Home | Links | Contact Us | About Us | Bookmark
Medical Forum Search :

Homepage      News      Health Topics     Health Directories      Medical Forum      Dictionary  
Health Forum    Dental
Health Discussion Forum

Is it bad to smoke while your wearing tooth whitener strips?

POLL: How many times per day do you brush your teeth?
I do 3-4 ...

How much time do you brush your teeth everyday?

Do you brush your teeth everyday?
common be honest. what make you skip brushing your teeth the day you didn't....

Which is worse chewing or smoking?

Wisdom Teeth?
The dentist wants to pull out my wisdom teeth. Is this a wise thing to do? What's gonna happen if I leave 'em in, anyway? Any advice?! Past experiences??? Thanks :)...

What is the most annoying part of having braces?
I have braces for 2 months now and what annoys me the most is drooling all over my pillow at night. What's annoying you?...

When you get braces do you get shots??

Chipped tooth, can anything be done by dentist?
I have a chip in my front tooth, which I did when I was younger. It makes the tooth appear wonky and I hate it
My two front teeth are longer than the rest (yes,a biy like a rabbit)
Is ...

Gums bleeding...why?
when i brush my teeth, after brushing, my gums is always bleeding, and i think it causes bad breath sometimes. is it true?
and what should i do?...

17 years old, and still has 12 milk teeth. has anyone else got this? when should they fall out?
my daughters teeth wont align until the milk teeth are out, but theyre showing no signs of wobbling or aches. she has healthy teeth, just wants straight ones!! when should the milk teeth have fell ...

Will my wisdom teeth push my teeth closer together and close my gaps?
A person told me that when my wisdom teeth grow in they'll fill in all the gaps in my teeth, so now I'm really curious. My teeth are like all straight in a line and I only have just a ...

Is lemon juice god or bad for your teeth??

What color braces should I get?

Should I ask my dentist for a gown?
My dentist says I have a lot of dental work that needs to be done that would take too much time during regular office hours. So, I've been going late as he suggested. He's been doing a good ...

How do I stop a toothache from hurting so much?

Are you supposed to brush your teeth before you go to the dentist?

Broken Tooth?
I'm back home for the holidays and a piece of my lower back tooth has broken off. It's very sharp and rubbing against my tongue, but I can't go to the dentist until Wednesday when I ...

I keep having dreams of lossing my tooth. it happne 3-4 times a month. why is that? any specific reason?
is it due to stess? or any other reason. kikindly assist.
Additional Details
im 25. male. not a kid anymore obviously. an 'nope�...

How many toothbrushes do you have ?

Rachel H
How long will my braces hurt?
i am in so much pain and i havent even eaten since monday!

Alfred
max. 4 weeks

Peyton M
They should only hurt untill Firiday or Saturday. One way to help is to eat a lot of ice cream, and take some medicine for them. You should eat things that aren't very chewy like applesauce. Sometimes your dentist will give you some wax to put on the outside of your braces so that they won't hurt your cheeks. If they haven't given you any, I'd get some because it can become very helpful! Good Luck!

Maddy
Rating
1st of all EAT like soup or jello or something. and take some pain killers they will hurt for a while. you have to exercise it. and they will also hurt every time that you get them tightened.

the princess
the actual ache will last for about a week but the rubbing will last about two.but it depends really on how bad they were and how much they need to move to get straight.im feeling for ya,iv recently had mine off and it is so worth it.

CocoChanel
Rating
I know it hurts I had some too but normaly it's two weeks max ! But you can try to eat salad or soup.

♥jonas[h h h]
Rating
about a week and a half

?
Rating
Well if you just got them on then they are hurting because they just tightened them. They will loosen up in about a week. But enjoy it because everytime you go back to the dentist they tighten them. Don't worry though, they will be off before you know it.

juguemos2004
Rating
When I had them they used to hurt for like 3 days.

moegirl
took me about a week

♥Rose♥
5-7 days

Angela, eh? Go Team Canada!
Rating
Sometimes it takes weeks for the pain to go away. Try to eat foods that require little chewing (like pasta) because chewing makes the blood flow to the teeth and it will make you recover faster

Reindeersgomoox3
Rating
They won't hurt that long, the worst is right after you get them on. Whenever you get them tighted there will be some pain but try taking Tylenol before every tightening appointment. You may want to eat before too so that you won't be hungry when they start to ache. It's all worth it though, I got my braces off a couple months ago. You're going to love your new teeth. They just feel gross and slimy right after you get them off. Remember to brush! Haha
You're almost done with the worst part.

makebelieve
when i first got my braces on they only hurt for about two weeks and then i was completely used to them, dont worry you'll get through it. eat soft foods for now like soup or mashed potatoes :)

Lost in dreamland :D
Rating
I'm getting braces really soon and I'm so scared!

My dentist says they hurt for about a week afterwards.

But she says it can vary from person to person.

This site might tell you a bit more about them :)

Good luck!

http://www.braceplace.co.uk/Do_braces_hurt.htm

RootBeer
For me it was a little less than a week.

I just got my braces like, SUPER tightened, it does hurt a lot. But once your teeth get used to the movement, the pain fades.

Take Ibeprofuen, this morning I couldn't even talk it hurt so much, then I took some pain killers and I can move my mouth now, lol.

Eat soft mooshy foods that are easy to swallow. Like for breakfast, eggs sunny side up. And smoothies are good. I hope you feel better soon.

My teeth were overlapping every other tooth and when I smiled it looked like I was laughing with my mouth gaping open. Now when I smile my teeth touch, and they're really straight. People say the can't believe that my teeth used to be so crooked and that I was the best case showing improvment. But they gave me bands to put across my front teeth to pull my mouth shut, but now I have receeting gums, and my bottom row of teeth are really sensitive, so whenever I go in, it hurts like HELL!!! Plus, ontop of all of that, EVERY appointment since 2006 at least one bracket has fallen off. =P

Beauty is Pain. =P

HowAwkward
Rating
depends .. after i first got it . it hurt like 4 days.. after my first tightening it hurt for like 3 xD

newstart162
Rating
3 or 4 days

Amelia E
Rating
they usually hurt for 5-7 days
dont worry about it
eat soft foods...
pudding stuff like that

jake m
probally only 2or3 days
i also just got my braces today and that is what the ortho told me
good luck........

?
Rating
Call the doctor who put them in, as I never had any pain when I had mine. Three days of not eating is NOT good for you.

sam
Take some Advil or something for the pain, they should only hurt for 4-5 days. Then, if the pain is still real bad, contact the orthodontist to see if there may be something wrong.

tusmrt4u
Rating
It depends on what the orthodontist did. If these ared new braces and your teeth are fairly crooked, you may feel pain especially when chewing for a week or more. Also if you change from a really light brace to a heavier one that may also last that long. But usually between adjustments it will last only a couple days. One trick is don't bite with your front teeth. Instead move everything back to the molars to eat.

gnotinz
Usually, it takes 3 to 5 days before the pain will subside. If your still in pain take some tylenol (2 caplets every four hours) Hope this helps....

blah 1
you should be fine and back to normal eating habits in about a week, week and a half. Trust me, I just got my braces put on, I am on mth 2 and it really isnt that bad anymore. Getting them tightened will bother you again, but that only last for about a day.

Try eating pudding, mashed potatoes and smoothies. I ate this for about a week straight, I know its not fun after som any days of eating the same thing, but it helps.

<3
Rating
they will probably hurt for 3-4 weeks
i recently had braces so i have experiance lol
and only the first like 6 times you get them
tighten theyll hurt once you have them over
a year or so tightening them
wont hurt but for now hang in there
it will get easier :)
things you can eat for now
-pudding
-soup
-jello
-smothies
-ice-cream
-yogurt
-mashed potatoes

hope this helps!

Adventurer4hire
For me they would hurt for about 2-3 days after i would go in to have them tightened/adjusted. I know the pain you feel, I remember jello hurting... hang in there it will be worth it.... Trust Me.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum -Forum1 - Links - 1 - 2
HealthExpertAdvice does not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. 0.014
Copyright (c) 2011 HealthExpertAdvice Wednesday, March 27, 2013
Terms of use - Privacy Policy