Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

I have braces, im 13, and i got this thing on my gums [pic included]?
it hurts
it hasnt been goin away
and i dont know what it is
is it an infected cut or what?

here it is:
anyone have a clue?
http://i234.photobucket....

When do you get your wisdom teeth?

Hole in tooth?
So like the top tooth next to my two front teeth has like a hole in it. The whole isnt like all the way through my tooth but just a little bit in. Do i have to get it filled at the dentist? and will ...

Ouchie! Help me!!!?
My wisdom teeth are trying to grow in! It hurts so bad! How do i sooth it without having to buy anything pricy? It would be best if i didn't have to buy anything at all....

Wisdom teeth?
Hi my wisdom teeth have been coming through for quite some time. Untill recently the pain has been slight, but the last few days one of them has really started to hurt. Ive been having to take pain ...

How do YOU brush your teeth?
Im 100% serious how do you brush your teeth?...

Is getting your wisdom teeth really as bad as people make it out to be?
I only have the top two the others never existed. They are fully (more than fully) grown out. Just very crooked - ouch!
Additional Details
Getting your wisdom teeth out, I meant to ...

Crest white strips do they work??
if you have tried them do they work what was your results??...

This one is kind of a funny question?
The other day I had some popcorn and of course a piece got stuck between my teeth. I ask a co-worker "Do you have any floss?" and she says, "Do you mean dental floss?" I was ...

I have a tooth ache. i ran out of vicodins.?
what could i take that would give me the same effect or better?...

What do you do when a friend wont see a doctor????
My friend has an abbcests tooth I am scared that she might die becuase I recently heard about a boy who died from an abbcest tooth because the infection went to the brain. She puts numbing stuff on ...

Does it hurt to get braces?
i am gettin them next month on friday th 13...

Should I get Braces, is it worth the pain to have perfect teeth?
Keep in mind:
1. My case would have to be done w/i 6 mos.
2. I may never bite properly again.
3. I wont be able to eat solid foods for about 4-6 mos.
Additional Details
C...

Braces HELP!?
im getting bottom braces on May 8th! and i am VERY afraid that its gonna hurt and have on top braces on right now and i am not a baby, but i over react a lot. if you can give me advise where i can ...

Does it hurt when dentists put braces on you?

Does braces hurt enough to get.....?
out of school for an extra day?...

Tooth Absess?
Any tips or advice. In absolute agony and cannot get into dentist until Wednesday. Has been niggling for about a week but tonight has really started hurting :-(...

How many times do you brush your teeth a day? POLL: ?

Have you ever been yelled at or lectured by your dentist?
what for
Additional Details
mine only lectures never yells. he quit lecturing me now though because he knows i don't do what he ...

How can I whiten my teeth naturally?
I heard that bleaching them strips a layer of enamel so how can I do it naturally?...

Bumblebee
I'm having root canal on tuesday - how bad will it hurt?

Sir Sidney Snot
Should hurt at all if he/she's a good dentist!

Mr Chops
Rating
It will hurt sooooooooooooo bad,,it will make you scream in agony and make you beg the dentist to stop,,not to mention the acrid smell of the drilling,,yes the drilling deep into your tooth,,deeper and deeper till you faint with the pain,,still it could be worse,,he might have Radio 3 going in the background

Harleygal
Not a very fun procedure but if the dentist is good you should have mild pain! It also depends on your pain tolerance. If it's low, you might want to tell your dentist that. He will probably give you a stronger pain pill. BE CAREFUL, those things make you very drowsy. You will be sore but mind over matter! Good Luck!

charolette r
i thought it would be bad,but i felt nothing just make sure they do an exray at the end to make sure they got all the roots out, somethimes they leave a piece in and it will get infected

leex
as long as you have enough anaesthetic you wont feel a thing. after just make sure you have ibuprofen or another good pain killer to hand. good luck

lizzy
Rating
I am having mine done on Tuesday too...soooo will be thinking of you
Ta Ta

tmswainyboy
Rating
it depends on the skill of the dentist preforming the procedure and it should be more uncomfortable that painful

sweety m
Rating
well root canaling doenot cause a lot of pain it just pains 4r 3-4hrs n then it will be perfectly ok n when the mixture comes out it will pain n try the same thing well better luck 4r ur rootcanaling

countrygirl39
Ask for gas and you wont feel any pain and it will relax you. I had one and I would ask for gas again if I had to have another one it really made a difference.

blackbird
wit h the adequate Lidocaine - it's won't hurt during. Afterwards it'll be somewhat sore - but I can bear it with no drugs. So don't be a crybaby - and take it like an adult.!!!!!

Kelly m
Rating
I believe that it is up to individual interpretation. I myself have gone through one nine years ago. I think it also might depend on the dentist that performs it. It actually felt pretty sore for a little while, but I am sure the doctor will prescribe you some tylenol or motrin. I actually had two root canals back to back one month and also extractions. Wasn't a great month for me. Good luck, kid!

keepsondancing
Oh man, this would be a KILLER if you weren't all doped up...but your jaw will be anesthetized so you won't feel much, just some pressure maybe. When the Novocaine wears off you will probably have some discomfort for a day or so, but nothing that an OTC pain reliever won't take care of. Not to worry!

phlodgeybodge
Rating
It shouldn't hurt at all. Though it will be uncomfortable - it feels like your dentist is drilling into your brain (or through the bottom jaw)

fabbymummy
you wont feel a thing I have had it done 3 times and once i get it frozen i feel nothing - good luck and relax you will be fine .

errie
Rating
I spent years being paranoid about going to the dentist. They are so much better these days. No good dentist will hurt you. Be brave and you will get through it OK. Best of luck to you.

jamjan100
These people know what they are talking about.
Fear not little one.....

Free cloud loafer
It's more very uncomforatble than painful during the treatment .Afterwards it can be a bit sore but the thought of it is worse than the actuality.
You'll be fine.

hey culligan man
I had a root canal about a year ago and it wasn't that bad. My dentist gave me a cover for my eyes and head phones to listen to. It's the sound that is painful, but with the headphones it really helped. You should ask your dentist if they offer this and if not then ask if you can bring your own.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy