Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Who likes the dentist?

Getting teeth pulled?
I have to get some teeth pulled because my mouth is crowded. Will the dentist people or whatever they are knock me out? or just numb me?...

If i get braces how long will i have it for??
okay im thinking bout braces but i want to know how long i will have it for and if i will look good with it here is a picture of my teethhttp://i160.photobucket....

How painful is it to get your wisdom teeth out? I am getting my out at 9:15am tomorrow. Any suggestions?

What should I do first, brush my teeth or floss my teeth?
And why?...

About braces...?
I just got my braces. I had one day of 'throbbing' in my teeth. Now my teeth feel fine...are my braces 'still working'? I don't see my denstist for 7 weeks and I just can'...

It is known that anorexia/bulimia sufferers have bad teeth - but do they also have poor nails & hair?
If so, Is the damage irreversible?...

I had a filling in my tooth yesturday and i still can't eat on the side of my mouth i had the filling.?
Is this normal? My tooth did not hurt before i had the filling....

Has anyone had a tooth break while eating coleslaw?

Im sooo scared!Im getting braces!Do they hurt?

Hate how dentist makes small talk while I'm on the chair.?
Okay, I am going to the dentist in about an hour and I had to have this particular one because the man I prefer is booked out. This dentist however makes a lot of small talk, asking me about college ...

How do i get whiter teeth in 1 month??

I have bad & crooked teeth, who do I see first?
Should I see the orthodontist first or the dentist first?
My teeth are in bad condition and they're also crooked, havent seen a dentist in 10years
I thought I'll confront my ...

I know that eating too much toothpaste can be fatal, but how much is too much?

Additional Details
I don't have an obsession with toothpaste, I have a perfectly normal relationship with toothpaste. I do, ...

Braces!!!????
Does anyone the average cost of braces???...

Omg braces!!!!?
I will be getting braces soon and im totally affraid. I mean yea i want them because my teeth are a mess but i hate pain. I just hate pain. Can someone tell me the process of getting braces and also ...

What if you break your right hand what do you do?

A painful white sore below my gum in my mouth?
i have had it for about 4 days. it is right where my gums end and where my cheek begins. It looks like a cut, but it is white so i didn't know if it was a canker sore. It looks a little ...

My friend has bad breath.?
My friend has bad breath. she told me and i know its kind of true. she said that whenever she brushes her hard pallet and her tongue..is when she can smell it. but it often smells really bad. Some ...

What stains teeth more, coffee or tea?

KimmyCup J.♥
I'm gonna get braces soon? ?
How do they put the braces on and does it hurt?
I hate when dentist dig deep into your mouth it's yucky.
Is there anything yucky about braces?

All braces info is welcome.

thanks and God Bless!

Craig W
it doesnt hurt at all. the only thing i can think of that might be yucky is when they take a molding of your mouth they fill it with this mushy rubber stuff thats kinda gross. you might have to get teeth pulled b4 getting braces so thats annoying. when they tighten your braces it sometimes is uncomfortable for a day but it never "hurts".

Daniela
it takes some time to get used to and it hurts for like the first week. the fun part is choosing out the colors, but when you eat, food gets stuck in it and its yucky.

brittany s
good luckk .. your teeth will feely lose and its kinda uncomfortable getting them on youll get used to them and be happy when therre off

LässtAbschussMegan
Bracket and such.
I know it is.
YES! FOOD GETS STUCK!

suziee_k
Rating
they put a glue on the bracket, and then use a special light to seal it on, it isn't painful AT ALL. then they either snap in or thread the wire through, depending on which kind you are getting. it isn't gross to have them in at all, just food may get stuck in them, so keep some flossers with you at all times. and it'll hurt to eat for a little while :(
GOODLUCK!

iba
well it depends how bat ur teeth are however it didn't hurt for me just annoying at the start. ill give you some advice the first week eat soup not something hard ,something easy to dig in. and this was really annoying after a meal u need to brush ur teeth or the **** that you ate maby get stuck. lol good luck

=D
they put the brace on then put the wire on then the rubber bands.
you have to put this stupid thing in your mouth and like cant breath but like take pain realiver to make it not hurt as much

it taste nasty once you first get them on but drink like coke or something to get the flavor to go away.
water doesnt help that.

good luck

they dont hurt when you first geet them on but like in a hour or so ouch! youll think me for telling you to take pain realiver.
ha you get tons of food stuck in them so bring a mirror everywhere you go and check to see if you get food in them and you will so get these little things they give you to clean that with.its a life saver.

that_one_guy
Rating
Its not that bad. The first month is the worst, but then your mouth adapts to it. You shouldint feel anything during the procedure cuz the doc puts anesthetic. Thats pretty much it.

♥fallon marie♥
Rating
Hey! I have had braces on for a year now, and it really isn't that bad. And it doesn't hurt AT ALL. No worries! They just use these cheek separator things, and they clean ur teeth and use a beep thing, lol. At first you will hate it, but get used to it and pretty soon you'll forget you even havebraces at all.
Good luck and God bless:]

MathisNotMySubject
ok they dont really hurt, but when they tighten them, for a couple days its hard to eat anything, and they put cement on each of your teeth and put a bracket on each tooth, and its yucky cuz food gets stuck in them all the time, hope that helped.

Shelby
they put these cotton swab things in your mouth that are uncomfortable because it keeps your mouth really dry. it doesn't hurt at all getting them on, but about five hours afterwards you will start to feel it. you wont be eating solids for a week, or at least three days. After that it gets better though. the only set back is that food gets caught in the back easily and it sometimes takes a while to get the food out.

Alex M
Rating
i hurd it doesnt hurt until there done it huurts after they put it onmy friend told me and when there puting it on it doesnt hurt

AsHLeY BaBE
the only thing that hurts it getting it tightened(how ever you spell it) and when they hold your mouth open with this thing but you will look funny getting it in trust me so bring a camera

Elise.
hey, i had braces put on for about 2 years, they're really annoying at first but once you get used to them there really not that bad. when they put them on they clean your teeth, like the dentist would and then they put each individual brace on your teeth with a special glue. (it tastes kind of weird, so try to avoid it on your tongue) then when all the braces are on each tooth, they snap a wire on to all of them.

the only kind of gross thing about braces is food can get stuck in them really easy and it's kind of gross if you have some food that you just ate stuck in them.
i would really reccomend using a special brush that they give you to really clean them out each day and night.

i hope this helped! and good luck with your braces, you'll really be glad you had them once your teeth are nice and straight=]
haha.

A little worried
Braces are generally put on by first cementing the bonds to your teeth with a hygienic bonding material (tastes a bit bitter at first) and then the wires are threaded through the bonds and attached by rings on your back molars (unless you aren't getting full mouth braces, in which the last bond serves as the "ring"). The only part I'd class as yucky or painful is when they tighten the wires so the braces do their job-- it feels more like a dull ache than an actual sting or sharp pain.
Depending on what work you have to get done, you're going to have to get used to the orthodontist digging around in your mouth. You're also going to have to get REALLY good at cleaning between bonds/underneath nances and retainers and so on. The yuckiest thing for me, while wearing braces, was getting food stuck in them. It was really annoying, because it meant I couldn't eat a bunch of foods I like (popcorn, caramel, corn on the cob, unpeeled apples, and so on).
Don't worry, though, because after a few days, you barely even notice you have braces on. You're gonna have to get over your squeamishness about people digging in your mouth, but I find that if I close my eyes and think very determinedly about something else, it doesn't bug me as much.

♥Εμιλι♥
Rating
It doesn't hurt getting them put on, but after a day or even a few hours they HURT LIKE HECK! They don't dig deep into your mouth. Food. It's really yucky. Especially if you eat goldfish (The cracker, not the fish lol.) they get stuck really bad.

Tips -
♥They clean your teeth with sand eww.
♥It takes about 1 1/2 hours to get
♥Stock up on jello, pain reliever, and drinks. it's all you'll be eating for a week.
♥Chains hurt really bad. Wires not as much.
♥Brush EXTRA well. You'll have white spots like this -http://www.tottenhamandjenningsortho.com/files/decal.jpg
♥Good luck!

Emmie

♥Look to Jesus♥
My friends told me when they pull on the braces and stuff(yeah also when they tighten them...my friend said that hurts) it hurts but it will be ok. You will probably get a lot of things stuck in your braces when you eat and right after you get your braces done you should eat soft foods.........(just brush your teeth more often so no food remains gets stuck in their :P) Other than that, don't be afraid to show your new smile!!!!

British Lina
heck yeah! my mouth was sore for a week, and i lost ten pounds from not eating!

chuchi95996
well there's nothing really yucky about them but the only thing is that you cant chew gum or candy or else food will get stuck in your braces and its really hard to get it out and they kind of feel funny and you talk funny. but its temporary. you'll get used to it. oh and just a reminder, the orthodontist's can take it off when ever they want which means they can be there for more that a year!!!

Lexi.
Rating
They cement/glue them to your teeth. They usually hurt for about a week after they're first put on and after they get adjusted. They're a bit gross since food gets caught in them really easily and sometimes they poke your mouth, but as long as you brush your teeth often they're alright. You can get wax to put over the pokey parts, too.

love_live_learn3
They use glue and a uv light to put the actual braces on and then attatch a wire. Its not so bad theres just pressure at first and it feels a little tight and a little weird. The only yucky thing is that you may taste a little of the glue which tastes like rubbler and your mouth may have some sores for the first few weeks because theres metal in your mouth. good luck

FlowerShopGirl206
Rating
Ahhh yes! Getting the braces put on.

Well. Okay.

The actual prosess isn't TOO bad. They put these two plastic things on your lips to keep them away from your teeth. This is because if the saliva on your lips get onto your teeth-the actual brace (the square tat they glue to your tooth) won't stay put.
They glue each one on..one by one. It doesn't take too long. And there is NO pain during the actual prosess.
Then they will put in the brace wire. The wire is the long piece of metal that goes horizontally across the teeth, and they tighten it along the last tooth on each side.
You're probably going to feel the pressure about 15 minutes after they are put on, and you are on your way home. What you're feeling is the pressure of the wire pushing and pulling your teeth to where they belong.
The first 2 or three days, you are going to have to get used to the feeling. I suggest mashed potatoes, soup, pastina...anything that doesn't involve much chewing or any chewing at all. The uncomfortable feeling WILL go away. Don't worry. And you get your wires changed every 6 to 9 weeks, and the feeling comes back-but it doesn't last long at all.

Lets see...is there anything yucky?
OH YES THERE IS!
EVERYTHING will get stuck in braces. But after a while you learn how to make sure that food (mostly bread) doesn't get jammed in the front braces (it's very unattractive when you have food sticking out).
You will also MASTER the art of swishing any drink in your mouth in a way that it will get all the food out from your braces.

But after all the stuff you have to put up with during braces...IT'S ALL WORTH IT IN THE END WHEN YOU HAVE BEAUTIFUL TEETH!

Oh! andthe best advice I can give you is...USE THE WAX that the orthodontist gives you!
Your mouth is not used to the braces automatically- so unless you want to irritate the inside of your mouth..please...PLEASE..use it!

GOOD LUCK!
And SMILE!

Becky
Rating
It's hard to explain HOW they put it on, but it does really hurt. I couldn't eat for a long time. Yes, braces are yucky, food get stuck in them and tightening them every month hurts like helll. Just want to tell you about the colours:
White: make your teeth look yellow
Yellow: same as above
Black: same as above (but not as bad)
Green: looks like there's food in your mouth (some greens don't though)
Pink: some people say they make your gums look really red, but i don't think so...
Red: same as above
Blue: what i usually get
That's all i can really think of, but once you get used to the tightenings every month, they're not so bad. GOOD LUCK!

Rebecca O
Rating
I'm getting them too soon!

Cardiophobia <3
Rating
It doesn't hurt at all. They just put this glue in your teeth and then put the brackets in and they have to wait for a whilie till the glue dries and then they're able to put the wire, which is the small thin one for first timers. It does hurt after for like a few days every time they tighten them. After that it doesn't hurt at all.

....*Lame-O
Rating
Well they are a ****** to have and they give you sores for a little while.Um not to mention there are certain foods you can't have and foods you have to modify to be able to eat.But it will get better and you will get use to them. Also every time you visit you get to change the colors to anything you want.About getting them put on it didn't hurt for me but its different for everyone. Just make sure to brush all the time because they are prone to hold leftover food and other then that you'll be fine. GOOD LUCK!

Mr. McGeek
Braces are fine. At first when they put it on, it hurts for a few days afterward and then you have to eat soft things such as yogurt and ice cream. After a few days, however, you get used to it and it does not hurt at all anymore.

You have to schedule appointments where you go back to your orthodontist to tighten your braces, and like before, your teeth will be sore for a few days, in which you have to eat soft food. This is all worth it since it doesn't hurt very much and will stop in a few days.

One bad thing about braces that I've encountered is that if the wire is too long and pokes your gums or your cheeks, it can really limit your ability to eat and to talk. Always make sure that your braces are fine, and if it scratches any skin, be sure to schedule an appointment so they can fix your braces.

Good luck with your braces!

Adamo
it can be irritating and a little painful in the beginning, while your teeth get used to them. One word. Tylenol.

Andy
Rating
dont get clear rings it makes you look like you have flem on your teeth its gross.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.134
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Thursday, June 14, 2012
Terms of use - Privacy Policy