1.how long would i have to keep them on if i only have about 2 teeth (my fangs on right side) not so straight and the rest ok?
2. how can i convince my parents that i want them that bad?

got any other info?

musicgirl7
-it depends on how bad your teeth are. i have to wear mine for 2 years.
-you need to consider all the pain that you will have to go through.dental pain is some of the worst pain.(unless your a guy)
-tell your parents that you want straight teeth,and that you would never be completely happy with your teeth if you don't get braces.
-remember that they cost $6,000!
wearing braces is sort of fun though.you can match the colors to the seasons,or anything else.
-don't get white,tan,or any other neutral colors! they make your teeth look yellow,now matter how white they really are!

Oriana
Rating
why would you want them, I've had braces and i can relate to most everyone who has had them, they are probably happy they have them off because they hurt when they tighten them or if the wire comes off. Just ask for a retainer to straighten your teeth. cheaper and more permanent

iluvweeponies
if yhoor teeth are that straight then you reely dont need braces... the result may look better then people with naturally straight teeth but it hurts ALOT and not much point in goign through if yhoor teeth are pretty much straight.
ihf yhoo want braces desperatly then get someone to kick yhoo in the face
thats the only reason i got braces coz my teeth moved when that heppened.. and they moved ALOT.
my mum is a dentist and she gave me retainers when i ddnt need them so ihf yhoo know anyone who is a good frend and an orthadontist ask them
you need to kee them on from 1 yeer to 4 yeers thats what my mum told me.

♥ Lala
If you don't need them i wouldn't waste your parents money on something you don't need. They are really expensive and a pain (trust me!) When you are older, and you think that they are bad, then get them done then. And you don't want to get braces on when everyone is getting them off. I did and it feel really weird with them.

Dr. Albert, DDS (UNITED STATES)
YOUR PARENTS WILL LISTEN TO THE DENTIST. WHEN YOU ARE MUCH OLDER YOU WILL BE ABLE TO PAY FOR THEM. BRACES ARE NOT CHEAP AND WHEN YOU ARE ABLE TO AFFORD THEM YOU'LL REALIZE THIS.

gypsyveg
Be careful what you ask for. They are painful. Most people have to wear them for 2 years. Your dentist is a professional. And why waste the money. You may have to wait until you are an adult and finance them yourself.

great6181930
Consider yourself very fortunate. About 99% of those wearing braces would love to have your teeth. It is not fun!. Your fangs as you call them (Cuspids) if too pointed can reshaped a little. Be happy! Tell your parents to put that 3-4 thousand dollars into a savings account. It would make a good downpayment on a car when you are 16.

*Robin*Girl *
Rating
if u dont have to have them dont get them! they are so annoying!!

but if u did get them u probably wont have them on for long since ur teeth are somewhat straight

Aryan Y
Why do you want braces when you have natural good looking teeth?
Your lucky that you don't need braces because their very annoying in you mouth,hard to take off and put on,it hurts when you get it in your mouth,and biggest their EXPENSIVE!!!
I recommend not getting braces when you don't need them.

mlgable
If you do not need braces PLEASE don't go trying to get them. They are expensive and painful and not much fun. Your best bet is to ask your parents for an orthodontist consult and he/she will tell you if braces would help you or not. If you only have two teeth that are not straight I would just work on pushing them back with my fingers a couple of times a day to help put them in place. Braces will cost a couple of thousand dollars and you will have to go every couple of weeks for adjustments as well the pain involved etc. Do you have a couple of thousand dollars to spend on braces?? Also those ones who don't have braces any more are not really finished with their treatment as they have to wear a retainer to help keep their teeth in that shape.

♫Maggie♫
Rating
Well, he IS a professional. If you don't need them, then you DON'T need them. Plus, it's PAINFUL to have braces. You get cuts inside your cheeks when you have them. And it takes a long time to brush.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, April 24, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy