Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

My root canal hurts is it only me?

People with braces!!! (Please Read)
Ok, so i have very spaced out teeth and i don't smile with them or anything because I'm so embarrassed about my teeth! Me and mom were talking about braces last night and honestly i'm ...

Any one know what the strongest painkillers u can buy?

My Braces hurt!?
I just got my braces tightend and they hert really bad! Any suggestions to help make them feel better?...

How bad do braces hurt?
Okay so I'm getting braces next week and I am REALLY REALLY scared. I just need to know, how bad is it going to hurt? And what helps to make the pain go away? Also, any tips on what to do before/...

Did anyone loose weight when they had braces?
If you did, how much..
Additional Details
i actuallly have them now and i've lost 3 kilograms and hardly any of my clothes fit me anymore. and people already said i was too thin....

I just got braces today and my teeth hurt REALLY bad?
I got braces today at 10:00 and I've been fine until about an hour ago and the pain is getting worse! Is there ANYTHING I can do to at least reduce the pain? When will they start to not hurt as ...

Do I need my wisdom teeth pulled out?
I haven't been to the dentist for a long time because I'm really scared of them but I will need to go soon because my teeth are really bad now. I know I've got a lot of cavities that ...

I am so scared and I wont go?
well I am 18 and have never been to the dentist I am so afraid of them... I don't know what to do. I mean what would you do?...

Its alcohol good pain relief , my teeth are in pain ?

Additional Details
I mean Is , this anbesol is numbing my brain too:)...

Should i get cosmetic dentistry?
i really want straight whit teeth, any reasons not too?...

How many days were you out when you got your wisdom teeth pulled?
Im getting all 4 pulled and need to know how many days I should take off of work. Im thinking about getting it done on a friday morning that way I have the weekend to rest...is that enough?...

Nearly all my teeth hurt when brushing them, what's going on?
For the last couple of weeks my teeth really hurt when I brush them or even when I eat, specially sweet or acidic stuff such as fruit. I've bought Colgate special tooth paste for sensitive teeth ...

Who swallows thier chewing gum?
and is it as bad for you as they say?...

My wisdom tooth is coming up and itz killing me. What can I do 2 ease da pain + its giving off a funny smell?

Help Toothake, Really bad, feels like my face is breaking, front top tooth, any cures, anything goes..??
I've to wait five more days before dentist can finish the rooth canal job.......just got it cleaned and temperory sealed...anastetic is wearing off,...currently takeing:
difene 75mg - 4 ...

My son is 14 and has a very bad tooth ache,? where can I find an emergency dentist. If I have to pay I will?
in the Dublin 10-12 ...

For people who UsEd to have Braces..?
When they took them off did you have a lot of cavities? I am 13 (was 12 when they took them off) and I brushed my teeth every night but I had 10 cavities! So now I have to go to the dentist every ...

Is there anything more painful than a toothache?

I'm 20 and no wisdom teeth?
Does everyone get wisdom teeth or just some people? Maybe I'm just not wise yet? ...

Fatty
How long will my mouth hurt after root canal?
I had to go to the dentist this morning because I had toothache, he said the tooth was badly decayed and he had to do a root canal on it. The local anaesthetic has worn off now and it's quite painful - not like the terrible toothache I had before, more of a dull achey pain. I know it's probably just because of the work that was done on the tooth, but how long should I expect it to last for? And can I take pain killers for it? What's best to take?

Eros21
Rating
At least 4 months. I'm a dentist.

bharat b
The tranquilizer effect will go away in six hours or so, and THEN you will feel the actual pain.

The pain is because the tooth has been physically detached from the jaw bone.

maximum 2 days of mild pain. But keep yourself busy with redio,books, TV ,ie, dont give much thought to the pain.

Dont trouble trouble, otherwise trouble will trouble you.

Have a nice rest. All the best.

spike
Rating
take every 4 hours 2 paracetamol
for one day
tomorrow the pain will be gone
done it myself before

canim
Everyone is different so it is hard to say how long it will take for the pain to go away, usually in my experience it has taken a few days for the pain to die down, however if the pain gets worse go back & see your dentist so he/she can check your tooth. Yes you can take painkillers im not sure what country u r in so ask your local pharmacy what they recommend.

hope you feel better soon.

p.s i have had root canal myself so i know how you feel

mdwyson
I just had one about 2 months ago on a back lower tooth and the dull achey pain just recently went away. I thought that he dentist had done something wrong because it took so Long for it to start to feel normal. Just take some Advil or Aleve and wait it out. It will get better everyday :)

Cara
Rating
I haven't had a root canal but I got 4 fillings done a month ago and they hurt for a few days afterwards (they were really big fillings so it's probably a bit like a root canal) and two of them still hurt now. If it's really bad you should probably phone your dentist in case something has gone wrong, but otherwise ibuprofen works quite well, well it did for me anyway.

playfultoyz
Rating
i had 4 root canals done at the same time, my pain went away after 5 days, though if i bite something hard on that particular tooth it hurts like a b/tch, just ask your dentist to prescribe ibuprofen 600mg its great stuff, takes the pain away in like 5 minutes!

justine
Rating
Expect discomfort for 24-48 hours after a root canal. Ibuprofen 800mg every 6-8 hours will take care of it. Good luck

mama
Rating
It should only hurt after the numbing wears off. A root canal kills your tooth. There shouldn't be any nerve endings in it anymore. You should feel nothing, except the shot areas. I have had 4 root canals.

bonzcindy
It doesnt they take out the nerves. call your doc.

madison
In my experience only a day or two. But I would call the dentist for a mild pain killer so you can at least sleep tonight.

WHAT KIND OF DENTIST COULD MAKE A PATIENT HURT FOR FIVE MONTHS? GLAD I'M NOT ONE OF HIS!!!

Christina
I took Aleve for about 3 days or so and it worked great. It's an anti-inflammatory and pain killer so it worked nicely.

Shelby Cobra
my boyfriend had one done the day after Christmas. his infection was really bad though and he was in less pain after the surgery. After though only like a few days and he took some prescription pain meds.

Dana G
When I had to have a root canal it took approx. 3 days. Just make sure you do not chew on the side of the root canal. Just follow your Dr's. advice, it will be oK.

katsdf
Rating
The soreness will last a day or 2. Try Advil, Aleve or Motrin.

guehnwyvare_of_atlantica
I had a root canal on both of my two front teeth, it'll ache for a couple of days. Try taking some advil, it helped me.

Um to the dentist, honey, I've had both of my two front teeth replaced with crowns, and it didn't hurt more than a few days for any single procedure; If you're making your clients hurt for 4 months, you need to find another profession.

Brad Z
Call him to get a script for the pain.. or just take a shitload of Advil... Like 4 or IB profren.. Far as the pain goes... depends on you, could be duller by tonight OR could last a few days if there is infection present :)

Mona
Rating
I have had 2 root canal one at the age of 15 and another at 25. The one at the age of 15 hurt like a B***h, after it was done i was in such pain for about 3 days until I returned to his office because I just couldn't take the pain anymore, i couldn't sleep, couldn't eat, i was Miserable!! - Well, it turns out the stupid dentist had not completely removed everything and that was the cause of the pain, he then didn't want to go back in, I guess due to the likelihood of infection or just because he didn't know what to do (who knows!) but he referred me to a surgeon to remove the whole tooth, who thank God was marvelous, the minute i sat in his chair he took good care of me, he was gentle and patient and gave me the 'laughing gas', after the procedure he gave me a prescription to take for the pain--- I took it for about 3 or 5 days and I felt no pain!!!
Needless to say after that incident w/ my dentist i changed dentists and a few years later when i had another root-canal it was a breeze, he did the procedure painlessly and then told me to take x-tra strength Tylenol if needed and i did for about 2 days and I did not feel a thing!!----
It all depends on what kind of dentist u have- If the over the counter drugs don't work for you then go back to the dentist or your primary physician and get a prescription for pain killers or get your mouth checked out! Good luck!

mom2babycolin
Call him back and tell him you're in pain. He should have prescribed something in the first place. My dentist gave me 800mg Motrin, which is basically super-strength Advil. It'll be achy for 2-3 days. He should have instructed you to call him back if it still hurts after a week.

Seriously, medical care has dwindled in the last 10 years. What is UP with doctors forgetting to tell their patients important information like this?

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2014 HealthExpertAdvice Friday, December 19, 2014
Terms of use - Privacy Policy