Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Is it Ok for my kid to swallow while brushing teeth?
My kid never spits. We use Orajel toothpaste. It says safe to swallow. But, we are concerned that she also swallows everything in her mouth while brushing. Should we be worried. She is 3 yrs old now....

For how many mins one should brush their teeeeeeth???

Im having braces in .does it hurt?
they said i have to go back in a year until my teeth grow back and im scared .my boyfriend has had 4 teeth out for his ...

My husband went to the dentist last week?
with severe toothache. They removed a tooth which was decayed. The next day, he was in even worse pain so he went back to the dentist and they gave antibiotics, he is still in total agony now and ...

My wisdom teeth are coming in. Out now, or wait?
Over the last two months, my wisdom teeth have been coming in. I only have two; one is fully in and in a reasonable position with space, the other is just emerging through the gums. Should I wait ...

My seven year old daughter has signs of tooth decay.....?
We went to the dentist today and he says that she has some tooth decay> I am horrified. He says that we obviously brush them well as there is no placue (we still clean them twice a day for her) H...

Remedy for teeth decoloration.?
My teeth are turning brownish. I have no clue why. Can anybody tell me possible reasons? and if possible, solution to this? I have acidity. Can this be a factor?
Additional Details
No, I ...

Why do i need a filling when i brush my teeth twice a day and floss every day?

Should i wear my retainer at all times?
yea so i just got my braces off finally but now i have to wear this retainer 24/7...my ortho said not to wear it swimming, drinking acidic stuff like coca cola and eating...do you think it would ...

TOOTH PROBLEM please help me!!!!!?

Does your hole close from getting a wisdom teeth pulled out?
I just wanted to know when you get your wisdom teeth pulled out how long does it take for your socket to heal and ...

How do I help stop my 7 year old son grinding his teeth while he sleeps?

Whut ams duh bess toofpase foe yo teefusses?

Is it normal to have pain after a wisdom tooth extraction ?
i had my wisdom tooth extracted ( bottom right ) 3 days ago , i have pain still nothing really unbearable , but my jaw & ear aches the worst , i feel a throbbing sensation too , i was worried ...

Will it hurt?
im gettn braces on wednesday and also my gums scraped 7 times. will i b asleep or not?
Additional Details
he told me i could either get nutrious or be put 2 sleep. which should i choose? ...

Why did the dentist keep my wisdom teeth?
I voluntarily had my wisdom teeth out. They were all healthy and complete. They all came out in one piece. The Dentist refused to let me keep them. Why? Do they sell them to universities or something?...

I have really bad tooth ache and my teeth are really sensitive What can I do pain killers dont work.?
My dentist really hates NHS Patients and treats me rough and is nasty every time I go. I dont want to go back but the pains so bad....

Express your feelings about dentists?
your attitude ...

My child is almost 5 and has cavities. Is it necessary to drill into them even if they are going to fall out?

I LOVE going to the dentists?
i LOVE going to the dentist even from the simple polish and scale to the filling and root canal i love it all.
she straps me up in a bib and off we go. is there anyone elce like this. i no im ...

Janelle
How many teeth may be extracted at one time??

Additional Details
i have a consultation with an oral surgeon the 25th, to discuss how many will be extracted the cost etc..

CuriousAboutTheWorld
My dentist would only extract teeth from one side at a time from the lower jaw. But this was because they numbed my teeth, and numbing both sides at once would be hazardous. (I wouldn't be able to tell how hard I was biting my tounge. Ouch.)

freebird
Rating
as many as you have.

jpanek_2003
Rating
When my grandpa got dentures, the did his top set of teeth first, then weeks later did the bottom set. They don't remove all of your teeth because you need to be able to eat, and there is swelling involved, so if you remove too many not only will you have to be on a liquid diet, but you will be in some pain.

insurance questionnaire

$parkling Diamond$
shouldn't be more than 4 (too much pain and swelling)

sr_12116911
you can have all of your teeth extracted at one time...but this must be done by an oral surgon.

stanleys_2001
Rating
all of them

dre
Rating
It all depends on how much bone you have left. We pulled two teeth last week with a twist of the wrist and our fingers. in 10 seconds flat. After providing anesthesia ofcourse. In theory even if you have all the bone and no periodontal disease you could pull them all, but practically it has to be what is deemed best by the oral surgeon.

good luck

vikingprincess1955
Rating
All of them can be extracted,because years ago my mom had all of hers pulled at once.

question_ahoy
Rating
Up to 32, I'd think.

But I don't know for sure.

cousinned
Rating
An oral surgeon can extract all of your teeth at one visit. If you have all 32 teeth, then 32. It really depends on how many you are needing to have extracted. Are they being extracted for braces and you need more room for space? Or, do you have poor dentation? I had 4 pulled at one time for braces. Then had my wisdom teeth surgically removed.

shibutterfli77
Rating
I have had four at one time done, on each side.
I had impacted wisdom teeth and then broken teeth from a tongue ring. (Bad bad bad Idea Kidos)
They could not be saved. So I don't have any back teeth... fun fun.
Having them pulled at once was better than my last filling when the dentist hit my tooth nerve...Ouch ouch ouch.
I had to get a root canal and feeling much better.
If you do need that many pulled... do one side at a time and give yourself at least three weeks between each procedure.

Toni
As many as need to be. I had 16 pulled at once. And another 8 a week later. I was given Valium before hand and managed fine. The reason for the week in between was my personal choice - the doc would have done them all if I had wanted.

mikki_d_98
you can have all 32 teeth extracted at one appt. you will need to go to an oral surgeon to do this.
i know this because i'm a dental assistant

jack430
Rating
How many do you have?

(They extracted my last 12 in one sitting.)

statetime2000
you can go with 4

Mom
Rating
My husband had 5.

g3010
Rating
They don't like to put more then 6 or 7 at any one time unless they are taking them all out for false teeth.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.004
Copyright (c) 2013 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, April 23, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy