Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Why am i scared of the dentist?

Please help me?
i use to have some pretty teeth but all of a sudden my teeth started falle out and everything decaying bad .i had braces on them to have them stratghtn out . but i cannot not understand that could it ...

How can you stop braces from hurting after you just got them?
I kinda don't wanna wait cuz I'm trying to eat and it hurts!!!...

Why does the gum around my teeth bleed when I brush my teeth?

Mouth Ulcers, what causes them and how do you get rid of them?

Which mouthwash color is more effective: blue or yellow/orange?

I WAnt to get some braces to make my teeth prettier..does it hurt!?!!?
iwant to get my teeth some braces becit is not aligned ryt..but do they put some holes on your teeth or some silly things???does it hurt..and will it bring a better SMLE??i hope so00..plssanswers..my ...

Please Help Me?
The past few months after I just moved out of my parents house my teeth have chipped. First was one small one in the front and today one of my lateral incisers chipped. It chipped when I bit down on ...

Advice on getting braces?
I'm getting braces this summer and I need some advice and information...like color choosing....How bad it hurts...How they are put on...etc. Anything you can think of!...

Do braces???...?
ok well this friday i am getting braces... do they hurt?? and do they scratch your mouth?? how do i prevent that form happening?? Also what kind of colors do they have??...

Is it ok to whiten teeth with strawberries?!?
I heard that you can use strawberries to whiten your teeth, but the acid can also damage them...does brushing afterwards compensate for this?...

Really worried about my Mom???
My Mom has to go in to the dentist tomorrow for what she thinks is an abcess on her tooth. I am really worried about her. She is in much pain and I'm at my dad's house right now and don'...

How do I get rid of cold sores and blisters because I've tried everything and nothing seems to work?

How painful is a root canal and how long does it hurt for afterwards?

Why is toothpaste generally mint flavoured?
Is there a medical reason for this or does it just taste fresh?...

The best or cheapest way to fill a gap from a missing tooth ?

I am a full time uni student aged 20 livin on my own, am i entilited to get dental treatment on the nhs.?

What o you do first? brushing your teeth or flossing?

600 mg of Ibuprofren.. is this dangerous to take every 6 hrs?
Hi, Im having some extreme wisdom tooth pain.. Im due to have it extracted next week of thursday..
my question is ; Is it dangerous to take ibuprofren 600mg every 6 hrs?
this is what I ...

What will u do if u know u will die tomorrow?

cfblick
How much does it cost to have wisdom teeth removed without insurance?

proud2btysmom
Rating
there's no way for anyone to really tell you that. Call around. Another suggestion is dental students at a university. It's usually alot cheaper...same service. Good Luck

First Lady
When I had mine removed...it was about $1300. I had all 4 removed.

HardLover
Rating
I agree with the university. Or you could just do some extra jobs around town to save money and you'll have three thousand dollars in no time.

Mike G
Having wisdom teeth removed costs the same with or without insurance. The only difference is who is paying for the work.

Lisa
You need to call around. I got 5 teeth out, with heavy drugs to knock me out for about 700.

bsdirqconflict
This doesn't directly answer your question however I think it does offer a good alternative. Before spending any money you might want to check around with some drug studies. If you have an extreme aversion to pain I might not risk it however I've seen two drug studies looking for people to have their wisdom teeth removed in the last couple of years in local newspapers.

So you get your teeth removed and make some money in the process....double bonus.

Dr. Albert, DDS (UNITED STATES)
THE REAL ANSWER IS BASED ON THE THE TYPE OF SURGERY REQUIRED TO REMOVE THESE TEETH.
THIS MAY BE A SIMPLE EXTRACTION WITH DENTAL FORCEPTS, OR A MORE INVOLVED SURGICAL EXTRACTION.
AMONG THESE, IT ALSO DEPENDS ON WHO DOES THE EXTRACTION AND ON THE DENTIST HIMSELF.
HERE IN THE MIDWEST IT'S NOT UNUSUAL FOR AN ORAL SURGEON TO CHARGE $250 PER TOOTH FOR A SURGICAL EXTRACTION.

Chi-Girli
A prayer and at least 5000 or you can try going to Delta Dental is what our family uses & split the cost 60-40
Id say never pay full price !!!!!!!!!!

sooners83
Rating
It depends if they are exposed where they can just pull them, or if they were like mine and impacted. They had to break my jaw and cut into my bone. I would guess from 1.5K to 5K.

Also you may want to sign up for dental insurance (about $10 a month) then cancel when you are done.

Missie
Rating
It could range from $100-200 Depending on where you go. You also have to factor in the cost of the visit,x-rays,and anesthesia.

Fashatona™
Well,I woulden't reccomend you go to Davenport&Roahinbaugh.I went to Davenport,in New york(His practices are spread around the states) and within 3 months,he drained my dental insurance down from $1,600.00,so I basically had no dental Insurance.Now,if you went through the same thing as me,I would sugguest you wait til you have dental insurance,because pulling Wisdom Teeth is pretty costly.So your looking at maybe $300 with insurance but without insurance is around $3-$5,000 dollars.

kay_flood
Rating
wisdom teeth require the services of an oral surgeon, you are looking at 2 to 3 thousand dollars.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.184
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy