Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

I had a filling in my tooth yesturday and i still can't eat on the side of my mouth i had the filling.?
Is this normal? My tooth did not hurt before i had the filling....

Has anyone had a tooth break while eating coleslaw?

Im sooo scared!Im getting braces!Do they hurt?

Hate how dentist makes small talk while I'm on the chair.?
Okay, I am going to the dentist in about an hour and I had to have this particular one because the man I prefer is booked out. This dentist however makes a lot of small talk, asking me about college ...

How do i get whiter teeth in 1 month??

I have bad & crooked teeth, who do I see first?
Should I see the orthodontist first or the dentist first?
My teeth are in bad condition and they're also crooked, havent seen a dentist in 10years
I thought I'll confront my ...

I know that eating too much toothpaste can be fatal, but how much is too much?

Additional Details
I don't have an obsession with toothpaste, I have a perfectly normal relationship with toothpaste. I do, ...

Braces!!!????
Does anyone the average cost of braces???...

Omg braces!!!!?
I will be getting braces soon and im totally affraid. I mean yea i want them because my teeth are a mess but i hate pain. I just hate pain. Can someone tell me the process of getting braces and also ...

What if you break your right hand what do you do?

A painful white sore below my gum in my mouth?
i have had it for about 4 days. it is right where my gums end and where my cheek begins. It looks like a cut, but it is white so i didn't know if it was a canker sore. It looks a little ...

My friend has bad breath.?
My friend has bad breath. she told me and i know its kind of true. she said that whenever she brushes her hard pallet and her tongue..is when she can smell it. but it often smells really bad. Some ...

What stains teeth more, coffee or tea?

Scared about Wisdom Teeth Extraction?
I'm getting my wisdom teeth out on Friday and I'm very scared. But more importantly, my boyfriend's father's retirement party is on Saturday and I really want to go. Will I be ...

Is getting your wisdom teeth pulled as bad as I think it is? I will survive right? lol?
Im 25 and my wisdom teeth are KILLING ME! They weren't really bothering me until this year and now the whole left side of my mouth is swollen and infected! Im just such a baby when it comes to ...

Pls answer I am worried?
I have red spots in my mouth, on the roof, and on the inside of ym lips. and i also have white ones like blisters, but really painful, tey are white, and i have surrounded all my mouth. i just woke ...

Whats the best thing to eat after having your wisdom teeth out?

Can you really die from an abscess tooth?

I`m getting braces in 2 weeks.. Does it hurt alot?
what should I do to prepare myself and what should I expect
Additional Details
how long do you think im going to have them on...I only ...

Which Gum is best...?
In your opinion what is the best gum to chew...?...

SunshineSmile
How often do you visit your dentist?
I go every six months or so, I had a check up this morning and everything was fine again and I don't need any treatment. Do you think it'll be okay to go once a year or should I keep up the six monthlies?

myheartisjames
Rating
i haven't seen a dentist in about 19 years for a cleaning, etc..x-rays and all that...

i saw one once about 6 or 7 years ago or even a little longer for a chipped tooth which they just filed down......

but i wouldn't reccommend going this long...as i have some real gum disease going on..... receding gums....

Miss Melissa
i go 3 times a year because my health care insurance cover for all that stuff...plus i just went to the dental surgen... removed wisdoms ☺

ms.muffet
I'm 35 and I haven't been to a dentist in 20 years, no problems. I haven't had any teeth since I was 15 years old tho, so there's really nothing for them to work on. Bad teeth run in my family. I had a lot missing already and the teeth I had left were all rotten, so my mom had them all pulled out when I was 15.

Apachegunship
Rating
Keep going every 6 months, at least you will be staying on top of things. Better finding a problem early rather than late... I go myself every 6 months.....

kampffenhoff
Rating
I go every six months and there is usually nothing to be done not even a clean. However, if there was a problem developing my dentist would notice right away. My Mother goes every three months because she gets a lot of plaque.

hai van
Rating
-6 month is a safe period for checking our dents

Carol B
Rating
every six months or they will take you off there list

chi n
I have not visited my dentist for around 10 yoars.

Barkley Hound
Rating
I go once a year. As long as you keep them clean there should be no problem.

Hallie E
Rating
Once a year is standard, every six months is pretty dedicated and not a bad idea! You'd probably be fine with an annual visit, but really, just call your dentist and ask- he'll have the best possible answer for you, as he knows about your individual dental needs.

UTLONGHORNS1011
i personally go every 6 months, just to make sure nothing is wrong

simbo
Rating
If you have an NHS dentist and they're still seeing you every 6 months you should take advantage. If you are a private patient and on a dental plan you're paying for the treatment anyway so you may as well still go. If you pay per visit, once a year is probably enough.

Pretty in Pink
Rating
Once a year is fine. It sounds like you have good teeth.

dee
i would go every 6 months still as a lot can happen in a year instead of a small filling you may need a tooth removed if it isnt spotted soon enough. you will have them cleaned and scraped too.

jpunkin1121
Rating
You should go twice a year, or every six months.

doggy dog
i go every six months wether i need it or not provention is beter than cure

Victoria M
Rating
I have heard that we don't actually need to go twice a year but just the once. I myself go twice a year as I would rather do that and catch any problem early so there is not so much work to be done if needed and in the long run it works out cheaper!

meko76
Rating
I never need any treatment at the dentist. So i asked him for for yearly check up & he was fine with that.

Bobby A
haven't seen a dentist in about 8 or 9 years. i brush and use mouth wash twice a day and my teeth seem fine.

shell
Rating
opppppppps i was ment to got back for my 2 fillings am scared :-( i must go thanks for the reminder

davis g
You need to go their every six months, so that any alteration in your teeth would be detected early. Prevention is better than cure.

Jessica H
Rating
every 6 months

Deana
i have my teeth cleaned every six months. i think it's better because it prevents stains and build-up, and also can stop a problem before it worsens

leaptad
Rating
You need to have your teeth professionally cleaned every 6 months.

>>киσω-ιт-αℓℓ<<
6 months

♥Britt♥
i go every 6 months also and nothings ever wrong with me but i would still go cause its good to have ur teeth checked out and get a good cleaning so i would keep doning what ur doing

Supertwinkle
Rating
I think its better to stay as you are.Many problems can occur in a period of 6 months so keep on going you rather pay one visit in a period of 6 months than 6 visits in a period of 1 month!!!:)Hope i helped!!!

joyce
Your so lucky to be able to go. I haven't been in 6 years and am in desperate need of teeth whitening and other work to be done. No dental insurance prevents me from going. Good luck to you and go as often as you can.

Mrkvica20
It sounds like you're on a good routine...so keep it up. I think it's best to stick with it because in case something happens, you can catch it in an early stage.
Good luck

ChiangMai
If you've got a history of not having any dental treatment, I think it would probably be OK to reduce your visits to once a year - just make sure you visit the hygienist every six months as your gums are the most important part of your mouth.

Rating
I always go every 6 months, I would stick to that. Why chance it? We only get one set of teeth after all.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy